Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

am disgusted missus

doin nowt til Sat'dee, me 😧

brutally chronic is most favourable way i can describe that #"tiktak" of Willie's 😓

#not exactly up there with summat Ryan Moore done years ago on some course what had trees on it - forget the race, but he won from complete opposite side of what t'others were racing on,,, Shoemark, (today) , on the other hand, goes {pretty much} the "WRONG EFFING WAY" for 50yards or so 😲 #that's not any kind of "possible racewinning 'tactic' " what can be explained using any kind of logic known to man 😴

am too traumatised to study for tomorrow - think it's la "BabeNations" nd "A Place in t'Sun" for us in days upcoming, our j@u 😃

btw, that were a "Yorkshire" us in line above , ie "me" is what's meant by us 😊

GL with ur puntees missus anyhoo - hopefully you can treat defeat , victory and crooked rides (esp crooked rides) all with the same disdain and indifference, and no let it affect your racereading abilities in races upcoming thereafter 🤗

tekk us a while to get over that - be at least bedtime before pain eases ;)

no matter what happened or transpired at the start (that us TV/Bookies' Feeds viewers couldn't possible be expected to see) - if indeed he was possibly "forced" to go left - Shoemark definitely owes us punters an explanation

oh, and well done to the horse (or, "punters" who'd have backed said horse, moreso) that placed 10th 😲 - it was enough to win "Match Bet" 'tween him and another horse - latter which did well to lose that match, given it were only a 13 runner field!! had i had backed King Kraken @ ~ 11/8 to "win" a "match-bet" in a 13 runner affair, and le bette was victorious, and my ("winning") pick obliges by coming 4th last , then even if i was losing for t'day, it'd seem like a "winning" one,,,,,

,,,,,, and vice versa, obvs 😃😅😓😪😒

:) :) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

The performance of GWENDOLINA which started second favourite and finished unplaced, was considered. The representative of Clive Cox could offer no explanation for the filly’s performance other than a report from Kieran Shoemark that GWENDOLINA was slowly away.

I was expecting a bit more than that...

Anything for today, boss? Have you got on all the HT tips before he even announced them? 😂

I have no time for HR today, placed a few quickies and I'm off to work... I have a small interest in 5:43 Sth, 8:10 Thsk and 8:30 Cfc 😁 C ya!

HT "the most unassuming etc man,,,, " ,, am paraphrasing Blake from his appearance y'day on ATR

course he's "unassuming" - would hardly make sense to big himself up,,,, given those +% profits he's supposed to make don't stand up to any realistic scrutiny,,, prices that were scarce available at the time and/or trimmed, regardless, shortly thereafter - divide Mr T's %Points profit by 2 be a lot more realistic i'd say

nope missus; me aint done all of HT's in advance, in no small part cos me were no doing any study for today,, just me 7,0'c Chelly pick what I picked oot ~ Tuesday evening

sometimes "no explanation" is all it takes - that's the game 😒

Anything for today, boss? Have you got on all the HT tips before he even announced them? 😂

ta for the laugh - were "reet funny" as up folk Up North sayeth 😂

g'luck with ur secret picks anyhoo missus !

Ascot - Saturday

Soft-heavy in places on round course

2,40 Victoria Cup

allowing for ground no better than soft; for reaons multitudinous, us pen landed on these five

TOTALLY CHARMING 8/1 EW , PEROTTO 14/1 EW , SAFE VOYAGE 16/1 EW , ZIP 28/1 EW & ADMIRAL D 20/1 EW

slightly worried about Clive Cox pair: Kingdom Come ~ 7/1 featuring man of the hour 😂😓 Kieran "Willie Shoemaker" Shoemark , as horse is on upgrade but untested on Soft going & River Nymph ~ 12/1 who's a former winner of this race from 2021, but has had no prep run this year, so jury is out on Adam Kirby mount

even money Taylor picks one o' us five potentialles, above,,, was 11/8, but that was "snapped up" in seconds - some "shrewd oddscheckers" are scratchin' they heads wondering where TF the 'supposed' 11/8 was ever offered up - by any real or imaginary (obvs, as is for purposessss amusemawnt - but ye principle <of prices 'claimed' by HT fanbois/hungry corporate koonts🙄> of the ostensibly "unavailable" prices standeth) layers, was e'er available at - for any kinda coin 😪🙄😒

mebbe go €2 win + €2 each way on ye five picks , but doin' nowt til late tomorrow eve or Saturday - can neither trust the Going nor tipster Hugh Taylor's reputed P/L +Profit figures, being two solid racing/punter maxims; meaning ground could well be Good to Firm yet, so keep powder dry for anudder 24 hrs at least 🤣

weather forecast saying raining today+tomorrow at Berkshire track, and cloudy and sunny come Sat'dee

