Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW36 captains poll

• 08-05-2023 10:45am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chasing 3rd in a ml, so may go Isak instead of EBH.

GW36 captains poll 61 votes

Isak(lee/BRI)
    42% 26 votes
    Wilson(lee/BRI)
    29% 18 votes
    Kane(ast)
    1% 1 vote
    Rashford(WOL)
    0% 0 votes
    EBH(eve)
    11% 7 votes
    Martinelli(BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(lei)
    4% 3 votes
    March(ars/new)
    0% 0 votes
    Welbeck(ars/new)
    0% 0 votes
    Other - mention in thread
    9% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Going Isak also. Back up of Wilson if Isak doesn't start (if there is early team news).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Newcastle are in the 12.30 hoodoo spot, but will the DGW negate that?

Hmm I'm actually wondering now is Wilson might be a better choice now if Isak if moved wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Currently Isak, tempted by Mitoma

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Need a big differential so rolling the Trippier dice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Current musings on the captain (from Newcastle) would be this;

Ideally a forward. We may get into pre-deadline about who starts for Newc with Wilson or/and Isak. If it is both, then than means Isak is on the left but I think he would be a better choice as he then starts the Brighton game as CF with Wilson rested as he doesn't really start multiple games in a row too often.

Also, the Brighton game might be a more attractive game than the Leeds game when it comes to scoring goals. Big Sam will have spent the week drilling the Leeds defence, and set up to frustrate and keep the clean sheet. Maybe try nick a goal on the counter Even though Leeds need a win, A 0-0 draw is better than a 0-1 loss for him. Maybe we should want our CF starting that game and not the Leeds game.

So maybe Trippier is a better option as Leeds might not actually look to score and get a 0-0 instead maybe. The underlying data in Newcastle's defence is still strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If both Wilson and Iske start - Wilson would still be the penalty taker right? If Wilson not on pitch - would it be Iske?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it’s just guesswork until we get one where they’re both on the pitch.

I have Wilson and Isak, rival has Wilson, so I expect him to be his captain. I'm not sure if Wilson gets 180 minutes, I have a feeling Isak may have a better chance.

While my gut is telling me Wilson will be a better captain, I'm thinking I'll have to go with Isak for the differential.

And fair play to everyone putting the armband on Trippier. Way braver than I would ever be.

Great write up. Only thing I'd say that if Leeds have been working on the defence and Newcastle get an early goal, they could hammer them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Rodgeb

Time to have a bit of fun. For once Haaland will not be heavily captained and with Salah, Kane, ManU and Arsenal all on a single GW now's the time for a fresh and rested Evan Ferguson to make himself the hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They didn't cave against Man City to be fair, but they were helped by lady luck a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Are you chasing or leading?

If chasing the captain Isak, but if you're leading and you're certain he will captain Wilson, so should you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Joelinton

Took it off Isak and put it on Wilson at the last minute.

Already regret doing that as most have Wilson captained. Isak might have been a good differential captain.

Advertisement