Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

She wanted to have her (communion) cake and eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

The mammy is an idiot. It seems they want certain parts and not others - dressing her in a communion dress was stupid of the mammy - very stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't get it, kid didn't get communion, wants to dress up in c.dress for a pic, when the whole point of the dress is of religious significance.

The mammy and the kid need some cop-on.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Let me get this straight, I don't believe what you believe and don't want kid to parttake. Now she is giving out about not being allowed partake in an thing she opted not to partake in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

This mother hasn't a notion...

what she should've said is "you didn't make your communion, so no, we won't be getting you a communion dress for the photos"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

Aulwan complaining her non-Catholic daughter that she wanted to keep off school for the day wanted to partake in an event set up for those that did make their Communion.

It's like religious appropriation...

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

'segregation'

The narrative continues momentum!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The far right in Ireland are really disappointing when you actually see them.

The way they're talked up you'd expect a bunch of ultra organised jack bolt wearing fascists goose stepping down to every hotel housing asylum seekers. Instead it's the National Party and few heads from around whatever part of their inner city that happen to be hanging around at the time.

As bogeymen go they're not really all that great a threat.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

The only one who excluded anyone or segregated anyone is the ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The fcukin horseshit that school principals have to put up with these days is mad.

Parents like this woman will waste about a week of the Principals work time each year.

• This wan needs to have the humiliation of her knicker elastic snapping as she walks down the street after leaving little Jessica off at school

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Must see if I can borrow an army dress uniform and stand in at an officers passing out ceremony! I didn't partake in any of the training but why can't I be photographed?!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

someone better come on here and rip this eejit apart

Yes the opt out students should've gotten their photo taken but putting her in a communion dress, Jesus H fcuking Chirst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Obviously an oversight ffs

That famous 'it's not inclusive'

Many, many, manythings in life are exclusive for a reason.

Smoothbrained idiots

This wan sounds like a major piece of work.

We're the photos prepaid?

I can't imagine it was for a malicious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭calculator

The dress thing is beyond weird. They should have just taken a photo tho ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"It's not inclusive"

You CHOSE for your child to be EXCLUDED.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Who thinks the kids believe a bit of the whole shebang anymore, the party, money and bouncy castle are all that matter. Vast majority of them will never darken the door of a church as teenagers or adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Teacher: the rational was, the child didnt make her communion, so she didn't get a picture.

Seems like undeniable logic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Schools take photos of the class in their uniforms at another time of the year. This photo was for the communion group. This woman is an idiot - a complete fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I get the feeling that the answer to this woman's problem is dawning on her as she speaks.

If not, I'd suggest she look up the meaning of opt-out in a dictionary or thesaurus and ensure she hasn't confused it with the meaning of a-la carte.

If this woman's child is upset, it's the woman's own fault, nobody elses.

Sourcing her a communion dress takes hypocrisy to a new level altogether.

• Then the daughter would have begged to do the communion and Mummy would not have liked dat at all at all. My non-religious cousin’s son insisted on doing his full communion and becoming an RC.

Its like asking for your child to be in the school football team photo but your child isnt on the team!

• Advertisement

• What’s wrong with all de bad lines today?

Advertisement