Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I only remember because he also said he thinks Inter would beat City in the final if both got there. I'm an Inter fan and I'll be trying to get a ticket to the final, but I think City or Real are the better team so the chances of beating them is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Was neutral in who I wanted to win. I have a small bet on both Real Madrid and Man City to win it out. I now have an extra reason for City to do it. LOL

Found it there. Wasn’t hard to find. He’s consistent in his nonsense.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They were crap over the 2 legs. They caught napoli offguard and got battered by them but they did defend well. They beat a shite spurs teams

. They likely won't be in the CL next year as it stands and may have to rethink their keeping the family together and sell someone

and Selemaekers, the difference make, with his 9 goals and 11 assits in 4 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Officer999

Lukaku was very good when he came in last night. He’s a great option off the bench in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

He is a very good player but more a straight up midfielder than a few recent performances where he scored some good goals suggest.

He should never be the backup for Leao as some suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I think he should start the final as I don't see Dzeko being any more than a passenger against City or Madrid. Or else start Correa if they want the impact of Lukaku later in the game, should they be still in it.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I agree about starting Lukaku, he and Lautaro have been showing signs of the old partnership lately and it's the obvious starting partnership. It could also be Lukakus last match for Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Rudiger dropped Is surprising . Thought he did well against Haaland last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah would've liked to see Militao and Rudiger together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

city really dominating the 1st 15 mins

**** only 13 passes in 15 mins. what's going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Another rope a dope performance from Madrid

Think Madrid will be happy out not having a kick in the first 20, 25 minutes, so long as they keep things tight. They'll sit back till the game settles and slows down a little bit, and then start venturing out. So many teams get run over by City early on, so they'll be keen to stop that i'm sure... not dissimilar to the first half hour of the first leg really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Manchester City are so good to watch on and off the ball, everyone knows their job and not a single pass wasted.

they so good out cutting out every passing option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Rodri is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Wow some save

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Wow Courtois. Unbelievable save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wow! That's some save from Courtois.

What a save Courtois

RM are barely hanging on here

Courtois with a another stunning save

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Savage save.

Courtois is so huge in those big moments - that was like his CL final heroics last season!

Some goal in fairness

1-0, been coming. this could be an absolute beat down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well that's been coming. Only one team in it, Ederson probably needs to warm up again

Man City lead. There's no winner from this tie. Awful marking.

• Advertisement

Brilliant team goal. Can’t say they don’t deserve it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

To say it was coming would be an understatement.

Boah, just couldn't keep them out. Very good goal in fairness.

Some shape on the shot - looks for all the world like he's gonna go far side. Even in slow motion right up till he hits it you'd swear it's going across Courtois - and then he digs it in near post.

That's turned on its head now. They need to wake up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Modric hasn't put a foot right so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

City ripping them apart at their ease, completely one sided

yup, tricky one too, they really can't leave any space open or they'll get punished too. Nearly best off just sticking to the defensive game plan for now and trying to stop City get a second - they'll fancy themselves to nick one at some stage, but if they go 2 down it's hard enough to see a way back.

Could probably do with a bit of shïthousing to slow things down!

That's a crap handball call on vini jr. Takes a mad bounce hits the back of his arm because walker keeps shoving him in the back. City don't need any extra help

Reckon Vini and Benzama have barely touched the ball.

• Advertisement

As long as it remains only 1 nil Real are still in this even though there’s been only one team in it so far

Bloody hell, some pace from Walker there, looked like Vini was clean through!

Can turn in a second.

Crossbar. Keeper might have touched that one.

Madrid just starting to show a few dangerous moments now. They don't need control to be deadly, they just need a few little moments to punish ya.

what an effort from kroos

Almost 1-1 out of nowhere

• Advertisement

City lucky to be still ahead. Kroos with a strike off the crossbar. Edison was beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Madrid look better the last 5

Couldn't have looked worse I suppose

2 now

Silva

Modric and co standing still

game over. 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Loads of comments on the Soccer forum so was wondering if there was a man city forum, last comment was on May 7th, weird as if it was Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool or Utd there would be hundreds of comments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement