Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Carthach Daly wasn’t togged against Cork. Was replaced on the bench by Billy Power, but wasn’t announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck to both the Senior Footballers and Hurlers today. Safe travels to all

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Gluteus_Maximus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Hearing about managerial ‘genius’ / tricks up sleeves/ ‘master strokes’ etc etc gets tiring…..players need to step up also……it’s quickly becoming a ‘game of chess’ /American football with all moves/tactics preplanned and spontaneity disappearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Well it’s sh!t or bust day, can’t say I’m at all confident. Just have a feeling it’ll be another one of those days where we’ll be let down with another poor performance, both on the line and on the field.

Will be more than happy to be proven wrong, we’re surely due a big performance and a win but I’d say Clare by 6-8. If the game is slipping away could see it going 10+.

Best of luck to all the lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

There's always hope, no matter how grim our prospects are.

Best of luck to Davy and all the lads.

Up the deise!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

UP THE DEISE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Any pubs that will have the game?

Exchange, The Hub are advertising it on Facebook pages

Its really some pain in the hole with this GAAGO and adding Leinster vs Munster kicking off at 5.30 too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

As a neutral Corkman, I am looking forward to the game today. I think everything that could go wrong, did, against Cork so I think there will be a better performance today from Waterford. Pride must have been hurt so I expect a big effort today and think Waterford will surprise people. Now, whether they will win is hard to say but I think it will actually be a close game.

Looking forward to a good contest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Anyone know if there’s a match on before the big game?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

All the best to the team today. Travelling in more than hope than anything else. Hopefully we at least get a performance from the lads today whether that will be enough we will have to wait and see. We need to put a bit of pride to back in the jersey. it’s been a miserable year to date. team named (probably only missing de burca and kiely from start 15, maybe Mcnulty) is strong individually wether the collective will be good enough remains to be seen. Hopefully Aussie and daly are able to last the 70mins. Imperative we get a good start fall behind early on and heads could drop and it could be a long evening. The players didn’t have a chance to redeem themselves after Ennis last year. Today they have a chance and hopefully they’ll take it with both hands. Up da Déise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Do or die ⚪️🔵 block 207 Waterford support not a huge amount around other areas .

Lots of communions etc on today too which is another factor to consider for low attendance

Difficult enough trying to find somewhere showing the game with it been on GAAGO

Anyway let's hope we can do the job today, Hon the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hon da Deise from a Limerick supporter 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

The wides we’ve hit already are shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Half time.

Attitude is there but application is shocking.

Poor decision making and shot selection is a year on year problem but this takes the biscuit. Many times a man in a better position and wrong decision taken.

Ref prob keeping us in it with the frees

Lucky to the only 3 down at HT and been down to 14 is going to kill us

35 mins left to stay in the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

11 wides, some of them idiotic.

Lyons first yellow was self inflicted ; second offence never a yellow.

I guess that's it for another year folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Donncha O'Callaghan is in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Absolutely woeful.

Curran scoring more in 5 mins than dunford in 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Figerty

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

He has to go. I don’t like saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cbwfd

I genuinely can't see this working under Davy. Don't like putting blame solely on management because players have to take responsibility too but there is absolutely nothing positive from this year. All just seems a bit of a circus with us at the moment but what the answers are is anyone's guess. So disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that there was a bust up in the Waterford dressing room at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

4 managers, 4 round robins, 13 losses.

I'm not a Davy fan by any stretch, but management is far from our only issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Those players aren't good enough time to face reality. I honestly don't want to see half of them in a Waterford jersey again

Advertisement