Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Was at the Paris gig. Bruce and E Street absolutely knocked it out of the park. The La Defense Arena is some venue. Sound quality for this was probably the best I've heard of any of Bruce's shows. Probably helps that it is an indoor venue. Top class stuff. One for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Yeah. I'm happy enough with my decision of Dublin x 3 and Hamburg if this remains the case. If he does start mixing it up (and I doubt it at this stage) I might consider one more.

So would I but not a chance of it unfortunately. The production of the show is too clearly nailed down to start messing around at this stage. He may drop in 2 or 3 different tunes every once in a while but 95% will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did they make use of the darkness for lighting earlier in the show ?

Its a real flaw of his Irish shows that its bright for two thirds of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

And even when it got dark, they put the floodlights on in the RDS which was a disaster.

Thats Bruce, he does it in every show. I've no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What was the lighting like in Barcelona , they started there at 9pm so I'd expect it was much better.

No comparison yeah. Taken at 9.08pm Google tells me so probably No Surrender. 2nd song.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

In relation to the Paris La Defense gig, I thought it in the darkened arena, made excellent use of the lighting and made for better atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Swings and roundabouts guys. If Sundays gig had gone on any later the rain would have dampened the atmosphere anyway. As it was they were great shows and we also have the added plus of not needing to buy pit tickets like many of the European gigs. We knew what we had to do to get into the pit and those that wanted it most got their place in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mimosa8

Is it true pit is allocated at time of purchase for the rest of the European tour? Anyone know if there is any location in July he plays where it is GA on ticket and then pit can be queued for? It was amazing seeing him and the band close up in Dublin!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've a ticket for Villa Park, "Front Field Standing" which looking at the plan on Ticketmaster is about the front third - similar to the pit at the RDS, but at a massive premium

Dublin was the only city of the tour with GA and a queue. You have to pay everywhere else for the pit. Some of them even have pit 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pit tickets in Barcelona were pretty much the same price as general admission tickets in the RDS. this seems to be the case for a lot of the European shows. I must say I like the idea of pit tickets... I like knowing I'm not gonna be stuck beside someone screaming about rockshore etc over I'll see you in my dreams. I suppose there are pros and cons to it.

The Barcelona gigs kicked off just as it was getting dark. Made for a great atmosphere. I think Bruce likes the floodlights on for the encore, because it's simply epic to watch 50,000 or so people going nuts and enjoying themselves. It a pretty epic spectacle for us punters too.

Why do you feel Bruce is sticking to a pretty much standard set these days?... Seems to becoming more and more common among touring acts. People like Dylan and Bruce used to mix it up on a dime night after night. I guess at their age now they can't be expected to rehearse 100+ songs for a tour. Maybe memorizing them all is becoming a challenge too.

I must say I think the set is pretty great, and I seem to be in the minority in really enjoying Kitty's Back. I don't get the storytelling aspect as a whole, I mean there are songs there where it's clear to see a naritive and then there is others which just seem random. It's funny how a setlist we all would have probably gone nuts over at one time can become stagnant for some people when repeated over and over. What message are bands sending out, don't come to multiple shows?! Or is it yeah I'll play hits that hardcore fans are sick of, because there are first timers here that'll loose their minds if I don't play them?! For me I'd gladly see that same show again! It's a pretty epic setlist. The one omission for me might be the E Street Shuffle, I think Bruce generally struggles with the vocals on that one from what I've seen.

He hasn't toured with the ESB in 6 years - 2nd longest break ever apart from when they broke up - so maybe hes just playing it safe and getting the chops back up in 2023 before they loosen up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The gigs are cracking. All Dublin shows were 9/10 for me. Had he played the setlist on night 3 we're looking at the best show he's done here in 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Night 3 on the Magic Tour in the RDS in 2008, will take a lot to top for me.

Racing in the Street, Atlantic City, Gypsy Biker and an epic 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) for Danny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yeah. Night three of Magic in the RDS is the one for me too. Rosalita and Ramrod in the encore. Glorious.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Yes, was huge! But the setlist he planned blows even that out of the water.

The 3 best shows i've seen him play (outside of 2008 night 3) were 2003, 2012 night 2 and Thomand Park with that incredible pre show. In the queue last week when we overheard the soundcheck we thought we were in for something v special. A true pisser he chicken out.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Who let Chris Rea in the house? Or was one of the bunch of UK artists living in Ireland tax free at the time?

Great memories though.

No idea but he supported Queen a few weeks later in Slane so was defo in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

Still often wonder why Status Quo, INXS or The Alarm didn't appear on the bill at Slane with Queen. They were on the bill in the UK a few days later.

Would have made for a far better line up and possibly, gig

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

He was one of those artists like David Gray that everyone in Ireland "took to their heart" when he couldn't get arrested anywhere else. Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I'm going next week in Amsterdam 😊, got this email from Mojo (the venue company).

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TICKET

Mobile Only Tickets are tickets that are linked to your Ticketmaster account...

Printed tickets or screenshots of tickets do not give you access to the event...

Only tickets with the special animation that can be seen in the Ticketmaster app or website will give you access to the event.

Does anyone who has been to other concerts on this tour know is this for real?

I can't even download the ticketmaster international app.

I much prefer printing my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yep, there's a little blue bar that goes back and forth when the QR code is active, you might be able to contact Ticketmaster and get your tickets changed to physical ones you collect.

Thanks.

That contradicts the Ticketmaster website though (attached)

I'll get onto them and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

They haven’t updated for website for new ticketing method

• Advertisement

There's a huge amount of fans coming from the UK (including me) who can't even download the app until we get to Amsterdam.

Just unnecessary complications, what's the point? What's wrong with a printed ticket?

Good luck to them trying to stop me getting in!

Advertisement