Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biss question

• 15-05-2023 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭

What does “ref area ha” actually represent?

for the below parcel the “ref area ha” was was 3.32 same as the claimed area ha. I seemed to have a spare 0.1 entitlement and there seems to be extra eligibility there so I chnaged that up to 3.42.

below look ok? Don’t want to end up holding up payments of something so small but equally hate losing 0.1 for nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Imho it means that, fadó fadó, the ref area original estimation of that plot size was 3.32, which is what the entitlements were based in. This has since been reviewed and increased to 3.59, but you are still only claiming 3.32, but are now choosing to increase to 3.42.

That's just my understanding, I'm no expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭nhg

When we submitted our application at the Dept of Ag clinic the Dept guy changed everything to match up to Eligible Ha, as he said you now get payment for every bit of ground, we now have more Eligible Ha than entitlements but entitlements are only for BISS now. Think it’s more to do with CRISS and Eco etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

That makes sense and is pretty obvious. I had been wondering why my ECO had been equal to my BISS when I understood you could claim ECO on scrub.

I have a small bit of ash forest self planted 20 years. No forest payments receipted on it or BPS.

Not on my maps ever. Can I add that now for payment under ECO? Or is ECO not payable on forest?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

We have forestry (alder) included on the application but it's classified as 'pre-2015 forestry' and is not included for ECO or CRISS. I think you could plant ground after 2015 and still activate entitlements on it but I don't think you can get ECO or CRISS on it.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement

Yes. Drawing them on it since it was planted in 2008.

We drew no premium on this parcel. It’s less and acre and was self planted scrub. Filled with Ash that’s dying slowly and briars 😟.

might be worth a call to then to check.

If it's not officially forestry and was never included in BPS, then it'd definitely worth a call to the Dept. If you don't get a straight answer (or get an answer you don't like!), you could always just include it and let them tell you later if it's not eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I've a question myself. I've scrub excluded from plots, and it's marked as 100% reduced.

Where does the 50% rule come in?

As in can if there was 2 ha of scrub excluded at a 100% reduction. Can I now buy an entitlement and claim on 50% ie 1 ha of that area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭k mac

Can you check on agfood to see if your BISS application was submitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

You can , go into BISS then view correspondence then view application, your application should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Has anyone in a farm partnership had problems with no data available on there application

Advertisement