Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Factor 50 now added to my kit bag for the remainder of the summer. Not getting caught out like that again.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

The middle lad came back from a scout weekend in the mountains with red arms. I wouldn't mind but he had suncream with him, just didn't put it on properly.

We broke out the bbq today for a birthday celebration - my dad's last Friday and the dog's 2nd birthday today. T-bone for the auld lad and his own burger for the wee lad, and chicken shwarma for the rest of us. We ate inside because we haven't the furniture out yet but was still great. As soon as the stitches in the OH's thumb are gone (evil tuna can), we can get the garden sorted and ready for summer.

Heading out now to walk off the grub, still lovely out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It's the first day this year that I haven't worn my jacket to work.

Long may it last!

Funnily enough it was quite chilly when I left the house this mornig at 6.20am After the heat of Saturday and Sunday was a little surprised at how chilly it was, hopefully be the last of that for a bit. Forecast for the week ahead look decent at the moment too so fingers crossed we start to get some consistent drier weather for a bit.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Well normal service resumes today in the Wee County; yesterday's result aside, we had a great weekend. My little lad has gone off to school dreaming of being the next Sam Mulroy - which is what it is all about!

• Advertisement

Glad ye had a good weekend scoreline aside. Did you make it to Croker in the end? Great turn out from Louth it has to be said, way more than were there for the league game a few weeks ago. We were a lot luckier with the weather too!!

No, we didn't in the end, we decided that the kids are just a little bit too small yet; we must have been the only people left in the county but sure we had great fun looking for people we knew in the crowd! And the kids enjoyed the whole run up to it - they had a great day at school on Friday & then got their t-shirts signed on Friday evening by the players so they were delighted.

I went walking along Malahide estuary at 6am with my sister. The forecast said it was 5 degrees with a real feel of 2 🥶 it was freezing. Beautiful though.

One of my kids has decided that two days of sun in a row is enough to break out the school shorts....hope he won't be skint come lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Weather supposed to be good for the weekend. Might be the first outing this year for the BBQ 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Smashing weather so far this week! Hopefully it continues!

Really hope so - we have First Communion this weekend & having a party on Sunday - would be great to not be washed out of it for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Still need to get caught up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hope its still sunny this weekend because i was too lazy to cut the grass last weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm doing no mow May, so I have two free weeks before getting the mower back out. 🌿🌿

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I honestly had to read that twice before I realised you meant your garden. Well that’s enough internet for the day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Went to view a home last night and put our deposit down today. Should be ready to move into in December!! One of my worries already is Christmas decorations 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Congratulations @Andrew93 that's fantastic news!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations @Andrew93 - we look forward to the photos.

Congrats man! Welcome to the world of responsibilities.

Firstly - Congratulations! The very best of luck. And secondly, have you picked out where the Christmas Tree will go? 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Best of luck with your new home 🏡

Congrats, that's great news

Thank you! Yes, the other half wasn't overly pleased with my want to keep some money aside for decorations 🤣

thanks everyone for the lovely comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Happy Friday folks, checking in after being part of the usual crowd who disappear after Christmas! Hope all are well and enjoying the recent good weather - I was cutting the grass the other night in the bright evening sun and it was brilliant

• Advertisement

Tumbleweed is just blowing through here this weather! Gone shocking quiet, was offline for a few days and looks like I haven't missed much. Hopefully, everyone is out enjoying the good spell! Congrats on the house @Andrew93

We had First Communion over the weekend which was just lovely. Hard to believe it is over now after all the planning. This day next month, it will be the last day of the school year! It has honestly flown by so quickly!

Advertisement