:)

Thirsk - Soft

ACLAIM TO FAME 9/2 WIN NAP , HAPPIER 16/1 EW

G'l

8,10 Thirsk

SPARKS FLY 11/4 WIN

8,30 Chelmsford

wide open race with not a lot of out and out pace on, so it would seem - KENTUCKY KINGDOM 7/2 EW is one what had an apprentice atop last two rides, but Joe Leavy(7) is now replaced by Duggie - who's a good man on a hold-up ride and has won twice on horse before

t'gambled on Semser @ ~ 7/4 fav appeals if going on last CD run (August '22) when winning Class5 affair in a very fast time. has a tendency to be slow away, and wasn't fast out the gates when gaining that CD success 5 runs back, but has flopped last four starts since then - none of 'em at Chelmsford. would've appealed at earlier 7/2, but with the shrewd Moore coin coming, i think he represents zero value here

no joy with nap , but Happier places 2nd = tis summat 🙂

Sparks Fly !!

good girl Laura 😁 early doors 10/11 jolly 😮 wins by ~ 6lgths @ 15/8 😁

drift were "wrongk" - ole leff: he knew 🤣 🙂

🙆

8.45 Thirsk

MAGICAL EFFECT 16/1 EW

g'l in wide open race :)

• Advertisement

8,30 Chelmsford

wide open race with not a lot of out and out pace on, so it would seem - KENTUCKY KINGDOM 7/2 EW is one what had an apprentice atop last two rides, but Joe Leavy(7) is now replaced by Duggie - who's a good man on a hold-up ride and has won twice on horse before

t'gambled on Semser @ ~ 7/4 fav appeals if going on last CD run (August '22) when winning Class5 affair in a very fast time. has a tendency to be slow away, and wasn't fast out the gates when gaining that CD success 5 runs back, but has flopped last four starts since then - none of 'em at Chelmsford. would've appealed at earlier 7/2, but with the shrewd Moore coin coming, i think he represents zero value here

no good - out money in third; jock finding trouble didn't 'elp :(

take a chance on GLOBAL STYLE 20/1 EW in last Chelmsford @ 9,o'c

forgot about this one

rubbish, 2nd last of 7, pick finished :(

Thanks to Sparkies bringing some $$$ home because my AW picks were rubbish too 🤣

today's darts

7.20 Kilbeggan

in a race which sees McNally's Dreal Deal gambled into 2/1 fav, and one which looks wide open, i've gone for two here:

EYE VAN 10/1 WIN+EW ,, cos i backed him before, wears first time cheekpieces and is trying fences for first time - can't be ruled out

PAUL MARVEL 7/1 WIN ,, another first time chaser in a race where some have already gotten experience over bigger obstacles; this one of WPM's has drifted to decent price, and has only had the three hurdles' runs to date so am hoping logic is that chasing is t'Grey's game

none of top three in betting are (to me anyhoo) 'screaming out to be backed' neither

nowt wrong with prices of me picks in a race that's very tricky

☺️

8.40 Nottingham

Close Quarters appeals on form (4th last time on soft - by Fast Company what thrive on heavy) but not on price : 11/8 from ~ 11/4. only had the six runs but price looks skinny nonetheless

not a massively confident one here: ENDERMAN 11/2 WIN mainly races on AW or on Good ground, but his only win from 29 runs come over the 6furlong trip at Redcar on Soft, and has come 4th before on his only go on proper Heavy ground - albeit way back in Oct '21 at Leicester

would've backed fav if me looked at race earlier , but me didn't , so just small win on t'pick

gl

price getting chopped on Enderman last few minutes (nowt ta do with me 🙂) ,, just as me were having me €2.50 win at the 6s stated, the price shortened into 11/2 😆

seems to be a 9/2 shot now - don't mean he'll win tho, obvs 🤗

all told a poor showing by the picks - from about 1/2mile out writing were pretty much on t'wall for t'brace :(

• Advertisement

note to self and whoever's chooned in: Ed Bethell stable going well recently, so'll keep an eye out on his horses in days upcoming

Ed's runners in next few days:

