Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,539 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

LeBron gets the plaudits but without Davis the Lakers aren't winning. James can put up the numbers as usual but it wont win it for the team.

IMO Davis is the actual MVP of this Lakers roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say that Curry wasn't great against the Lakers. Even last night he made a lot of mistakes. He ended up with 32 points but it was on 11 of 28 shooting and that's not the mistakes I mention, that's just his shooting.

He looked very tired for periods of the game. He looked awful for most of the first quarter then picked it up at the end of the quarter and just disappeared for most of the second. I suspect he has been carrying an injury.

Agree with you as regards Poole, Draymond and Klay. They are hamstrung by those contracts and there's no way out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

I think AD and Lebron now are truly an equal duo even AD is slightly more important now due to his defensive impact, if one of my them is not playing the Lakers are not making a deep playoff run this year...

LeBron pre 2021 could carry a team on his own but now he needs AD more as LeBrons impact defensively is not as good anymore, the lakers turning in to such a good defensive team helped him alot too, he had and he can still have big games like game 4 Vs Memphis in OT and last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Yep. They’re favourites granted against lakers. Jokic on another level altogether this season. Just fear that these feckers are on a bit of a roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,315 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think they both have a huge impact, and neither of them can win a series without the other

My guess is LeBron would have won an MVP vote for this series, but it’s close. He’s 38 like.

Denver are not unbeatable and if AD matches or out performs Jokic it's going to be a tough one for the Nuggets...Lakers have momentum with them like you say as well

Denver have opened up -5 for Tuesday night

I’ll wait for the full previews but expert predictions have called the previous two series as Memphis / GS in 5 or 6. The Lakers are an ugly physical defense first team who shoot the ball about average, but no more. They also were a terrible team for a season and a half run until some of the best trades in recent memory at the deadline.

Pundits are struggling to quantify them. They were substantially the better team against GS imo, they found ways to lock onto GS’s weaknesses via various methods and their ability to protect the rim allied to good connectivity on defense put a huge amount of pressure on the 3 ball for GS as their only chance to win. Plus the FT disparity tells the story on how they imposed their will on the Warriors offensively.

Denver are really good and Jokic / Murray are as good a combo as there is in the league right now. No outcome will really surprise me tbh.

If you had to call it now who would you back and how many games? Do you think they will put Gordon on LeBron?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I think the Knicks will try and offload Randle this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Denver also at home and altitude…..don’t forget that.

Nope, would have been Davis. I'm not saying LeBron was crap, but Davis was by far the most important and dominant player in. that series for LA.

Edit: Autocorrect/typo

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Well you couldn’t credibly say LeBron was crap could you? Particularly after a brilliant close out game performance effusively praised in various places including by Dunc’d on Basketball among others.

The problem with Davis continues to be him taking games off to an extent LeBron simply doesn’t - yes he manages his effort but his output has a minimum he tends not to crash through.

Maybe there’s an argument for a co MVP if they get there (massive gigantic if). Because neither of them can do this without the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Monty Williams fired!! I get the logic but I think it’s BS in my opinion, feels like the owner is trying way too much right now, he needs to take a step back and chill a bit before he does anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mental these high performing coaches getting dropped but Bulls extend Donovan's contract :(

A good way to get fired as a coach is to fail in the same way in successive seasons. They’ll get you for that.

The way the suns went out the past two post seasons has been a very bad look for Monty, he also had issues with Ayton but don't know who I would put the blame on there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

For sure but it’s all a bit messy, it’s easy to assume it’s his fault after getting Durrant but more to it than that, Ayton is interesting, don’t not really know what to say, my head thinks he has an attitude and is immature

They lost too much depth as well, losing crowder and Johnson/Bridges were big blows if you found a way to hang on to both of them I think they would have had a better chance of going all the way.

Will be interesting to see who they hire now and what sort of style they implement I think CP3 will be gone this summer

Post edited by johnnyk29 on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Guess who's just been waving a gun around on Instagram again...

So much for that one day of rehab.

• Advertisement

"new owner syndrome" - they almost all do it. These guys are all multi-billionaires who've become insanely successful by doing what they want. It's a combination of ego and hubris that leads them to think "hey I built a successful X business, how hard can this basketball thing be?". It's not exclusive to basketball, most American sports teams go though this every time there's a new owner.

Agree on this point. They didn't lose on buzzer beaters, they were absolutely embarrassed in both games - and both games were at home. It's a terrible look. You can write off the Luka game last year as a fluke, but then when they get blown away this year it's a tough pill to swallow for - again - anyone with an ego like these guys have.

I'd wager Williams position was in doubt with anything but a championship - "new owner syndrome".

That's one feat of mental gymnastics there to try and twist what I said. I simply said David was the key to that series, and he was.

Funny how you never mention Dunc'd On when they openly slag LeBron - as they frequently do. And Simmons. And Russillo. And Golliver. And MacMahon. And Bontemps. And Sharp. And Pina. And Beck. And Mannix. And even Windhorst. And countless others. All haters too no doubt, right?

Co-MVP? FFS. 🙄 Now you have not only jumped the shark, you've jumped it prematurely. Could we at least save Finals MVP talk when we know what teams are going to be in it?

Celtics - Nuggets for me.

He is, and he's been the best and most important Laker this season. Despite what some think.

Whether he's 18, 28, or 38 shouldn't matter when we're talking about impact on the game. Honestly, the fanboy stuff is really nauseating. NO ONE IS SAYING LEBRON IS CRAP FFS, but you need to calm down with the unbelievably exaggerated hyperbolic posting.

I got it wrong - no-one is 100% right on. their predictions. Hands up. It's sport, anything can happen. I thought the Warriors would be better and beat them.

In my defence I did say Davis would be the key to the series, and he was.

And I also get more right than I get wrong, and I'd bet I get more right than most.

And it continues....🙄

If Klutch ever need a PR Manager or a Cheerleader you can just collate your posts here and send them into Rich Paul in lieu of a resumé.

Only one of us needs to calm down I’d say, judging by the posts above.

Tough situation for the Grizz. Culture in a very bad spot and Ja doesn’t seem to have any interest winding himself in.

• Advertisement

No, still you.

One day you’ll read back on those posts and be embarrassed by them. You’re talking about Co-MVP and they haven’t even played Game 1 of the Conf. Finals? Creating a new award for LeBron? FFS. 🙄

Advertisement