Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle angle/seatpost adj help

Options
  • 16-05-2023 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi. I need to adjust the saddle angle on seatpot trying to put on one of the bikes, but I am having difficulty doing so.

Per the manual I simply need to loosen the bolt in the pic and then adjust. However it does not budge at all.

Anyone have similar clamp and know the 'trick' here? Do I just need to force it? Not keen on that option tbh

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Ging and I

I don't know this seat post but it looks to me like you might need two Allen keys used simultaneously to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Ging and I

Simultaneous posts 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I can open it fine (only one Allen key needed or even possible to use on it) just can’t tilt the saddle.

van Nicholas titanium seatpost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

if there are splines on the contacting face of the bracket it might just be stuck slightly. Can you gently pull the bracket out from both sides at the same time and rotate

I tried that earlier and no budge. They might be stuck though, as seatpost was in storage in attic for about 18 months. Currently have some WD40 trying to do some magic on it, hopefully that works.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You just need a bigger hammer 😁

Should be as you assume though just loosen off and tilt, just check you don't have to loosen off both sides. I know you said it's only the one side but no harm taking the bolt out altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

Based on this pic it looks a simple enough clamp. The inward pressure of the saddle rails may be holding it in. Be careful if they are carbon obviously but it does look like you just need to get enough separation to allow it rotate. Splines on clamp and post most likely

Simple enough in the end, like myself. WD40 loosened all up but had to take the saddle off to get the splines to disengage from the post. And use knife to wedge them out initially.

having a lot of seatpost issues these days…

Advertisement