Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Why can’t he just move on and become whatever it is he wants to become? Spending your life in a court room harping on about trivial events of 15-20 years ago just makes him out to look like a bitter man- so he gets a few Bob; so he makes a few newspaper editors apologise; like fcking big deal- no one gives a sh1t .I could understand him taking these cases if he was still a working royal- but not now.

Hes just drawing more grief towards himself- if he just drew a line under it and moved on he’d get so much more respect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The difference possibly between Edward and Harry, is who their parent was. The Queen didn't need to offer her youngest son as a sacrificial lamb to the press because both she and her husband were popular. As for the titles, Edward wasn't gifted a dukedom by his mother (he was made Earl of Wessex), so his kids don't have the HRH. Just for the record, Harry & Meghan are still HRHs, but don't use them (according to google, the HRH is to distinguish RF members from non family members. An example is the Duke of Devonshire - he isn't a HRH.

Tell that to Harry (who I'm quoting).

I see you didn't respond to any of my other comments/questions such as why would TK Max try and claim that Harry was lying when there was so much evidence to prove he wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Never let the chance for some PR go a begging. TK Maxx getting a shout out in the book upon release and with attention focused on it they post a tweet i.e. we don't officially do sales but we offer amazeballs value year round. But conspiracy against the sacrificial lamb according to his ghostwriter. Or something. We all need to cancel TK Maxx etc.

Have you a link. All I can see on twitter is royalists gloating that Chelsy is to Harry what Camilla is to Charles. Plenty of comments about how upset Meghan will be etc. I'd love a link to what you are referring to.

• Advertisement

I forgot to ask in my previous post. Where did you get the information that he was annoyed that it was in the papers about breaking his thumb. This is what you posted.

This is the same guy currently with a case in court because, to give another example, the papers wrote a story about him breaking his thumb while playing football years ago. A match with mutliple witnesses and who would have been the sources for such a story. I get his points regarding why such incidents like that are in the public interest (they're not) but that is utterly petty. They wrote about my thumb, that is obviously terrible so I better tell a world who have been waiting with bated breath for the past four decades that me and my brother are circumsised. "Dude", nobody cares.

As you will note his problem with the story was they were inferring that he was nearly on life support. He didn't have an issue about it being report, he had an issue with how it was reported, making it sound much worse than what it was.

If you didn't get it from the tabloids, where did you get it?

Its not trevial what the British tabloids have been up to. It seems that Harry is the only one who will take them on because he actually has the money to do so (and the courage). Most other people were afraid to do so because they couldn't afford to. Harry has got a very good legal team, lead by David Sherborne whose recent clients include Johnny Depp and Colleen Rooney v. Rebecca Vardy. He also worked for Diana.

So far over 1 billion has been paid out and News of the World was put out of business. Up to now, the Daily Mail has got away with it. Dan Wootton gave Caroline Flack (a former girlfriend of Harry) such a hard time, that she committed suicide (and Daily Mail deleted all the **** stuff he had written about her then). Their lies that can destroy people's lives and someone needs to stop them, preferably by putting them out of business.

One interesting thing in these court cases - all the owners/executives got away with it and left the reporters out to dry (some ending up in prison).

Those people are out for revenge on the owners and management now.

Harry and Meghan did draw a line under it and moved to Canada / US, but the British papers couldn't stop making up stuff about them and thats why they are doing all this stuff - thousands and thousands of derogatory articles about them (fed by the Palace) to detract from other stuff (such as Andrew, Williams affair, rehabbing Camilla etc).

So he was annoyed about it i.e. how it was reported on. He was annoyed that something like that was reported on and he was right. Kids break bones everyday. That was 23 years ago as well and he bears a grudge about it. Are you surprised that papers who always print stories a sensational way wrote about it sensationally because it was the third in line to the throne?

Agreed. These people are bat **** crazy. Cult like. See the below for example. I wonder will Harry issue a statement to stop the harrassment of Chelsy? He should but I doubt it. He'll know all about it if they were to ever split. He'll have these crazies waiting to turn on him. Tabloids stirring the pot will be tame in comparison if it ever came to that.

That doesn't mention Chelsy? Have you a link to where the Sussex supporters are posting about Chelsy. All I've seen is a lot of gloating from royalists and claims that Harry is still in love with Chelsy.

• Advertisement

Read your own post and explain how and why you came to the conclusion that it was Harry being annoyed that the papers had reported that he broke his thumb and that it was a privacy issue and should not be reported in the newspaper. You were banging on about loads of people at the match who could have reported. I'm beginning to think you work for one of the British tabloids because you really defend everything they do and definately a tendency to put a tabloidish spin on anything to do with Harry and Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

My point is that Harry shouldn’t be dragging his girlfriend of a decade or more ago - who is married and has a child - into his court case. Doing so is an invasion of her privacy. As he did to the “older woman” that he “mounted quickly” behind the pub. Quite apart from anything else, he really has no filter.

A selection. Anyway these posts are from Twitter where the so called Sussex Squad seem to operate mainly. Weird how Chelsy supposedly left Harry because of media scrutiny and these people still seek to denigrate her. Toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I don't work in the media. Tabloidish spin? And you always engaging in whataboutery about sensational things like affairs covered up, pegging, racism, conspiring with Murdoch etc. without any proof? You state things definitively as fact but when called on it to explain you can't back it up or you deflect.

His problem with that thumb story was because he hoped the tabloids might be less petty on royal coverage particularly after his mother died. It turns out they didn't learn any lessons and were always going to drum up whatever they could to report on even though he was still a teenager.

Your post is filled with complete inaccuracies I don’t know where to start- so I won’t - except to say, I wonder how Caroline would have felt being called “a bit of rough” as Harry called her in his book!!!! Some headlines are best forgotten considering she’s now dead.

I agree with the reference below- Harry is quite a disgusting human being - I don’t care if he didn’t come up with that phrase originally, it’s sick that he felt he had to repeat it to prostitute himself for money and fame- fck off Harry .

Harry didn't call her ''a bit rough''. The scum newspapers did.

Harry then went on to speak about the end of their relationship, continuing: "Very soon after they papped me and Flack, those photos set off a frenzy.

“Within hours a mob was camped outside Flack’s parent’s house, and all her friends’ houses, and her grandparents’ house.”

And looking back at the media coverage of their relationship at the time, Harry added: “She was described in one paper as my ‘bit of rough’ because she once worked in a factory or something.

“Jesus, I thought, are we really such a country of insufferable snobs? We kept on, I think, because we genuinely enjoyed each other’s company and because we didn’t want to admit defeat.”

He added: “But the relationship was tainted, irredeemably, and in time we realised it just wasn’t worth the grief and harassment. Especially for her family. Goodbye, we said. Goodbye and good luck.”

Do you misquote on purpose?

The only people who don't want it mentioned are the tabloid press who would like she was totally forgotten. And that agent, Alex Mullen agent should be ashamed of himself jumping on the back of Harry for publicity sake.

Which part of the post are not factual? That David Sherborne didn't represent Johnny Depp or Colleen Rooney? Rebecca Brooks didn't end up in prison while some of the people who worked for her did. These people are out for revenge because they were dumped in it. So go on, admit that you can't deal with these commentary because they are accurate.

Read my full post- I clarified all - but keep ranting if it makes you happy -me? I’m watching the Eurovision

Oh and eh- to state the bleeding obvious from my ORIGINAL POST:

“ I don’t care if he didn’t come up with that phrase originally, it’s sick that he felt he had to repeat it to prostitute himself for money and fame- fck off Harry .”

SO AFTER MANY REPORTED POSTS WITHOUT ANY RESULT STOP TROLLING ME JM08

• Advertisement

I don't generally respond to posts if they contain a personal attack. Its not worth it.

South Park were going on about William's pegging 10 years ago! You seem to set great store on that programme. Why do you dismiss this. Murdoch just likes the power and the money he makes by manipulating/brainwashing the masses. He doesn't care whether its true or not, as long as he makes money out of what he says.

Great- so I won’t be hearing from you again-that’s a relief

Ok. You say I write with a tabloidish bent but when I think you do it then you consider it a personal attack. You're quite clearly on a wind up here. You can report my post if it's a personal attack. At least we don't have deranged Sussex supporting cretins on Twitter posting about how we are ugly, fat, drug taking boozers.

Post edited by valoren on

No, his problem with the article was that it made out that he was nearly on life support for a broken thumb. Why would they do that (and he was only 14 at the time)? It was in particular bad taste since it was just a year after his mother died.

Here is your post:

Your post is filled with complete inaccuracies I don’t know where to start- so I won’t - except to say, I wonder how Caroline would have felt being called “a bit of rough” as Harry called her in his book!!!! Some headlines are best forgotten considering she’s now dead.

I agree with the reference below- Harry is quite a disgusting human being - I don’t care if he didn’t come up with that phrase originally, it’s sick that he felt he had to repeat it to prostitute himself for money and fame- fck off Harry .

Harry did not call her ''a bit rough'' which you are claiming here. This is what he said. He actually criticised people for being insufferable snobs.

“She was described in one paper as my ‘bit of rough’ because she once worked in a factory or something.“Jesus, I thought, are we really such a country of insufferable snobs?

By the way, Caroline did a memoir herself where she wrote about her relationship with Harry.

How is writing about your life prostituting yourself? If that was the case there would be no biographies. Or is just Harry isn't allowed write a biography?

Again your insinuating I said something when I didn’t - it’s very clear that said that Harry didn’t coin that phrase/ now go away you’ve trolled me once too often

For at least the third time, you have said of @Oscar_Madison

Harry did not call her ''a bit rough'' which you are claiming here.

The thing is, @Oscar_Madison has not said that. Ever.

Harry has no filter, he’s just perpetually playing the victim. He has no interest in other people’s privacy, is prepared to blame anyone and any institution whilst inevitably never taking any responsibilities for his crass behaviour.

Exact quote from what you posted:

I wonder how Caroline would have felt being called “a bit of rough” as Harry called her in his book!!!!

We’ve been through this- you haven’t quoted my entire post which places that sentence in context and you know that- go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I think the poster is trying to distance themselves from this part of their quote because they followed it up by saying that Harry didn't come up with the original quote but either way they DID say Harry called her 'a bit of rough' in his book which he 100% did not. They only time he used that phrase was to express his disgust at calling anyone that.

Advertisement