Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

These were posted earlier in the thread. No mention of battery coolant change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

It right there in your 2nd photo.

Coolant low conductivity replace every 60K or 3 years.

The Ioniq 5 has 2 separate coolant systems. The regular pink coolant tank & the low-k blue coolant tank which is only for battery cooling. Both will be visible in the frunk area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

No,

I didn't do anymore about this, tbh its not that big of a deal, I'm gonna to wait till the car needs to go into the garage for a service and enquire then.

I copied that picture. So 3 year service it’s required. That’s a big one!

Id say not many people know about that.

I would take that €1000 quote with a big pinch of salt until someone gets a definitive price.

From other forums, a UK owner was quoted €500 and in Aus its about the same. I will enquire during the week to get a few quotes from Irish dealers.

Post edited by denismc on

• Advertisement

Hopefully (for owners) it’s cheaper. But for comparison, the bmw F10 gearbox is a “sealed” unit but realistically it needs an oil change at about 100k miles. The oil and service kit alone is near €400 and costs about €600 to get done.

Might be something similar.

So I rang one dealer and they quoted €610 for the 60k service, so not €1000 but still pretty steep.

It would be worth it to ring around on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

@Gumbo

Said I'd include you on this as you'd enjoy it. In our you discussions you praised the Tesla after sale and said I'd take your word for it as no experience of it.

I can tell you of my recent experience with Hyundai. I suffered the dreaded ICCU failure on my Ioniq 5. Just going by the forums etc. I could tell them what it was but took em two days to diagnose it after hauling it away on a flatbed lorry.

Now have to give my 2 day AA rental back. Have been told by the service centre and dealer I bought it off the have no loaner cars and I'm on a list (but can't say when I'd get a car). Hyundai Ireland Corporate office also useless as they say they are just a distribution centre and up to the dealers to allocate courtesy cars but they will ring and have a chat (came to nothing).

On the plus side I was reassured that the waiting time for the ICCU module is no longer 4-6 months but could not give me a time frame.

So next week I'll be either driving my brothers backup commercial van or car my mum used to drive before she passed away.

Not what you'd expect 14 months later when paying 55k for a car.

Fault I don't have too much issue with I partially expected something like this in a first release of a car.

But after service is shocking so Tesla have an advantage there.

Wow that’s disgraceful. In fairness, dealing with Tesla pre sale is a nuisance. The after sales is like butter. But, I’m lucky maybe, I’ve only needed them once in the 14 months of M3 ownership. But I did deal with them in my older Model S’s.

I hope you get sorted soon and the wait times are worst case scenario.

Wow, 4-6 months! That's terrible, would insurance not cover you for a backup car?

• Advertisement

It used to be 4 to 6 months a lot less now but not sure how long "a lot less" is.

I don't think insurance will cover as is a warranty issue and not crash/damage.

Also sure the insurance will argue the dealers should be providing the car.

But keep an eye on terms and conditions of warranty I checked it in hindsight and dose state even with warranty fix courtesy car is discretionary.

If it’s any consolation, I had to wait for an O2 sensor from Joe Duffy BMW from December 2022 until March of 2023.

No issue really with the fault it's par for the course with a new model. I broke my own rule of not buying a new model until at least two years in the field.

Issue is lack of car replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

In this day and age do you really need to be avoiding new models?

Have a look at the JD Power ratings for new models and see what you think

Update on ICCU fault.

No availability of parts in Ireland or Europe so will have to be built and shipped from Korea. They said it was two parts so that points to the ICCU module and the Fuse which needs replacing.

Still no replacement car dealer said they have none available from their side and also service centre has no visibility of when they'll have a free car. I would think the car will be off the road for 5/6 weeks minimum.

Hyundai Ireland and Europe customer care are useless, they just keep saying the service centre/Dealer will update you with any progress.

But they'll still be getting my daily email replies 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any option to have Hyundai buy the car back off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

Not a good situation there but are they not legally obliged to sort out a replacement vehicle?,a car dealer with no cars???or a hire car or whatever.I,d be losing the plot in your position.Is a rejection of your vehicle even an option?. Anyway best of luck 👍.

I’d park another car across the main entrance with some banners. They’ll react quite quickly then.

Nope if you look at he terms and conditions of the Hyundai warranty policy it states replacement car is up to dealer discretion. I pointed out to Hyundai Ireland Europe that the dealer is advertising a fairly substantial stock of 2nd hand cars.

They suggested a hire car alright but I'd have to pay for it myself 😂.

• Advertisement

If the dealer was close to me I would but unfortunately the dealer I bought it from is in Sligo (only car available at the time of buying) thats a couple of hours from me.

I gave the dealer and service centre dealer that option no response from them yet.

Also suggested Hyundai Ireland/Europe that option and those useless crowd said that can only be done by the dealers and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Sh*t! Ours wouldn't charge a couple of days ago - kept going to 'delayed charging' status. Into the garage it went and they are checking for the issue, but i believe they mentioned a charging control unit (located below the rear seat). They have yet to ring me back with confirmation. 13months old, 22k km.

I was using V2L and hear a pop, are you getting any warning messages? I've heard of some issues with the charging port so it could be that. Mines 16 months old with 45k km.

Did they give you a replacement car?

Got the 'check electric vehicle system' warning but that went and I was recommended to drive the car to the dealership. No popping sound, but the charge terminated sometime during sleep hours after receiving about 25% charge only.

Haven't sought a replacement car yet, from dealership nor from AA, as I am awaiting the report on the car and how long it will be in for (surviving on the 2nd car for now). Dealership has mentioned they wont leave me high and dry, but we will see how that works out when I engage with them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Bit of advice, I know the dealership your talking about, hard-nosed bunch in there, won't do anything unless they have to.

Give Sligo radio a shout and ask if you can have a chat with one of their team on air about the shocking treatment by a Sligo car dealership. Have your facts, dates/timelines written out and see where that brings you. I bet you will get a speedy resolution.

Interesting you said that I've just said the same to Hyundai Ireland and also give me the contact of who actually has a say in what the dealers do.

Also don't want to go fully nuclear yet as giving them the option to buy it back off me would like to hear their offer first.

Post edited by podge1979 on

Ok I had similar warning, were you also limited to about 30kph when driving? My 12 volt battery was dead when recovery came as the ICCU controls the power going to top up the 12 volt battery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Hope you get sorted and if they play rough, mention your next port of call is Sligo radio and the local newspaper as well. Might help tip their hand to sort you out.

• Advertisement

OK, we are starting to differ now in the telltale signs. Mine terminated an overnight charge after 25% input following a 400km round trip completed that day that included 120kmh speeds. Next day after AA called out and confirmed that the 12V battery was full I drove it to the dealership at speeds up to 80kmh. So it will be interesting when I hear the final conclusion from the dealership service dept. Cause seems to be the same, but result is a little different.

What would be the expected offer range on a manufacturer buying a faulty car back? Will you go Hyundai again if they do buyback?

Advertisement