Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

Picked up a model y RWD last week. Sounds like I spent longer than average ~45min looking it over and found a scuff on the front bumper around the dummy fog light insert. Slight misalignment on the boot also. All logged on the app with the help of delivery team. Does anyone who took delivery recently have experience of the wait time for issues to be resolved by the service department? No real contact from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

I used a checklist that someone posted here a few pages back, found it very handy. Issues - ppf bubbling, paint scuff, slight boot alignment. They seem to be main ones I’ve heard of, and had them myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Check the PPF.

mother then that it’s the same inspection of any new car. Condition, paint, gaps, accessories etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mcalgur

Thanks for suggestions - also anyone have any look going a bit before the appointment time? I’ve a wedding to go to

Yes a few. Many posts about it. Within reason they will accommodate you but I don’t think they will let you skip others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Wish they could give some indication if the next EDD batch (19th May - 3rd June) was somewhat accurate or not. MYLR with a VIN ordered from inventory (still have a MYLR ordered in February on my account, no VIN).

Eddy seems to think it might or might not be accurate.

I'm really stuck - I have a good offer which will expire in a few days on my existing car from a garage, which I need to sell and get paid for before paying off the Tesla. No second car, so cannot be off-road for an undefined amount of time while Tesla are pushing back dates 😔

Looked at renting a car, but even if just renting until the end of the EDD (3rd June), could cost €800+.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

For what it's worth, I've spoken to a couple of different people and asked the same question in passing while clarifying some other points. Eddy was the least committal, Matthew reckoned it was on schedule and the guy in the Sandyford office reckoned it'd be closer to the start of June. So, somewhere in between that mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

I sold my car recently for a good price and picked up a cheap runaround which shouldn't take long to sell when the Tesla arrives...I paid 1650e for a car with tax and a long NCT so even if I lose a couple hundred it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

only you can decide..but if you have a good offer on your car maybe you should take it You have sized cost of rental so every day before then reduces and your best indication from Tesla is you will receive well before then . Other than looking for certainty seems like a simple decision..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Take your offer and consider buying a banger like this to keep you going. Sell it on or even trade to Tesla when your new car arrives. https://www.donedeal.ie/view/34092567

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

I am on board with all the "buy a banger" suggestions for the meantime - has anyone experience of insuring a banger? Apologies if this is an uninformed question - I usually pay insurance upfront for the year. If I pay by DD monthly, can I just cancel the DD after the first month?

I was presuming that insuring any temporary banger would be the biggest hurdle due to cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Shouldn’t be an issue as long as it’s not too ancient and has some NCT on it. Keep your existing policy and transfer it to the banger. Downgrade your insurance cover to third party and enjoy telling the neighbours you’ve fallen on hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jakeredwood

Just to update, Daniel from Tesla got on to me today by text and offered various slots this week and next week, took one for next week and he confirmed with an email and what is left to pay, so it looks like the saga is ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

I'm considering a Model 3 RWD more or less basic spec or even from inventory. Only issue is I can only take delivery in the first week of July. Is there any way to achieve this while still getting the full grant? For example if I place the order in mid June? Or will they end up not giving me the full grant anyway?

you will not get agreement from Tesla for postponement to a JULY delivery. Quarter end is sacred for Tesla with no inventory carried over to following quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

So just got off a quick call with Sales teams in Sandyford. It looks like the revenue is not resolved for everyone they are trying to deal with it one by one basis at the moment. The impacted order as it stands are M3 RWD, M3LR, M3P, MYRWD and MYP. If someone wants a quicker delivery they can opt for MY LR. Also the vehicles are still in transit , they haven't arrived in Ireland yet because they want to first resolve the issue then bring the cars over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Law of averages states that for every person arriving early there's another who will be late so I'd say you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

By MYLR being a 'quicker delivery', does that mean they're transporting them separately?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The prices on the MYRWD haven't changed for a while and there's been a good few collections recently.

• Advertisement

I would question whether resolution of the issue with Revenue would impact deliveries of vehicles to Ireland. Likelihood they have made their way to Zeebrugge from Shanghai and leaving them there serves little purpose. They are All RHD so even if this was true the only other market is UK which is flush with inventory so its not possible/efficient to divert. Not doubting what may have been mentioned by the Tesla sales but I would need convincing that this is a reason for cars not yet arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I was told cars were here since April. Mine is sitting in at collection point. The revenue issue is not sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

Hi David I picked mine up today M3LR. Should be no issue with the revenue now.

if you order in mid June, Tesla most likely won’t be applying for the grant before the cut off so you’ll loose the €5k grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

Myself and my wife went into Cupra last Saturday because she wanted to change her car. Picked one in the exact spec she wanted and collected it 5 days later.

This Tesla process has literally taking years off me.

I'm extremely strongly considering just buying a Born too and cancelling the Tesla 😂 .... then there's the whole Project Highland, meaning I'll have an old model in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

That was almost my route - and at times I have regretted it, but less so now that delivery is ALMOST here (I hope!).

Went to see/drive a BORN at Spirit and was told they would have one for me within 2 weeks. I nearly signed, but didn't.

And despite all the faff with Tesla, I'm not sorry I didn't go ahead. I really liked the BORN, but feel the TESLA will be a whole new/different experience...... should it ever arrive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Great to hear. How was your pick up? Any issues on inspection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Here's some efficiency figures for those awaiting delivery...

Trip A, is total since delivery.

Since Charge is today's totals, a mixture of all sorts of roads and speeds. Used 34% battery, from 83% down to 49%.

Current drive was a 41km trip from Clane to Glasnevin, again at all different speeds and road types.

So much more efficient than my previous ID3.

• Advertisement

Small tip.

On the trips screen, hold your finger on the “Trip A” text and rename it to “from delivery”’or “purchase day”’or “do not delete”

Just make sit easier to read and keep track of.

I have that and then I rename trip b monthly to that month to record mileage, average consumption and kWh used.

Advertisement