Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Piss poor again.. Had our eyes on Galway.. Forgot about Wexford today.. Advantage Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Got away with it in a way with Galway also losing. We really need to win now on Friday.

Our performances over the last few weeks have been poor despite winning and a loss was coming.

We really need to shape up on defending crosses and set pieces. Nearly all the goals we concede are identical.

We also need a bit of a dog in defence or midfield with some experience. We lack that grit. Someone in the Alan Reynolds/Paul Keegan mould (dreaming!). Obviously hard to find mid season. Baptiste provided it last year, need someone similar. We are too soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Opportunity lost with Galway also losing. Still the Blues take them on now in their own backyard with their air of invincibility gone.

Beat Galway Friday night and we have them pegged back to 4pts.. Long season left yet.. Roll on Friday nite.. Big Away support expected to travel on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

All the good chances fell to Coughlan again at Wexford, that's a problem right there. We need other lads to chip in when he's misfiring.

Btw the Block E boys would want to find their voices, barely heard anything after we went the goal down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They were probably all saving there voices for Norrises

Change the play-off opponent to Cork and the playoff venue too (Limerick?) and the rest playing out as predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I would have said Block E h as been pretty poor all season tbh, sure we can all sign when 5 up but beyond that it isn't great - is it possible the section has been diluted somewhat with the introduction of picking your own seat?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Plenty of Noise from the Block E Boys up in Galway.. Were any of ye up there that are lagging them off.. Not much to shout about their performances at home or away at the moment.. If the lads weren't there, it would be like a mourge at the RSC

Oh I 100% agree that they're badly needed. With the ground the way it is with the running track the atmosphere can be sh!te and they sound much better away from home in tighter grounds.

The RSC badly needs an atmosphere and when they're quiet like they were against Wexford the whole ground is dead. It's pure frustration when you're sitting there, my singing days are well gone btw 😁 , gone are the days when I'd sneak in a few cans and give it a lash.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about?

We have just come off a run of 6 wins on the trot.

It is quite often like a morgue in the RSC this season, bar when we go 2/3 up.

It isn't just block e supporters that travel to away games, us block d supporters often turn up too 🙄

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What are you on about boy.. Start making some noise yourself so.. Not just up to Block E to be making noise, and any atmosphere that is down in the RSC is coming from their section, so my point stands.. Can't blame Block E for atmosphere down there.. It's up to everyone

Let's face it - it's an impossible ground to create any type of proper atmosphere in because of the running track and the big empty voids behind the goals.

Well it is really up to them as they're the self appointed singing section. If there's going to be any kind of atmosphere it has to come from them.

Our problem at the moment is we think we should be winning every home game bar Galway and when it's not going to plan it's creates a dull ground. Also have the issue with first division clubs not bringing a big away section to rival in the ground.

Christ I miss the Premier division.

A lot of supporters of the premier division teams miss coming down too Waterford too. If only they made it a 12 team Premier Division

Club shop/Ticket office opening up next to the new supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Great to have new shop but seriously need to get their act together with online presence !

Hopefully that will follow now that they have a proper shop being serviced full time. It was very mickey mouse the way it was.

I know it was written about I think by the Examiner a few months back but heard again recently that the owner is strongly considering trying to move away from the RSC. Not happy with the restrictions placed on it by the council in terms of match day bar etc. Might be just trying to force the council into a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Does he have any viable alternatives to the RSC? Sounds like a load of hot air.

• Advertisement

I do make noise, as do plenty around me. Since they pride themselves as being the life and soul of the stand I expect they shouldn't have an issue with being mostly responsible for leading the chants?

Block E has been noticeably dampened this season, I think I asked whether it may have been diluted a bit with the new season ticket model. I also wonder if the music blared before games hurts the atmosphere.

Atmosphere was good Friday as it happens, crowd was good bar about 15 minutes before half time which is some going in fairness but again it was a handy win so not comparable really to what was discussed originally iirc.

Nice to see the lads have a bit of energy in their play again this evening, that run of 4 in 10 days was really tough on them but they looked good again. Coughlan is a real cut above, from his work rate and finishing to his movement and decision making.

Hopefully we can hang on to him over the summer

Tricky one, would be great to get something out by the WIT arena. Plenty of space, but where is the money going to come for that kind of investment in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I don't think there's any other examples of stadia being built on greenfield sites outside urban centres in across any of the different sports in Ireland.

Noteworthy also that the likes of Croke Park, Thomond Park, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Lansdowne Road and even Walsh Park are all being redeveloped in existing urban sites.

So unless they hope to redevelop Ozier Park or Kilcohan the options are very limited.

Owner facing jail . What a sh^% show

couldn't make it up

The fans will stick by him though and welcome the Fleetwood brigade with open arms in July.

Another scumbag with money. Hopefully another new owner comes along as painful as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It won't be a fleeting visit either, he could be looking at 10 years going by the UK sentencing laws for this type of offence.

Regardless of the statements issued that it's business as usual, it's going to have collateral damage, especially with sponsorship etc, will the management team want to be associated, who will want to be associated with the club with him as owner?

Also, might explain Walters going out the gap two weeks ago

Huge ramifications most blues supporters have head in the sand

• Advertisement

Advertisement