Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

That looks amazing. We'll wear. Going for the same look

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Edgardo.

Nice. Love the birch in the background. How old is the one on the far right?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Whenever you see recall don't panic, it usually relates to changes that are implemented through the over the air software updates yet the term used is "recall"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dlynes83

not sure are you taking the pies or wat🤣 but dey are all de same age around 30yrs old

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Are those three induction wheels or aftermarket covers?

If so, which ones?

Thanks

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dlynes83

After market got dem off Amazon Germany 🇩🇪 will send u a link to dem wen I have better internet

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I got this one, just the 3 mats, boot, under boot and frunk. Fits well, kind of a thin plastic rather than a thick rubber.

Can still open under boot etc...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

I’m probably going to sound like a lemon, but can anyone explain how the lights at front of car work in fog? Paranoid I’m either dazzling oncoming cars with headlights manually on or that because auto has lights off that they won’t see me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Anyone notice after the last update how erratic the auto wipers are? Previous update they were actually fairly spot on. Not it’s just chaos and unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I've nothing to compare it to as I only have my Y a week but I find them awful

I only have the car 2 weeks. Up until the update they were actually surprisingly good. Now I have them off permanently. Really really bad out of nowhere and the update is the only thing I can think of that changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Are you new to Tesla? I am afraid you will need to get to used it, the regular updates mean you go through periods where the wipers will perfectly or will not stop wiping even if the windscreen is bone dry or won't turn even if it's lashing. It's a Tesla quirk that you will need to get used to 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

yes! thought it was a sensor issue .. happier now that its just an update

I could be incorrectly linking it to the update. It’s the only big change since hence why I’m wondering if the update is the cause.

on another note…. Is it possible to change the ring tone for a phone call? The beeping is an odd tone to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ItIsWhatItIs

Brand new Model Y owner, loving the car (or at least most of it)….

One thing that’s irking me is the no parking sensors…I knew when I bought it that the USS were removed but had been advised that Tesla vision was as good as or better than the USS…but since I took delivery I’ve not got it…and from what I see of the cameras I’m not sure how the front camera is supposed to do anything like a sensor… and still no Tesla Vision post update of software…so effectively no audible or acoustic warnings or alerts of any sort for parking….so a ‘family’ car with an NCAP rating of 5(?) which presumably is based on camera safety systems…none of which work when you’re parking or in tight spaces…very disappointing…especially given how good the other software and hardware is?

Context on expectations…just come from driving a 9 year old hatchback with full rear acoustic warning system and an SUV with full 360 cameras that turn on auto when you engage reverse or touch a button…meaning its pretty difficult to ding/damage your car when parking…so with a Tesla you expect ‘next gem’ tech but this failing/omission is surely a 10 year set back…so question is why??? And or what can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

A lot of folks have had to do a full factory reset to get the Vision update, you will need to reset up your profile after the reset

You may find this vid interesting (if you have time to view it) .. Having had Tesla's with both USS and now with Tesla Vision I think it is a reasonable summary, which makes me conclude that Park Assist is just an aid rather than something you can rely on. Over time I do expect Tesla software updates to improve things but with Tesla Vision fully relying on cameras (existing set up) software updates can never address hardware deficiencies ...the reality is that there are blind spots to the front (low lying objects) of the vehicle which existing camera set up can never detect! With Hardware 4 and the refresh of Mod 3 and Mod Y in the pipeline I think it highly likely that cars will incorporate a forward looking camera in the front bumper as standard (talk also about reintroducing radar..as distinct from USS).

As to the reason why they removed USS it is likely associated with reduction in cost, as the USS's were estimated at $150 per car which seems a small amount but with overall volumes this would approximate to $300m per annum.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments…however I don’t think it’s defensible…If it was the first time any auto manufacturer had added parking aids I’d understand the trial and error approach…but this stuff is basic…bread and butter functionality on cars of all sizes and prices…it’s a safety feature so pretty paltry to say that $157 per car is worth more to Tesla.com than the safety of the car, the pedestrians and or anything else that could be damaged unnecessarily…even if it adds 300m to the company bottom line…it’s at the expense of the owners who damage it or have an accident!!!

Agree, but did you not know that before you collected?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Having lived with the Tesla Vision based parking sensor for a week now, I'm not finding it all that different from other cars I've used with parking sensors. My only gripe with them is the responsiveness when starting in traffic. The virtual vision sensors are enabled when stopped in a queue and will beep at me as I drive off when the car ahead has already moved away.

I think this may relate to the setting you have selected under the "Autopilot" tab. "A chime will play when the traffic light you are waiting for turns green. If you are waiting behind another car, the chime will play once the car advances". You can either switch this on or off

Totally understand, thanks again for the comments.

Most definitely knew about the removal of USS sensors…and their REPLACEMENT with Tesla vision park assist. Further was led to believe that the vision park assist provides audible/acoustic warnings in a similar way to USS…and that by installing the minimum update this would be available…but now where does it say that you might have to do a factory reset to get it enabled…or that there won’t be equivalent sensors on the front….so was it mid selling, over selling or a mis management of expectations??

As I said earlier, other than this the car is lovely and can’t fault it in anyway…so this is just a disappointing feature…Im hopeful that my opinion changes after a factory reset if the park assist bridges the gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Coming from USS sensors in previous car, I don't trust the vision park assist. For me it's crap and I now ignore it. I use the reversing camera and quite careful at the front. Having said that I have already scraped the front bumper with low object in the dark. The vision assist was totally blind to it, USS would have detected it 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

So quick update 6 weeks in and did my first longish trip. Cork to west Clare and back. Covered 417km with 52kwh used.

pretty efficient I think! My disclaimer would be I’m a pretty relaxed driver and did not exceed 100/105km on motor way but most of the roads were minor roads where it was typically 80-90km (or less behind slow traffic) Temp was about 16-18c.

if you do the maths with the full battery capacity being about 57kwh. I think you are pretty much spot on 450/460km range… and I do realise the above may be far from typical for most. Many of my short journeys would be nowhere near that efficiency either!

5k km on car now and loving it. Bar the fly massacre on my bumper! My wife still fine it hilarious(and weird) nearly every Tesla driver salutes 😂.

trip b below for anyone interested:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭lau1247

I have my phone paired up with the car using Bluetooth. I have turned off the walk away feature (A bit paranoid about potential thief lurking about and open the door as I'm walking away) so I lock the door with the RFID card or by phone which I don't mind.

What I noted was that if I'm still within Bluetooth range when I have the Bluetooth turned on, even though the doors are locked manually, if anyone just pull the handle, it will still open. Any idea how do I get around that? I'd still like to have the Bluetooth in car calling so can't quite exactly not pair with it.

I can foresee that if I use Bluetooth at home with wireless earbud and is within range of the car, anyone can rock up and just open the door which wouldn't be great.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement