Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Discovering the game pulls a Super Luigi U if you try to act familiar with the map from BotW. Just got absolutely murdered on Great Plateau.

What's the craic with the enemies that have a yellow health bar?

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think it's armour, you need to knock it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ascend is funny as you've no idea where you might pop up into. 😁

I am just so relieved this game is finally out and playing so well. It's been a long wait. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think I cooked much in BotW, so didn't notice, but did Link hum music from previous games when cooking before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Maybe it has been so long since I properly played BotW but Hyrule feels so unfamiliar to me except for the odd few places here and there.

I get so claustrophobic going into the chasms that I have spent the least amount of time down there; it's also giving me The Upside Down Vibes from Stranger Things.

TotK has surpassed BotW so much that I don't think I would enjoy playing the latter again without the abilities from TotK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Yes that and there have been a few times already I had to use ascend outside shrines to progress. Popping up in slightly the wrong place then adjusting. The variety is excellent.

Edit: places where it wasn't obvious how to progress. Not cases where you know you have to climb higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

How did I not think of this! (stolen from Reddit!)

PSA: Stop wasting your bomb flowers to blow up deposits/ stop bashing away forever with a boulder hammer.

Fuse a cannon to spear/ long stick. Throw. Will fire the cannon wherever you aim it without throwing the weapon. Lots of uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

There's cannons?

7 hearts in and not seen one yet. I did find some gadget that I couldn't figure out what it did though. Was in the under dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Yeah, and lasers!

I dropped in a chasm and landed in a yiga camp where they were on like segways with lasers and cannons too. I ran! 🤣

Also saw a clip of some lad who built a bomber/helicopter thing and he decimated a bokoblin camp flyimg over them!

Not sure I've the patience for that level of creativity, flame head on a sword does me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Made some serious progress in the story last night without touching the main main quest.

Got my Master Sword back purely by accident and along that quest you get loads of the memories filled in. Really was excellent.

Think I need a day off though. Staying up waaaaay too late just going over that hill to the next Shrine.

I’ve only one Skyview tower left to go. Can really start exploring then

One problem with the game, in my opinion is if fall off an island in the sky, they don't put you back so you have to make your way back. Time consuming, especially when in a bigger island that takes a while to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Absolutely loving the game so far! Think I have about shrines done and I've built some epic things ... well epic in that they worked to get me through shrines lol.

Love using fuse although it reminds me exactly of the mechanics that are in Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts.

There are times where you think you're cheating the system but then realise it was likely taken into account.

Like I know for multiple shrines my solution was just lift a platform up to where I want to get to, let it drop back down, then use rewind with me on it to lift me up.

I've my ability wheel filled up now. Not a fan of having the Amiibo and map on there.

Got the last ability yesterday too. What a great addition. Will definitely save some time.

Agreed. The rewind function is way more useful than I thought. When I remember to use it.... It an Ascend just keep avoiding my train of thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

all those target ones where after a few minutes i go f this and just shoot a bomb arrow at it 😁

Quick Tip.... The islands that have a rail system between them... You can shield surf the rails,

So did everyone get a mail with free wallpaper from Nintendo for playing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Half the map unlocked have ran off from every fight so far after losing 129 arrows fighting a Hinox and getting bashed by the trees and a battle Talus.

Autosave is a killer sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Went down a chasm. Wont be going again until I get the hearts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I discovered I can also tightrope them like a complete loser.

If anything is going to make me curse in surprise, it's

Feckin hell, even the trees are attacking me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep he does. Greta little touch.

"So here I am

Doing everything I can

Holding on to what I am

Pretending I'm a superman"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I'm not far in, but it seems I can pick up and fuse nearly everything with the ultra hand, I can attach almost everything to my weapons and arrows, and now I think I've fallen into a Valheim style situation where I need to mine and smelt materials? And that's not including the cooking and all the other stuff carried forward from the first game.

I'm only an hour or two in and i fell weighed down a little by all the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Game is a monster but keep unlocking the map and you will eventually get some idea of the scale. Im 40 shrines in. Thought I was doing well then couldn't help myself googling the total number 😅

Its 152

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It gets a little better/less overwhelming.

And I dont know, but as its Nintendo you likely don't need to do 90% of it. Kind of in the same way you can just run away from nearly all baddies. In every Nintendo game ever.

I was feeling that at the very beginning too. It's daunting. I'd say Im about 15 hours or more in and it gets much better. I suggest following some of the early main quests (the one with the 4 disturbances in the different regions isn't needed), like Josha and Robbie's stuff. Helps you unlock the stuff you need and makes the travel much easier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't get too overwhelmed. Everything can be fudged with basic use of items but the shrines all act like little tutorials on some of the crazier stuff you can do with the tools and systems and will ease you in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I got the lasers, helped me defeat a Hinox with relative ease. Not seen a cannon yet though!

Advertisement