Ed Bethell

Track Trainer

Last Winner

Coverdale (IRE)

5/6Fav, Callum Rodriguez

Nottingham Fri, 12th May, 23

Runs Since Last Winner

Days Since Last Winner

Last Runner

Coverdale (IRE)

1st, 5/6Fav, Callum Rodriguez

Nottingham Fri, 12th May, 23

Runs

Wins

Places

Win %

€Earnings

€1 Level Stk

Last 21 Days (Flat)

21.05%

€50337.62

€-1.54

• Last 21 Days
    • Entries
    • Stats

Date Course

Conditions

Runner/Weight/Jockey

OR

Class

13May23 Hay

7f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

James Mchenry 9-3 Callum Rodriguez

13May23 Lei

7f. H 3y+ Mdn (10K)4

Lowton 9-4 Phil Dennis

14May23 Ham

6f. GS 3y Hcap (29K)4

Mountain Warrior 9-7 Callum Rodriguez

14May23 Ham

1m. 1f. GS 3y+ Hcap (29K)4

Nigwa 9-9 Callum Rodriguez

16May23 Bev

1m. 1f. GS 3y Hcap (8K)5

Tiamat 9-4

17May23 Yor

6f. GS 4y+ Hcap (40K)2

Regional 9-4 Callum Rodriguez

17May23 Yor

7f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

Yorkshire 8-11 Callum Rodriguez

18May23 New

1m. S 3y+ Hcap (10K)5

Tiamat

18May23 Yor

5f. GS 4y+ Hcap (35K)2

Regional

18May23 Yor

7f. GS 4y+ Hcap (50K)2

Point Lynas

18May23 Yor

1m. 3f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

Coverdale

27May23 Hay

5f. 3y+ F (125K)1(Grp 2)

Sandbeck 9-3

24Aug23 Yor

6f. 2y F (300K)2

Angel Of England 9-2

26Aug23 New

6f. 2y F (100K)2

Rich Glory 9-1

07Oct23 New

6f. 2y F (150K)2

Mickley 8-9

07Oct23 New

6f. 2y F (150K)2

Rich Glory 8-11

seems to be a trainer on the up. normally don't pass to much remarks on 'trainer form' , but he's getting a lot of winners to be fair to him - don't think his mother (?) (Harriet) was ever as prolific; think he took licence over from her. small sample size of runners granted

@t'Wench - git ya finger oot and gi'us a few for #2moro 😁

me homework is did - going at Ascot still given as Soft-heavy in places, which seems strange as sun practically beating down here all day in my locality - they do things different across the pond I s'pose ! 😂

only joking above our j@u 😊 lovely weather at out; me hopes u is 'njoying it 👍️ 😆 🎠 🏊️ 🍹

😁

me's prolly gonna be busy "early doors" on t'morrow and mayn't be "threadside" , but let me say: Good Luck with all yer picks j 😊🤣😊

:( 2nd Enderman

prolly unlucky as was in centre of course , but winner come from near side rail,,, favourite flopped (4th Close Quarters come) - so there is that 🙁

"no bet" aftertimee here 😂 me liked the 11/2 winner, Dandy Spirit, on 'breeding' (Dandy Man's on Heavy/Soft Going in sprint trips) mainly , but was put orff by his last run on 'Heavy' Going - which were a poor 8th of 12 o'er minimum last month at Catterick 😕

have a good wkend folks 😊

still "soft-heavy in places" on racecarde...

... which is good for me picks ☺️

whether they'll run like i hope they will is anudder ting entirely 😝

anyroad , most books going 5 places - with a few offering 6, so that'll do

2,40 Victoria Cup

allowing for ground no better than soft; for reaons multitudinous, us pen landed on these five

TOTALLY CHARMING 8/1 EW , PEROTTO 14/1 EW , SAFE VOYAGE 16/1 EW , ZIP 28/1 EW & ADMIRAL D 20/1 EW

Prices current:

TOTALLY CHARMING 5/1 :( , PEROTTO 14/1 , SAFE VOYAGE 12/1 , ZIP 33/1 , ADMIRAL D 20/1

they'll do at them prices for me

won't be going o'erboard on this race, tis wide open 🤣

Totally Charming is probably deserved favourite. can easily enough make cases for four of the single/close to single figures' horses (no's 16, 5, 9 & 2) in betting, here, far as being involved; but it's tough race to solve, and none of them four referenced look like massive value, nor do they look as ones jumping off page as likely winners 🤣

