Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I did a trip yesterday myself range of speeds from 50km/h through a town up to 120km/h on the motorway. I did the speed limit or close to where traffic permitted. Managed 224km on 53% battery in a 2023 Model 3 RWD. Consumption for the trip was 129Wh/km. That comes to 422km for the full 100% which is not too far off the EPA rated range shown in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Hi all

recently have been getting ‘charging interrupted’ messages when AC charging at home. Last night had 6 interruptions every 1-2 hrs. Haven’t been any changes to household and was working fine first 10 months or so. Any ideas? Do I need to get onto Tesla or the charger installers? Cheers for any tips.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

3 tests.

1. try another EV on the charger and see if the same results occur.
    2. try your car on another AC charger and see if you get the same errors. An ecars SCP May work here to test.
    3. Lower the charging amps to rule out an overcurrent issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

The only reason I'd buy a LR is for the AWD, extra power and upgraded Audio. I think there's too much of a price difference between the M3 RWD and LR AWD at the moment. The LRAWD should be 3k cheaper, it would push more people to buy it. Wishful thinking I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, the Performance seems great value at only €4K more; though the LR is still great value for the range, power and equipment at roughly the same price I paid for a RWD fourteen months ago...

split the diff and let’s say it’s €46k for the LR, if range is the no.1 priority it would probably be the best value of any EV in terms of €/km, (€46k/475= €95/km).

I’m not aware of any new EV that’s under €100 per km of range (list price/real world range).

edit: some folks on the internet machine say this version will have more range than the AWD.

Post edited by sk8board on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

It seems that since I updated to 2023.12.5 the voice search has gotten quite bad. I noticed previously that it was especially good with tricky names for artists e.g. one with a polish name. However, now it's just throwing up nonsense. It seems to be OK with the voice commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Hi all, does anybody have any experience trading in a car to buy a Tesla? The only videos I found were from the U.S. I have a 2015 BMW and wonder what kind of price they would quote.

I filled out the trade in form but just got 2 texts one to say I requested a test drive and one that asks me to fill out the trade in form...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Forget about it..

Tesla will farm out your trade in to the industry, and will offer you the highest offer they in turn receive, so expect to be offered anywhere from 30% - 50% below market value for your car. Tesla only facilitate you selling your car to a 3rd party essentially.

So on a €2,000 car this might be fine, but on a €20k car maybe not ok...

Your best bet would be to try and sell privately, or if you are happy to take the hit, trade with Tesla for the convenience of turning up in your old car, hopping out and jumping into your new Tesla and driving home..

When ordering don't forget to use a referral code...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Are the circuit beakers on your distribution board tripping, or is it just cutting out on the Tesla side?.

I had been having the exact same issues - but my issues related to my circuit breakers. I was able to manage for a while by lowering the current down to <26A (as @Gumbo suggested above). I ended up replacing both the RCBO and MCB each and that solved my problem.

Next time you get a fault, log a service request in the App. Providing the warning is still active (check your notifications under Alerts on the dash), you can actually choose that warning as the issue. This way the Service Dept can get the date & time stamp of when the issue actually occured to faciliate remote diagnosis.

Cheers both. No nothing tripping. I also don’t do anything and it resumes charging immediately. Thanks for tip on reporting. What are RCBO MCB?

What is your voltage showing when charging stopping? Mine occasionally stops around 12 to 1230 am but usually restarts again. I get a notification on app saying charging has stopped. Tesla seem to not like voltage fluctuations, must be a nearby factory or something in my area. I notified ESB who did a check and naturally said voltage was between normal limits.

Not sure. Was happening during night. Will check next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Tesla make a lot of money on trading on car to third party traders - this is generally why dealing with a trader directly will see you end up with a better deal. The same is true for selling any old car to a main dealer when buying a new car.

Tesla are retailing second hand Tesla's at high prices so potentially they might offer decent money if you are trading a used Tesla but are very impacted by their ability to do this its only one dealer in the country with v limited space/ resources to deal in used cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What are RCBO MCB?

They are the breakers in the fuse board controlling the charger. Like you said they are not tripping so the fault obviously isn't there and is some where else.

a couple of zero mileage white on black m3 LR’s in inventory for €49750, base spec. It’s only €150 less than list, but quicker delivery I suppose.

Ah ok, so zero discount, just a quicker delivery (presumably).

theres a red 221 LR with alloys in the neighbouring village, which would’ve been €65k outside the grant, maybe €4-5k for the options and maybe another €4-5k of interest if it’s on finance, making it a €75k car.

• Advertisement

221 LR.

red was option.

19” wheels an option.

what other options make up the 4-5k?

€67k for a white on 19” wheels this time last year so add the red which is €2300 makes it a €69,300 car at that time.

now, that car is €54k new 😮

I was assuming the red and the alloys was €4-5k, making it €69.x as you say, and then the finance cost.

if range is your primary reason for the LR, as opposed to 0-100 times, that rwd LR (if it’s released here), will be about a €46k car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

To order a M3P now or wait for the refresh which seems to be due later this year?

I’m holding onto my 2020 M3P until I see the refresh before deciding.

I wouldn’t rule out another price drop at all on the current model.

If there’s one flaw in Tesla’s model of not having a dealer network, it’s that excess inventory is visible to everyone.

compounding that, Tesla have very publicly said in their Q1 financial filings (which are governed by fiduciary duty etc etc), that they will value volume over margin - and you cant shift excess volume without price reductions.

With the mid April price drop barely denting inventory, I’d expect another one. Not sure I’d take delivery of an m3 until there’s clarity on the mid life refresh and its price point.

True about any brand I suppose.

I wouldn’t be buying a golf today based on the hoards of inventory VW North Dublin have in the fields at Charlestown SC. Visible for all to see too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

it’s that excess inventory is visible to everyone.... compounding that, Tesla have very publicly said in their Q1 financial filings (which are governed by fiduciary duty etc etc), that they will value volume over margin

He also said "orders are in excess of production" so dont pay too much attention to anything he says other than the actual bottomline! 😉

excess inventory

Also, isn't some level of inventory inevitable? Tesla considers each car inventory until the day the customer drives away with it, so all cars in transit would be considered inventory... right?

And hence, as they scale up they will have a corresponding increase of cars in inventory (i.e. in transit, on ships). Thats not indicative of a problem though. They mentioned this on earnings call too about more cars in transit.

Or is your inventory analysis more detailed than that? i.e. They have thousands upon thousands of unwanted cars sitting in a parking lot somewhere?

Post edited by KCross on

For sure Tesla would be on the far left of that graph, with Toyota, but the point is - just imagine how many dealerships Toyota have, and how many dozens of models they manufacture, and how many cars of each model they have in the yards of all those worldwide dealerships. That graph includes in-transit inventory too.

Tesla have 2 models, and no traditional dealerships, so inventory matters far far more and is magnified when it rises.

what is without question is that tesla are slashing the prices to shift unsold inventory.

here’s European new inventory, to today. This includes 2 price cut periods which had no effect on inventory.

https://tesladata.mattjung.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

what is without question is that tesla are slashing the prices to shift unsold inventory.

It is very questionable.

The figures you are sharing are no more than background noise in terms of statistical relevance.

A few thousand cars isn’t even a ship load. You can’t extrapolate anything from that.

• Advertisement

Interesting. So, in your view, why did Tesla cut over 20% off the prices of their 2 models two weeks into Q1 and Q2? Amongst other localised cuts, like Germany yesterday, mid quarter

Advertisement