Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

The ID.3 came with Bridgestone, Goodyear and Continental afaik. The Bridgestone had very poor wear/life, probably partly because they started life with a lot less thread than the others. My car, with Goodyears, was sold at 26K with loads of tyre life remaining, though I wasn't always gentle with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Yeah, I think the problem may have been with the car in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

PCP rate has dropped to 2.9% I see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That rate is only until the end of May I believe, several manufacturers are doing lower rates at the moment. I wonder are they getting stuck with stock, looking on the i4 thread there's a lot of BMWs sitting while people are still waiting for their own orders.

Plenty of people put orders in for more than one car last year to see what came first. I'd say there will be a good few new EVs in dealer stock over the next few months. Cupra have certainly been getting a steady supply of Borns compared to how few they got last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PhillyConlan

I got into my car yesterday having not driver over the long weekend, and neither the reverse camera or 360 camera were working.

It says "Error: Area view" and just shows the sensors.

I tried wiping the cameras and rebooting the infotainment but no joy. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Just saw thgis on another Cupra Site..Might Help...A full reboot is Hold power button on info for 20 sec, presume you know that..

My rear camera went out a few days ago as well. After trying to reboot the infotainment screen a few times and verifying settings with no success, I was hoping I'd have the same luck as you and that my camera would start working on its own. It's been at least four days today. I tried rebooting again. Still no luck, so I decided to pull fuse 21 after finding a complete listing of all the fuses on this site. I put it back in after a minute and now the camera works

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PhillyConlan

I saw that solution online too but was worried it might void warranty for the cameras if they need to be replaced! Is it still working for you?

Rebooting the infotainment didn't work for me, I have tried it a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Mine came back on it's own and no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

Hi all. Has anyone had any issues with their puddle lights going wonky 😔

Mine are starting to go a bit awry on both sides. Purchased in October.

Seen it happen to a few cars on a Facebook group, I wonder what the fix is?

• Advertisement

Looks like a 400km car to me! Had to plug in tonight for a bit of driving tomorrow otherwise I would have let the 'since charging' trip go further. 20" wheels, AC on, 125/105kph motorway speeds, somewhat aggressive overtaking on motorways, passengers etc. Comfort/D Mode.

I was at 13.5kWh/100km until I was running late for work due to traffic earlier >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Looks like a 450km car to me Davey! Although that's just after a very easy commute from 100% charged today. 428KMS left on GOM after 21km drive.

I won't get 450kms but it's the highest I've seen. GOM said 444KMS when setting off but has climbed slightly since to 449 total. I'll see if I can get 400kms before charging again, depending on what driving I need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Comer1

That's incredible efficiency, my ID.3 would do 350 km at most!

Should be the same car really, dont think theres any differences. Doubt I will end up with even 400kms never mind 450kms, that was just ideal conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

454km range on 100% today! Delighted with the range lately. Having said that, I don't have any motorway driving. It's been in the 440s lately. We better enjoy it while we can! Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Is that with climate switched off? I get that too, but drops by about 30kms or so as soon as i let any climate turn on. Won't be driving very far these days without cooling air on.

Have you any idea what you'd get in reality though? 454 is higher than claimed range I can't see anyone getting that in reality. Mine looks to head towards just under 400 for a full to empty cycle, but I'll charge at 20% again or even sooner if I know I've a big drive coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't used public chargers much since I got the Born in January. Currently sitting in the car in Tullow charging at an ESB charger. Only getting 11kW from a 22kW charger. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

You only have 11kW AC onboard charger so yes it’s the maximum you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Is there a new model in 2024?

What's the availability of the 77kw model these days.

Yeah there is a facelift due in 2024, cant see it being too different becuase there arent many complaints about the car as far as I know. Will probably be accompanied by a price hike too

I havent seen a 77 for sale in Ireland yet, was on donedeal yesterday looking at them just for prices and everything was 58.

Theres a 45 model, or at least there was meant to be, and I have never seen one of them for sale here either.

I also think a 77 is a 4 seater only to accommodate the extra battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Deposit put on this baby for my wife today! Born 58kWh, Aurora Blue, 20" alloys, some tech pack with surround cameras. Moves us to a two EV household (I have a Tesla Model Y already) which worries me slightly (more than slightly TBH).... Very good deal - similar price as an entry level ID3 - high GMFV a worry though. Collecting Monday week I think. They flipping charged it to 100% though yesterday, fools! Told them today there'll be an uncomfortable conversation if they don't get it down a few percent, quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We got a stock update from Cupra Ireland last week and at that point there were 96 Born's either in stock or in Transport.

Mainly 204hp models, but there's a smattering of e-Boost 231hp models. All are 58kwh though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You shouldn't be worried about a high GMFV, that just means the finance house has more to lose in the event of higher than expected depreciation. If it's a serious concern then try and put money aside for another deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nothing wrong with charging it to 100%. Leaving it sitting for ~10 days sitting at 100%.....now, there's a hell of a lot wrong with that! I'm fairly blase about charging to 100% (unlike many who take as gospel it should only be 80%) but I'm damned if I'm accepting a car that's been sitting at full charge for an extended period, especially in hot weather.

Nice car, same colour as mine.

Just ask them to turn on the a/c for a few hours it will run it down to 80% or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubhurler4

You can get the 77kw as a 5 seater if you’re interested in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Took ownership of a 6 month old Born today. Should there be a compressor and sealant kit with it?

Advertisement