Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

He mentioned something about flatmates a while back, but I think they just had him living somewhere off screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

He's staying with Carla and Petah since he was released from hospital. They're away on holiday right now.

Yeah, that's where he's staying, the post asked where he was living. Not sure which the OP was actually asking for, but given Carla was there with him last week, I assumed they were asking where he actually lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did think Ryan was living in the pub so now with Carla is it since out of hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

Still don't know what happened with Amy. She says it was rape, he says it was consensual. She says she was unconscious, he says she wasn't. Amy says she made a mistake and withdrew the complaint. There are genuine rape victims watching this and shouting at the screen.

It's blatantly obvious what happened with Amy. If you think it's not then you've not been paying attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

why did Amy go into her bedroom? .... and let Aaron follow her in? .. and (if this happened I cannot remember) take of her top in front of him?

Why did she not just stay on the sofa and just pass out?

She has got to watch this posting up them accusations on a social media website what she did tonight, the case did not get to court, he was not tried and found guilty by a jury.

Its bad what happened to her but equally she is treading a very risky libel line and stalking him and his new girlfriend and telling everyone that he is a rapist even though he has not been tried in a court of law!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Amy passed out.

Aaron continued to have sex with her.

Amy reported him to the police.

Amy withdrew her statement because of the pressure she was under, afraid of being called a liar, etc.

It's very realistic in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

Omg ha ha ha sorry about that Ryan living with Carla and Peter

I'm actually kind of impressed with how it's been handled so far. It is an unfortunate reality for a lot of victims of rape, that even when they report it nothing gets done, and even the fact Amy knows who it was and has to live on the same street as him.

I like how they used Abi to show the different generational way of thinking about it. Her judgment was clouded by her own feelings about Seb/Aaron, but also they also showed how the younger generation are far more aware when it comes to consent, whereas people like Abi could have had things happen to them in the past that weren't recognised as assault or rape.

A small thing too that I appreciate is how Steve hasn't played the traditional angry dad part in this. Usually they'd have the dad batter the rapist and be facing charges himself. The scene of him talking to Daisy in the pub about how sad Amy is lately was really lovely, I thought. He's really trying to put Amy first.

OK Andy I'll try and explain this to you in my opinion.

I do thinknit might be a generational thing.

What aired was before the watershed so they had to becareful with what they aired.

Amy was making out with Aaron.

She went into the bedroom with him.

She might have intended to have sex with him.

Undressing doesn't always mean sex. People can change their mind at any time.

However just because somebody bring you into their bed room doesn't mean sex people can change the minds at anytime.

Now with Amy it wasn't the fact she changened her mind. She passed out and wasn't able to consent. You don't have sex with somebody who is passed out no matter how drunk you are.

It's not a grey area in my opinion.

Yes Amy is gone down a route now where she's saying stuff l, posting stuff online and it could turn out bad for her.

However people posting stuff online happens now make of it what you want. It's just another element of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentOnline/videos/10155405639321636/ this is good a good way to explain consent imo

Apologies if its been posted before

Coronation Street casts Stephanie Davis as lover for Aadi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Aaron's da was actually smart to go to the solicitor for libel/slander.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

I wonder will it actually go to court. If so, it will be difficult for Amy to prove she was unconscious and equally difficult for Aaron to prove she was not. As we were not shown what actually happened, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

She'd have no hope. The police said there was no case against Aaron and the fact Amy was flip-flopping her statements will make her too unreliable.

if this went to court the judge would say "Has Aaron been tried in a court of law with a jury and judge and found to be guilty?" - as soon as the judge hears "No" then he would (should) do the right thing and chuck it out of court.

absolutely no evidence - not even reported the next day, no DNA taken no fingerprints, taken plenty of showers after it happened erasing any evidence whatsoever - could just be her word against him... there could even be situations where a girl might "get her own back" (for some reason) by saying she was raped when she wasnt just as revenge

That's similar with a lot of rape/abuse cases.

• Advertisement

Except for her completely reversing her story, that never stands up well in court.

I struggle to get my head around viewers who still think we don't know if Amy was raped or not. They showed her pass out. It's pre watershed, they're clearly not going to show Aaron having sex with her comatose body.

not nice what Aarons dad said to Amy ... did he even have to be there? / should he have even been there?

should just be left in the hands of his solicitor who was there. Should have said "If you retract as my client wants that will be the end of the matter - if not there will be further proceedings" at least things would have been civil at that meeting (well as civil as can be)

the strange way law works is that SHE could end up with a Jail term sentence for Libel/Slander meanwhile he roaming free on the streets!

So so important before people post anything whether it be on social media or whatever or even slags someone off in public - there could be huge life changing consequences even if they believe something is true .

Studying and going to college will have not much effects in life if you have a mark against you being in prison or a policer record if you are found to be libelous or done for slander ... even if you are totally innocent and telling the truth

Bit hard to feel sorry for Ryan with this Crystal stuff. He's gone from declaring his love for Alya to inventing this relationship with someone he's had a few texts with in the space of a few weeks. I know he's going through a lot but it still feels a bit much on his part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Was Corrie on Virgin 1 (Ireland) tonight. It's not on my Sky box (recorded).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

You obviously have no idea how civil law works. It is separate to criminal law and the onus of proof is very different. Did you miss the whole Wagatha Christie trial?

I find your continuing denial that a rape happened very disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Chesney must be stuffing himself with free kebabs every shift, he was looking very porky in the wedding suits.

Advertisement