Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Absolutely the DAA can sweat the assets, which when it comes to stands I think they are doing. Plenty of complaints about overcrowding in recent times. The main bottleneck right now is lack of stands. They’ve already commenced the process to use more remote stands out West via the tunnel under 16/34. A low cost airline is appealing that. Remote stands are the cheapest to use so unless this airline fills the stands themselves it will benefit their likely competition. Now there’s a high court action attempting to prevent the DAA from raising passenger charges to pay for further expansion.

Since the LCC boom, airports make very little money handling airlines and passengers directly; it is the shops, restaurants and car parks that pay for everything. We know the DAA are/were understaffed in security, as well as facilities management with the state of the toilets. If pax and airlines want more capacity with better facilities, someone is going to have to pay for it. The DAA already halved the number of RETS on the North runway due budgetary reasons, only a matter of time before that generates negative publicity by the same airlines that went after their charges last time.

Post edited by HTCOne on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

“RETS” means what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Apologies, Rapid Exit Taxiways. You want exits with a very shallow angle to allow aircraft keep their ground speed up on landing, as they need to slow down more for sharp turns, blocking the runway for longer. This in turn allows for reduced minimum separation between landing aircraft, increasing the movement rate.

Thanks very much for that!

The term is fairly self explanatory, it was the acronym that stumped me!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Hi all following the thread with interest. Heading to MCO in a few weeks , seems EI-EIL/EI-EIL seem to be the main work horses of that route with the odd appearance from EI-EIM and EI-DAA today. Are they all much of a much ness or are there ones that are going to leave you with a sore arse?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

In fairness the seats are ok on all of them it’s the reliability of the seat back screens and WiFi that’s the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's plenty of space in the T2 headhouse for more F&B facilities etc, the Pier 5 proposal for 4 more gates + CBP capacity will help with peak and the main terminal can handle it

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Looks like privilege is Boeing 772 is doing the Barcelona flight in the morning just like last summer wonder will it be for the whole summer again

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I guess it depends on what your plan for the flight was. I usually have my podcasts on the phone, something from Netflix downloded and the kindle app on the the ipad. I often dont interact with the inflight content that much. (did two 13 hour flights within the last 2 months, watch 3 movies between the 2 sectors, used podcasts and kindle mainly) Lack of power ports would be my main issue if I travelled on one of those.

So if you are prepped the EIK/EIL shouldnt be an issue. It is of course an issue from less 'gadgety' people or those with kids who were relying on the IFE to be part of the flight experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Jesus myself bother and families, 7 kids in total booked on this flight for August. Is it just the eik/eil planes that the IFE is dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

EIL/IK don’t operate to either FAO or AGP because the aircraft on those flights are coupled with the late JFK and BOS flights, and unless there is a scheduling disaster those frames won’t operate those.

The airline are very aware of the concerns raised (although complaints aren’t nearly as high and this forum would lead you to believe). The good news is, they’ll both be refitted with the same interior/J class/WiFi as the NEO’s in Feb ‘24.

EDIT: Just seen it’s MCO you’re off to… long day working today lol! Yeah MCO is one of the routes they’re thrown on so it could well be one of them…. It’s a less premium market with less frequent fliers. Just load an iPad with movies and you’ll be fine.

Post edited by Captain_Crash on

Is privilege b777 going to be on hire for the summer anyone now

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm on the return leg of the early BCN next week, the 777 would be an interesting swap at least.

Load back out isn't high by the looks of things - cheap enough ticket, W class, and basically no seats pre-bought from the exit rows forward. Row each if it stayed that way on a 777.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

With GEY back soon would there be any need for it ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Go figure haha! Sometimes things change last minute and they have to send them, it’s not heading into BOS or JFK tho, which from a scheduling perspective is the reason they’re generally kept off those routes.

EI-DAA down for Seattle today according to FR24. Maybe the crew rest has being put back into it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Yeah just checking her status on fr24, and I see its operating the EI 953 route to Seattle today.

Good to see her back on the West Coast.

Wonder where DUO will fly to today so?

• Advertisement

Did EIM go tech in SFO yesterday ? Departed not long ago from there as EI990. GAJ only landed short while ago as well.

EI60 was cancelled on Saturday.

Ei lrh according to fr24 is operating flight ei176 to lhr back in service just in time for the launch of Cleveland route

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Travelled on the Privilege Style 777 flight from Lanzarote at the weekend.

Booked the business class seats.

The plane was 21 years old and the interior hasn't been changed since then I'd say. It smelled like a granny's house.

All functionality was turned off (seats/IFE).

Passengers were told that the seats are off because it's not a business class product.

There was in flight movies/tv shows however via your own device and the planes internal wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sherology

Jaysus... Look at the size of those seat frames... How far we've come!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So those seats couldn't be reclined at all?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Gosh. I wouldn't have thought Iqaluit would have all that many facilities for medical issues; you learn something new every day.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thats one for the log book alright, but at that far north there isn't anywhere else to land if you need to land. Its on the polar route diversion list as suitable and the A380 and A350 used it for testing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭john boye

Didn't something get stuck there for a week or so a few years ago after losing an engine?

Advertisement