Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Im calling it now;

Sweden to win their 8th title before we even qualify for our next final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Was always gonna be mission impossible to overtake that Swedish jury score, but so delighted for Käärijä to take second place. He had a better song of course, but that's they way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Norway should’ve won. I mean putting aside the fact the singer was hotter then the surface of the sun, the song was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

That was absolutely dire song the one that won it. Garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

No harm in losing that dubious label. This one is an airhead, no character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,690 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

Time RTE cut the crap. Either stage a proper effort at Eurovision or let TV3 or TG4 have a go. Sick of this. It’s like working your arse off to get to college and then not being arsed showing up for lectures.

hope RTE don’t dare get any of our previous winners back on to rubber stamp tge dhitshow they’re creating these sage. Not fit to tie their shoes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

CHA CHA CHA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Why don't they get rid of the feckin jury vote ?

Its embarrassing ...everybody going cha cha cha and Loreen the winner barely a cheer 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20,914 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'll never give a live presenter stick again - a seasoned pro like Norton could not do it well - so shows a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Totally but I’m delighted- 50th ABBA anniversary why wouldn’t ya fix it 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The crowd have turned.

Is the Eurovision fan bases obsession with Sweden finally over...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Why didn’t they give Norton a box to stand on, like our man in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lads will ye stop cribbing, that's the system that was developed to dampen the geographical voting and it has.

Sweden won handsomely, she was bookies favourite and had huge momentum. It's no shame on Finland who put on a great show.

Personally I thought Ukraine might get 1 million public points and Sweden would have to host on their behalf again, but no, they'll get to host in their own right and that's good.

Bon nuit a tous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭appledrop

Poor Graham looks like a spare part at the end with three ladies😁

I dont like her - but Alicia stole the show all week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy that Sweden overall. No stand out winner for me.

Hopefully Sweden equallying our wins will give them the kick up the behind they need to pick a decent song/signer for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

who really won ??

going on Public Vote it should never've been ye turnippes

163 ahead at half time - only wins by 57 !!

any kind of maths tells us that there's an odious smell of mendacity over the Juries and whatever shenanigans they were involvede in

DISGRACE !

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Absolutely.

Everyone has a favourite song. No use crying fix when your favourite doesn't win.

As for our record. We don't deserve to be ahead we've been so shi*te for 27 years.

Sweden are a great Eurovision country. Way ahead of us, we're in the last century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭glitterIsland

Germany was rock. Not everyone likes that style of music. They were very loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

The beat of that song is very like Euphoria….. but it’s nowhere near as good a song, bit of a nothing song really

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The semi final breakdowns will be out soon...did Ireland come last or second last in theirs..these are the big questions ha

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Euphoria is one of the best winners, don't think I'll have the same fondness for this in ten years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I've no idea wtf she is even saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

As much as I love Graham, would it not have been more appropriate to have the Ukrainian presenter for the votes with Hannah?

Scarlah for the UK

Expected for Sweden, don't think it was deserved. Would have loved Finland or Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't really get why this song is so popular, it's kinda shite.

Staging stolen from Kanye in Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did they reveal where the Irish public votes went to? I've been watching the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well over Hannah Waddingham she was a delight!

Advertisement