Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People giving you a lift and when they drop you off they beep the horn twice when pulling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The face I get every single am when they start hoovering on the stairs(that they know I have to come down as I'm already on my way when they start) and then the kitchen(where they know I get breakfast started from) and I "get in their way"

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In addition my former neighbours used to have a regular visitor who having said goodbye at the door (‘presumably’ they don’t walk out in dead silence) proceed to get into their car every time and double / treble honk as they drive off. This is usually just post midnight, the car is on the road, obscured by the tall hedge…elderly people both sides yet this ginormous goon, whoever they are, friend or family… with his little extra needy bastard goodbyes….. you’ve said everything from ‘see you later’, ‘thanks for being a friend, would you like to borrow a pineapple ? ’, ‘I hope your mother gets over her bowl infection’…. and whatever else… in the four plus hours you’ve been there….. so what’s the point in a built up residential area of going all honkey horn ? post midnight ? What does it achieve ? Aside from annoying people ? It’s a TA for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Granby do a spreadable white pudding but I understand the word spreadable is not on the packaging.

There's three types of Granby white pudding in Dunnes but I don't know which is the spreadable one so I don't buy any of them.

No clue on their social media pages or website.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

Thanks. The problem is that none of their videos show the actual packaging for the spreadable version. I have left a comment on another one of their videos but no response yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I would exclude the white country one as it's described as being coarse. At least that's a start...

Yeah, it's either the one in the ring shape or else the one in the tray packaged with cling film. Once I know for sure, I'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why are energy drinks such a scumbag accessory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Cos they are "full time mad bast*rds".....need all the energy they can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to change my phone number on Amazon to my new number . Impossible ! Going in circles . Your OTP has been sent, but that phone no longer works so I won’t get it.

Also how much ‘they , the internet people’ know about me . I had posted on a FB page about perhaps getting a wheelchair/ rolator for about the house. On Amazon I’m getting ‘suggested for you’ . A fcuking wheelchair . And I always reject cookies.

Post edited by cj maxx on

TA is that motd was moved to bb2 for the Eurovision and so didn't record

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It should record around 7am tomorrow on bbc1, that’s where my series link jumped to. If that’s any use to you.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who write "free reign", "reign it in" etc.

It's rein. As in on a horse. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That customer services is now seemingly just an absolute joke of a premise that seems to exist only the annals of history in this country….

A particular satellite broadcaster and the first and only TV service provider I’ve had in about 16 years. Now employ people who..

• just don’t speak fluent English, not borderline, not even close. They don’t speak fluent English and it’s doubtful they would be considered to have a good working knowledge of English…. They haven’t in fact…I don’t care the fûck where your call centre is, Tallaght, Timbuktu or Tajikistan…I first off just want people who are dealing with English speaking clients, to be able to speak fluent English….difficult ? It shouldn’t be !
    • Just don’t comprehend that you are NOT calling to be sold anything, you are calling because they have promised to resolve a problem, and provide a new service weeks ago ( get back with a date and time to call ) and have failed, so I don’t want to further upgrade, add, or anything else, I want to get fixed…..and installed….as promised, as paid for..services I’ve ordered and purchased . I’ve told them three times.

But this fûcking thick wánkbag sounds like a drug addict leaning against a bus stop at 4am on a Friday night, repeatedly asking the same questions, on me pointing out that ive facilitated them with these answers “ yes I see this now “.

I’ve found that the only way to make yourself understood to these call centres is to speak slowly in a generic American accent .

My TA is I’ve forgotten what I was going to post. The great thing about having a goldfish memory is not staying upset at things for long .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ah my Amazon parcel arrived while I was at work.

Looks like it got into a scrap with The Hulk. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The big pop up ads taking over the bottom half of the screen on mobile 😠 Even when you click the X , it just minimizes it slightly grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

In Lidl on Sunday I bought the last electrical jigsaw they had in stock. I couldn't believe my luck. Of course on the very very last cut I had to make on a fence panel I was trimming to size I ended up stupidly cutting through the power cord. I was so furious with myself that I wanted to punch myself into the nose afterwards.

Also a horrific animal abuse video popped up on my Instagram feed on Friday eve and I can't get it out of my head since. Animal abusers are the lowest of the low, and should be classed on the same bracket as rapists, spouse abusers and child abusers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jesus!

To both those.

Although look on the bright side.

Now you've a cordless Jigsaw.🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..

And don't know anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the storie with all these big ads on the mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

If I say so myself I am a decent typer. I can be fairly fast and accurate

But when I’m in the office and someone is at my workstation and watching me type then I fall to pieces and get every word incorrect and forget how to spell! 😫

As soon as people leave me alone I can type quickly again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Moar public transport ranting from me, the inflexibility of a semi flexible ticket with Irish rail.. I could pull my hair out in frustration but thankfully it's too short.

Why oh why is Richie sadlier a TV pundit ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who watch the TV near full volume, same with listening to music. They can hear the TV at say 14 no problem with everyone is there but when they sit in front of the computer to watch a movie etc the whole f*cking house has to hear it and usually at 3am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I literally just came on here to post this, not realising you beat me to it.

It is even more frustrating than the whole page ads for Ukraine support that were there last week.

I'm getting ads for Curry's sound system yolks on the bottom of the page. Not even my interest or demographic 😒

I'll tag @boardsie12 here.. that's supposedly Mike /Odran's handle!

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement