Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DGW37 Transfer Thread

• 15-05-2023 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Possibly looking at Martinelli>Fernandes but not 100% sure on it. Will need to take a -4 for it too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Southampton had everything to play at the weekend, at home, against Fulham, who had nothing to play for, and lost. Extra Liverpool assets might be a great option in GW38 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think the outcome of city's game with Madrid is crucial - if they lose - all bit city players are worth having, if they win, they might go all out to win the league at Home v Chelsea and then start resting players.

Depending on results, top 4 could be locked up by GW38, so then it's really just relegation teams - likes of Leicester players - Barns/Maddison might be worth having.

You look at Liverpool and the players out of contract or leaving - and wonder will Klopp be sentimental - Milner and Bobby spring to mind as leaving in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The plan was to bring in TAA this week for Tripp but now I have a Rashford and Martinelli fires to put out

I'll wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I might take a punt on Garnacho

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Will be a few real dilemmas this week.

All these have DGWs:

3 x City

3 x United

3 x Brighton

But these have a SGW at home and something to play for:

3 x Newcastle

2 x Liverpool

Will see how the CL semi final and Thursday's game goes first before figuring out what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Rashford's fitness will decide a lot this week I think.

Bruno owners are one step ahead of others as they have Man Utd cover in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Is martial worth considering? Debating doing Salah to Fernandes but Salah is showing good form even with a single game week.

Have 8 with DGW, Salah, TAA and Isak - will see how CL goes and take from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

For as long as Martial is at United or playing in the PL, he's a trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Martinelli to Grealish/Gundo or maybe Rashford if he's going to be fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

No, as said above, he's a trap. He was poor at weekend and is poor in general. His goal was a tap in, 2nd goal since Christmas. And he's 2nd most transferred in forward this GW.

Chillwell to TAA for free.

Or Martinelli to Bruno for -4.

First option is a sensible one but finding it hard to ignore Bruno and those fixtures, with the double gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ivan Toney 8 month ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

really should be based on the season / like x league games - given he’s now injured, and then it’s summer, he’s got off lightly as have Brentford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Zinchenko flagged so using my free transfer to replace him with Shaw. Only have 0.2mill in the bank so could be priced out of the move if one goes up and the other drops in price as they are predicted to do soon. Leaves me with 4 on a potential double game week and probably will use my bench boost hoping Rashford stays fit to play.

2 FT so...

Trippier and Jota out.

Trent and Callum Wilson in.

Right so - I’m wondering do I sell KDB - he looked fairly tired when he came off - will he played both games? I could do

kdB to like gundog or foden

martinelli to Bruno or Rashford

got burnt having KDB last few games,

currently have 8 DGW players, bringing in a 9th would mean benching Isak, and playing salah and TAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Alverez worth a bash I wonder

I reckon he'll see a fair bit of gametime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

There was a picture put up on twitter by @Rover_FPL. Wilson, Longstaff and and unused substitutes from the Leeds match weren't pictured in training. Someone replied to the tweet that Wilson was fine.

Post edited by claw on

Martinelli>Mahrez is tempting now. Doesn't require a hit too. Pity City's fixtures aren't a little bit better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Decent chance that city will have the title won before they play on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which City asset will play the most in EPL games out of Grealish/Gundo/Mahrez? Gundogan seems most nailed on to me followed by Grealish but maybe we've missed his purple patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I was thinking Mahrez since he only played a few mins last night and as such, probably won't start the CL final

• Advertisement

Also thinking Mahrez. Pep roulette is hard enough but this is just going to be pure luck if you get the right DGW player to play twice. I'm on Grealish now and may go sideways to a Mahrez and Wilson/Isak to Alvarez. And as mad as it may sound, Haaland to Kane (Brentford & Leeds) was going through my mind earlier also. Need to make up 30 points in ML so have to go a bit right field as we all have 8/9 of the same players. I have a Dalot fire to put out also in middle of this, can'r see him starting either game. 2FT's is all.

Pep Guardiola: “We just focus on Chelsea because we have to try to close it as soon as possible to prepare for [Manchester] United and Inter Milan” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭chases0102

What about Foden, in many ways the forgotten man of Pep's midfield!

Is it bad to take hits this week?

I'm thinking maybe Grealish -> Bruno & Watkins -> Ferguson for a -4?

I don't think Grealish starts 2 games in the DGW, but Bruno will. I already own Foden. I would think I would be gaining 1 start anyways. Man City's second game might actually be a poor game to own Man City players for, but we never know with Pep.

Post edited by Fitz* on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s obviously a big risk to take hits with only 2 GWs to fund them and rotation a risk for most players. That doesn’t make it impossible though and it’s also at the point of the season where some people need to take risks.

