Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

Busy but fun. Have they told you what section you're going into? Or just illness benefit. It's hardworking. But rewarding all the same. The only way you deal with the public is over the phone or email. Not in person. Amd áras mhic Dhiarmada is the only building dsp own.Plus it can get very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer in the office. When you eventually get blended you can do up to 3 days at home and 2 in the office. Currently flexi is only available in the office. If you need any more information please ask

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Missy95

Thanks so much for this very helpful information. I appreciate it. Illness benefit maintenance. Good to know they don’t allow flexi build up for days at home. That’s a pity.

That's floor 2 the high wing. The maintenance section deal with claims once they are allowed. Its the biggest section in the office

That’s very helpful to know. Thank you. So I presume there would be hundreds of people working on the floor there?

There's about 200 on the entire floor over the 2 wings. But it never seems like that. One thing that I have just remembered is that we have a day called anchor day and that is when the entire section is in the office the same day. But not every section has the same anchor day.

• Advertisement

Ok thank you. I don’t think this job will suit my personal situation as I need blended. I’ll be looking at other job options.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

• Registered Users Posts: 21 molly1523

Anyone here get the EO that was already a CO? If so what happened to your annual leave? I carried over 15 days into this leave year on top of this years annual leave. Will the carried over 15 days all have to be used before taking up the EO? Does anyone have any experience of what happens. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 user1250

I’m in batch 9 and was emailed for clearance today 🙂.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

You can carry over. Only thing you can't carry over is TILE

Just got an email to say I’ve been allocated to the department of justice and to fill out the extra clearance forms. I requested to stay within my department I’m currently in and they requested too so obviously wasn’t meant to be! Have no knowledge of justice at all so can anyone give any insight? I currently do blended working… do justice allow blended working? And is there flexi? Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 benji27

I am in batch 9 interdepartmental, got clearance email and an email to say I am staying in justice as requested and will be offered a post soon and given a start date!

Probation in justice do blended working and some offices have flexi too

When did you get the clearance email, and how long between that and the justice offer please?

I only got the justice clearance email this afternoon

Yes, I heard immigration are very short staffed and most posts are with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭aaron5250

Does anyone know if there is going to be an external EO comp for 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimbomacers

Hi, depends where you are, I have friends in the IPO who work 4 days office 1 at home and then others 3 days in the office and 2 from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CW2022

@aaron5250 dont think so..this comp runs to June 2024 if I recall correct

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mrsec

Yes I was an CO & all my annual leave carried over so you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Any update on the kerry panel

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

People who have been called for clearance in the Open Stream in Batch 9 for Dublin, whereabouts was your order of merit after the interview?? Don't need an exact number, just a rough indication. Trying to figure out when I might be called...

Post edited by imagusaran on

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

I got called for clearance last week, 5th on the interdepartmental panel batch 9.

I’ve found out that my section in DSP only offer 2 days WFH after 9 months. Not great. I’m gonna keep looking for other jobs. Lot of other jobs offering more flexibility. If civil service offer poor flexibility on low pay, they’re really going to struggle to recruit. There has to be some benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

Hi all! Had my Interview yesterday, could I ask how long people waited to hear back? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cocs

Hi, looking back at previous batches I guess the 2nd of June after the 2 weeks of interviews are complete, doing mine soon, can you tell me how was it, how did you find it?

I only had to wait a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

It went well, Interviewers were very friendly, they spent some time at the start going through my application form and asking questions about my jobs before going into the competencies. They also asked a lot of questions based on my competency examples. They'll interrupt you a lot so be prepared for that too. At the end they asked some stuff about civil service core values, so try to incorporate some of those and the civil service renewal plan into your answers too ;)

Advertisement