Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Apparently the new world title tournament starts Monday.

Two triple threat matches on Raw

Winner of both face each other

Two triple threat matches on Smackdown

Winner of both face each other

Winners of the two one on one matches then face each other at Night of Champions to crown the new champion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So assuming if a Smackdown wrestler wins they get drafted to raw and the title doesn’t end up on Smackdown.

Seems pointless involving Smackdown stars other than saying we don’t have enough top tier talent on raw to fill out a tournament bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A "raw exclusive world title" with a tournament including Smackdown superstars so Reigns can try for 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah makes no sense so close to the draft. So now a supposed big get for Smackdown could be moving to Raw unless they make it so that the loser of the final takes the Smackdown spot.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the draft was essentially pointless given that format😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Gosh that's silly.

A championship established cause Reigns can't be beaten. For a half a roster not good enough to get a shot at which Raw CHOSE.

12 participates

• Seth Rollins

• AJ Styles

• Austin Theory

• Bobby Lashley

• Finn Balor

• Rey Mysterio

• Edge

• Damian Priest

• The Miz

• Sheamus

• Nakamura

• Cody Rhodes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dominic was robbed.

I did think Solo and Brock might be in it, Brock will probably cost Cody

• Advertisement

A tournament to crown a new non part time champ and Edge is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wouldn't class Edge as part time more on borrowed time he will last 2 more years at most they would get a couple of good feuds in that time but if this new title is as Triple H said to be defended anytime any place hopefully it goes to someone that can put on a ppv standard match night in night out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Who out of those 12 could fued with anyone and everyone, take into account Orton Bray Robert Roode and Drew would potentially fit into challenging for this title if and when they return, countless others including Riddle and Brock and any of the up and coming NXT guys too.

Drew will probably get a match for that belt at MITB would be my thinking. I'm thinking Rollins out of the 12 entrants is really the only credible winner.

Shenanigans involving Cody being taken out will definitely happen.

I'd be surprised if we don't hear from the Bloodline about not having a representative in there.

I'd forgot about Riddle and also Reed

No Gunther but Theory included

I know Rollins must the fav to win but I wouldn't mind Sheamus or Shinsuke as champ

Priest deserves plaudits for Puerto Rico Bunny match and feel Finn has gone down JD picking order imho now while Dom has sky rocketed the heat magnet with his mami

HHH was going to give Finn a big push post mania but Vince nixed that idea. He thinks Finn is too small and injury prone.

I'm also surprised Logan Paul wasn't in the mix given he signed a new extension contract

The current preliminary plans for tonight’s show includes the return of a superstar and a family reunion (Orton and The Way?)

Boring Raw. Too obvious rollins was going to win and Cody to get screwed.

Why didn’t they leave the semi finals until next week? Makes no sense to not get a week build out of the Rollins Balor match.

For a split second I thought they might have had JD McDonagh interfere and cost Rollins and join the Judgement Day but no that was too creative.

• Advertisement

Nattie getting her yearly title shot and what a slow entrance to the ring to confront Rhea

I agree it was all obvious as @Loughc said above and they could have let Finn vs. Seth for next week

Will it be Sheamus or Lashley to face Seth at NOC, Brock and Cody need a stipulation match, tap out, no hold barred, first blood, strap match etc.,

The way Brock kept saying how he wanted a fight in his very weird rant made it sound like it's going to be one of the No DQ matches.

What's the rush in having the second match last night. Plenty of time next week and still leaves a week of build at least. With Smackdown being an hour shorter, will they do the same or leave it til next week.

Is Nattie one of the only women willing to go to Saudi and that's why she gets the shot? When will the titles be swapped?

Are the other Male Models out of the picture now?

Was Johnny hinting at Ciampa's return? Didn't waste time in getting the family back together, though Johnny has clearly disowned Theory.

Strange seeing Owens and Zayn not being involved with the Bloodline. I'm sure that will change if they're at Smackdown.

The piped in noise to hide the dead crowd absolutely ruined Brocks promo for me. All you could hear was crowd hum when you were supposed to be listening to him.

The tournament is so rushed it's essentially an after thought to get to the finale. Nobody's even getting a chance to stand out. Putting Miz in the feckin thing is stupid in the first place as he's been basically a jobber for the last few years.

Also why are Dana Brooke and charisma vacuum Natalya getting matches with Rhea, it's like they want her reign to be terrible.

Rhea has no issue facing men but backs away with Dom from Nattie, I know it is to build a potential feud and match but way to kill dominant Rhea

I wish Nattie would lay off the work, fillers etc., she is obsessed I'd say

So Gunther's IC tournament challengers can be from both Raw and SD, once again the draft is proving pointless means really nothing, hoping Chad Gable or Priest win if even in it

isnt it a battle royal on this weeks raw to determine Gunthers opponent for NOC?

I thought it was starting on Raw and also on SD including both rosters, whoops took it up wrong, my bad

Apparently Ali is set to win this battle royal. Silly decision if it is Him.

• Advertisement

Ali the free agent now who wanted his release 😄

Orton is also rumoured to appear to discuss his future, retirement, too injured to return in ring?

Advertisement