I'm looking at a -4 anyway, I am chasing in ML's and 230k OR so any dreams off top 100k all but dead. A hit will hopefully bringing in a likes of a Bruno or Shaw who have a DGW and confident of 2 starts. For me it will be an upside vs owning Dalot who I have.

The 2 GWs is a good point. Essentially I have to ensure that whoever is transferred in is going to start in both GWs. And whoever is transferred out might not. Or at least is not going to score more than the transfer in. Gw38 can be very messy, especially for defenders.

I'm leading one ML alright, but chasing 1 more. About 15 points off of the top. So I kind of need to take a risk but it has to be the correct risk as there is no coming back from it. Any move I make this week can be blocked in 38.

I'd be confident in each of Shaw & Bruno both starting both games. Rashford probably too. Both Man Utd & Rashford in the past have proven that he will play even if he is carrying an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Predicting City's midfield seems harder than ever now. You'd imagine none of Mahrez, Gundog, Foden, Grealish, Silva would play 2 games in he DGW, certainly not 3 of the remaining 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭thefa

I’m looking to get rid of Grealish for a -4 too and weighing up Fernandes & Greenwood in (Fernandes and Trippier to start) or Mahrez & Alvarez (both to start). Second seems riskier and sideways but potential for extra fixture over Fernandes route.

Fernandes should gain the one over Grealish over the remaining three games alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Watkins has poor fixtures and is out of form. I’m thinking Watkins to Alvarez.

Madness to get rid of Mitoma ahead of another double?

I'm thinking of benching him, because of his form and I don't think he will start both now. We've seen some big players rotated by RDZ lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

15 points between 1st and 3rd in my work money league picking Isak over Wilson caused me to drop to 3rd but luckily the guy who was 1st didn't have a great week! Really need a big one now this weekend. Have a few doubts but Mart and March are only confirmed that wont play. Only have the one transfer and also thinking of bringing in Alvarez for Watkins. Not sure yet if I should play Olise or sell Mart and bring in another midfielder for a minus 4 and really go for it! The options are thin at that price in midfield.

Mahrez is an option but that would mean id be on Mahrez Haaland and Alvarez for the double and who knows what Pep is gonna do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 fts, am thinking Martinelli to Bruno and Watkins to Alvarez to fund it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I was planning on doing Alisson to DDG for free which gives me potentially 9xDGW and Isak/Wilson.

This is one of those weeks I dred Pep Roulette as my team looks pretty decent on paper, but they probably all won't play each game.

DDG - 2 games unless he gets injured

Stones - hasn't played the last 2 PL games. Maybe being kept for the CL?

Estupinan - might not play both matches as 4 games in 2 weeks is a pretty tight turnaround. Might be subbed off/subbed in.

Dalot - Unsure if he'll play both matches. Don't know what's happening with him at all.

Gross - see Estupinan.

Rashford - I'd be worried about form/fitness, doubt he'll play the full 180

Mac - Subbed on the last game, should get both games under his belt, barring injury.

Grealish - Can't see him getting 180. Might bring in Gundog for him.

EBH - never not going to play and captain him this week. Other people can take risks.

Wilson -SGW, I expect both him and Isak to play as a win cements CL place.

Isak - see above

Bench: Raya, Salah, Konaté, Trippier.

Biggest worry I think is Stones/Dalot and Grealish. I don't like transferring out DGW players, but it might be necessary this week.

Have a huge benching dilemma now. Martinelli, Rashford, Wilson, Isak, MacAllistar. Need to bench one. Ideally I'd like to bring someone in for Martinelli, like Bruno or Mahrez. I'm actually tempted to bench MacAllistar from all of those. Main rival doesn't have him and I'm 8pts clear (he does have TC left though). Isak would be my next option to bench, but main rival has him, and maybe he's more likely to start than Wilson? No idea what to do.

Sensible move I think. Would you be starting Alvarez? I'm surprised about how much gametimes he's been getting lately, that went completely over my head.

I'm not entirely convinced on him or any City option tbh but it seems the best move to free up funds for Bruno. I'd start him but it would probably be instead of Isak which could be dangerous against Leicester.

Martinelli confirmed out of the last 3 games by Arteta.

Ya can’t be benching Salah whatever you do - probably the most in form player atm - think he has 3 double digit hauls in last 3 games - I’d be benching Isak

Agree 100%. Gundo will likely be rested for one of the games, no point bringing him in. Bench Grealish or Gross, play Salah. Save the transfer and have 2 for the final GW.

Rashford is now a doubt for the weekend due to illness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement