Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kd88

Has anyone ever had any experience of Department of Rural and Community Development. Just got and email stating this is where I am being placed??

any allowance held for over a year is reckonable for promotion.

see circular 08/2019 revised arrangements for starting pay on promotion

any allowance held for more than 12 months is reckonable to determine starting pay on promotion

see circular 08/2019 revised arrangements for starting pay on promotion

circular 08/2019 revised arrangements for starting pay on promotion states anyone receiving an allowances which the shift premium is will start on that point plus one on promotion.

working overtime is not an allowance and cannot be compared in this instance

no one should be without basic pay for 6 months. There is a delay with pay going from CO to EO but everyone still received their basic pay .Raise a compliant through NSSO and your pay will be sorted fairly quickly. They hate having complaints as it affect their stats. ,, ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Missy95

Has anyone been allocated to social welfare? I’ve been allocated to them as EO and I’m wondering if flexi time and remote work is available? I still don’t know the location. I was transferred there after being provisionally allocated to another department.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 summersun23

Don't know but you could give the local hr contact a ring and get an indication. Hopefully you get a nice convenient location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

No, Six months to be upgraded from CO to EO pay. I assumed you were asking that. Otherwise its instantaneous, and you get next weeks payslip at the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

@innocent_lover

Circular 08/19 as you are over 12 months it says

An officer who holds an allowance in the nature of pay at the time of promotion to a higher grade, including an allowance deriving from service as a Private Secretary, will enter the scale for the higher post at the more favourable of the following: 

(i) Normal starting pay rules based on the officer's existing pay, exclusive of the  allowance; or 

(ii) Where the allowance has been held for at least one year, the officer's existing  pay plus the allowance

//

It's taken into account unless you are being promoted to EO with allowance from what I can tel. Query it with your LHR or NSSO to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

From working in social welfare. You could be waiting up to 9 months before you can get blended working. Flexi is available but only if you are in the office if your at home you don't get flexi

• Advertisement

Thank you. In that case I won’t be able to take the job. I need blended for personal reasons. I was originally allocated to another department that had remote working but they changed me. I’m not keen on the working conditions in social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Unlike most allowances, Shift premiums are not taken into account for reckonable pay in a lot of civil service departments. The local HR unit will make the call on it. NSSO will simply follow their instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@Missy95 I wouldn't dismiss it just based on what people have said here. I know Social Protection is busy so it is likely you would be in the office a lot, but there are many different Social Protection offices around the country and they might all have individual policies. You'd be best trying to contact HR at their head office to get a better indication of what your situation might be and it would also give you the opportunity to say you would need blended working and you might have a clearer picture of things once you speak to them. While this forum is great and the people here might be right, a job is too valuable to give up if you're only going by what people have said here and not talking to HR in Social Protection themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

I agree. It's the biggest department. There will be so many teams/offices etc. I don't know how flexible they are in accommodating new starters but ask before you turn it down.

Can I ask you what was your experience of working in social welfare? Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I joined DSP two years ago from public service. Had worked in revenue as tco in my student days. Got EO within 9 months after encouragement from excellent HEO. Had gone on the mobility list early on, but dont think ill need it now. I wfh 4 days and have little contact with customers. The dept has the biggest number of staff, so promotion is easier. Mine was via two interviews, no tests. Staff are given plenty of opportunity to train and upskill. Should be an internal HEO comp due this year. So no complaints from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Winter132

Hi, has anyone from open stream from batch 9 been placed into clearance yet?

That’s great to hear. Thanks. I was told DSP only allows one day WFH. I’d love WFH and preferably no contact with public!

Good idea. Thanks. I’ll contact their HR and see can they accommodate blended.

Thanks. Hopefully they might be flexible with people on probation.

• Advertisement

Anyone working in Social Welfare head office in Store Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Hi,

I currently work as an EO in the Public sector, and I recently received a start date for the civil service.

Does my current public sector payscale transfer across to my new role with the Civil service?

Thanks

Hi yeah, it's their head office. Do you know what section you will be in? Hr Is there along with illness benefit and some policy sections...

Hi yeah, it's their head office. Do you know what section you will be in? Hr Is there along with illness benefit and some policy sections...

Yes. Illness benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Did anyone do their interview today? I'm mine next week just trying to get a gauge on what was asked.

Yep so thats the section that you will have to wait until there 9 months to get blended. It's a crazy section but fun!!!

What day is your interview next week? Mine is Friday

Thanks. I’d appreciate so more information. So in illness benefit you’ve to wait 9 months for blended? Crazy in what way?

• Advertisement

PAS told me I’d get blended when I was allocated but then DSP HR told me it’s 9 months before I’ll be considered for blended.

Advertisement