G'l

have done no further homework for tomorrow; am hoping it be too good of a day for to be stuck indoors 😆

Oh the trickiest race of the day... Lets go he easy way and look at the winners stats: most of the winners are aged 4-5, with couple of 6yo's and one 7yo mixed in; on this basis we can gets rid off 7 runners straight away; highest priced winner was 25/1, so we take another 3 out of contest; high draw is favorable, being drawn in stall 10+ is a good thing, and the pace seems to be on the high draw side this year too, so all lowly drawn can be dismissed and also those who haven't had a run this season, and here we have it, the list of the most likely candidates 😂

*eta: I don't know how the Baradar survived the chop, but anyway, my choice is not to be involved in this.

**eta2: Biggles in my notebook for being well supported on return or some not really a valid reason like that.

So many high class races today, I'm struggling to find the best horse in the sea of the bestest horses in the country, I'll back some nags in lingers I suppose...

• Advertisement

I see Strong Power is out again but the nag is only 12/1 which is very poor taking into account that he's unproven over the soft going and his strike rate is very poor over 6f, his SR is poor in general, but the rating is slipping though... I think it's another stunt to bring his mark another two pounds down. I've backed him 8x so far, with -67% ROI and I'd flip when he finally comes in one day and I have no bet on 🤣

Lingers 1:50 Tothe9s 10/1 - drop in class (no polytrack form, would be shorter otherwise); 5:45 Naasma - based on last year's promise over CD. I just noticed that price on Naasma has shortened quite a bit, I got on @7/1, now she's 5/1.

Leic 8:10 Star Sound 4/1, as an alternative to unstoppable fav...

GL.

rubbish :(

Safe Voyage only placer out the lot 😢

not a clue really here.. Billy The Kid's horse well supported and price gone on Mr Bluebird. not liking wenchitty's Strong Power on overall form, but can't really rule out. lot of horses here what have plenty form on Good ground or on the AW, but not so much soft ground form 😕

If we look at jolly, Coco Bear ~ 11/4, horse should be there or thereabouts, but would probably fare better with 'Heavy' in Going description

pen landed on three hopeful each way ones, but don't listen to me cos i just don't know 🤗

STRONG POWER 12/1 EW , SERGEANT TIBBS 13/2 EW , LIBERTUS 20/1 EW

☺️

STAR SOUND 4/1 EW in 8.10 will do here on her first run in hcap. yet to race on turf so can't be ruled out on soft/heavy ground. favourite is a bit short - has won on Good to firm and on Soft; has won her last four, but no heavy ground form, and perhaps her run will come to an end today. just two places, but very open 6 horsey race

Appleby's Eponina ~ 4/1 won this last year on ~good to firm, and is a previous CD winner on Heavy Going. likes to make all tho, and me no likee make-all type nags

i is stumped for today 😌 🙄

there be better days for losing money 😂

anyroad, gl me and our j@u and @TomEaves and Star Sound in Leicester 8.10

😊

i see Ed has two out today

first one obliged - me no backee tho 😪 that one were well backed James McHenry in 2.10 Haydock

one more Ed has today and #me back regardless:

LOWTON is 5/6 fav for Leicester 7.10...

#maybe not at odds-on !!

😁

in that 7.10 race, me'll instead chance small each way on WHERE'S FREDDY 9/1. beaten about 5.5lgths on first go last month - over seven on Good to Soft ground at Newmarket; might fare better on 2nd run, and, being by Lope De Vega, should like the heavy going - tho trip may be a bit sharp, tis only a maiden so will not be too concerned about the possible sharpness tripwise

gl

• Advertisement

Naasma beaten by neck, FFS! Drifted out to 18/1 too, that'd been nicey but not to be 🤬🤬

unlucky wenchitty :(

All hopes on Star Sound in 8:10. Strong Power flopped again, Tothenines even worse came last 🤣

6.40 Lei

DANZART WIN 2/1

g'l

:) :) :)

8.25 Warwick

wide open. pen landed on MOLLY'S THIRD MAN 22/1 EW

could have found that 14/1 Leicester winner, King Of Speed, if going back to Nottingham run last Oct - similar Going, but staying on o'er shorter at the minimum trip.. been mainly on AW since 😒

ah well - one more

8.40 Leicester BIG BEAR HUG 3/1 WIN

April Nottingham run would give this filly chance of dropping maiden tag here,,

g'Luck

winner at last 

😏

😊

Big Bear Hug = 1st ,, just holds on - was getting hairy late on with jolly coming fast

noggin is frazzled

lotsa big field handicaps for to #look at for @'amilton, tomorrow

Going in Scottish venue has it as Good to soft - believe it when me sees it :rolleyes:

supposed to be dry tonight, and "occasional outbreaks" of rain tomorrow ; and that shouldn't change Going much, if at all, #but am no wasting us time in case it does go Soft

g'Nite 😊

• Advertisement

Rain f'cast is minimal, going should remain GS. So, what's the pick for 5:15 Ham later today, boss?

I can't split the top3 market rivals, I'd have gone for Dutch Decoy if he was like 7/1 but not 5/1... Even the outsiders are hard to eliminate, e.g. Tilsitt.

not a clue - maybe YAASER 28/1 EW from good draw

well he was no good, that Yaaser - got run when needed, up on t'inside, but was flagging ~100/~150yds from jamstick

had a squizz at Tuesday - looked one race at Wetherby

Going - Good to soft-soft in places

Tuesday

Wetherby

EMILY POST ~8/1 EW with ye upwardly mobile, Ed Bethell, nowadays, is daughter of Charming Thought. little evidence, but absence shouldn't be a major problemo. a winner on the AW and on Good to firm ground; has not had many attempts on softer going, but a third place last Oct at Musselburgh in a Class3 when a little unlucky in running, would gi'e her claims here

FIRST GREYED ~20/1 EW not a likely winner but goes well in Class5s over ~7furlongs with juice in t'ground. place claims. almost 200 days' layoff do temper enthusiasm a tad

ZUMURUD ~20/1 EW is dropping down weights is le reason here

easy enough to draw a line thru provisional market leaders, imo, if one were minded to 😄

Slainte Mhaith ~3/1. unproven at north of 6fs

Al Baahy ~5/1. yet to win. overall turf form uninspiring

Rocket Rod ~5/1. all three wins come on the AW. aint even raced on turf in getting on for two years

Lilikoi ~6/1. this one looks like it wants a mile on the turf, and possibly also would prefer top of t'ground anyhoo

#Finlandwererobbed#fekkthecheatingassedeurovisionkoonts

no wonder a mediocre song -even in t'context of other mediocre songs- was sent off odds on jolly; it's cos the fix was in

#fkpunting

hard to git up for studying/punting when some events are already decided in advance 😒

🙂

tekk stab at one on t'morrow

Monday: Windsor - Soft

ye lucky last 8,35

cloudy o'er there and a few showers due tonight. a lot of sun, if it comes, could change going drastic and it might be getting close to Good come tomorrow eve

plenty of angles and variables here

at prices, pen landed on two:

LADY OF ARABIA 12/1 EW , NATIVE BEACH 10/1 EW

looks like Sparks Fly is a best priced 4/9 shot atm,, a massive improver in times recent is this 3yo filly and has won three on t'bounce - all three were on turf over a mile and with both Soft and Heavy in all the Going descriptions for those races; and apart from them three wins, the horse's five previous runs were all on the AW, so horse is unexposed on ground better than soft (if Going improves and likely it will) , but can also take angle that goodish ground's (altho tbf the sire, Muharrar, can get them to win on allsorts of surfaces/ground) a negative and consider for win and place lays

some proper stables represented here, and lil Sparky might be intimidated by the might of mules from yards t'like of Balding , Hills and Charlie Fellowes, to name three, and poor lil Sparkies cud be o'erwhelmed and not put in good shift ;)

😊

Yeah, it's very interesting to see if the Sparkies gonna get their 4 timer tonight. Another curious thing is that this Appleby horse is a favorite on strong connections basis, ignoring the fact that he's gonna be lumping a stone or more over 10f distance being off the track for 1.5years, fair enough that they're persisting with him but... On the other hand Tajawal was 1/2f favorite on his second start, blew his chances when wondering around the course at the final stages, now the gets the visor slapped on and can do better off the "bottom" weight...

Sparks Fly got her fourtimer on t'day o' yester , no ? 🤣

won like a crazy odds on shot 😒 Going were 'Soft' - hummbug :(

oh was it yesterday? I had 4 hrs of sleep the night before, so yesterday was a complete write off, I must have missed something hugh 🤣 🤣

ok, let's watch that 7:15 race, no bet. this is more like it.

Tajawal got rotten luck again 😅

good post missus 😂

i lol'd 🤣

• Advertisement

Advertisement