Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

2 things annoy me , one is the ads on Boards the 2nd is I bought chocolate raisins instead if chocolate peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's a whole dedicated thread about it in the Announcements section of Help & Feedback.

Today's TA: Wanting to take myself somewhere nice and sunny for lunch but not having the money.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh lovely 😡, I have to clean some disgusting idiot's chewing gum off the sole of my shoe. 🤢.

Took myself, my dog and my lunch to the park and a) the sun went in and b) she snuck a great big lick of my sambo before I'd even taken a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There was a starling’s nest with a few newly hatched chicks under the eaves of the top floor of the house here.

The kids were enjoying seeing the little beaks pop up when the parents would return with food. Magpies have taken up residence in the trees on the road. I saw one go for the starlings a couple of times yesterday but the parents got rid of it.

Guess they weren’t quick enough. Saw one of the starlings bringing something back to the nest this morning but no beaks came out. I’ve disliked magpies since I saw one eating a baby chick in the park years ago. Dislike them even more now.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My annoyance for the day is IT

The whole idea of IT is to make your life easier however lately we are being forced to do things titswise as the IT systems cannot deal with the normal way of doing it. The amount of "work arounds" we currently have to deal with are ridiculous

Edit: Magpies are cool. If I am reincarnated I want to be a magpie. They take no crap from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just on the animal abuse footage, I find it ironic that the only person I have seen regularly share anything like that on instagram is a self-confessed vegan. But she is also anti-vax etc. and demeans herself on OF (from the comfort of her parent's house- I swear I haven't seen her 'work'). So she doesn't really have a moral high ground to pontificate others.

My TA, got lambasted today for walking through the coin-operated barrier of the local recycling centre rather than driving through it. It was a complete brainfart on my part, and genuinely unintentional, as I had used my spare €2 the day before paying for parking and only remembered when I got near the centre. However, it'd be far worse if I just dumped my recycling for someone else to look after, and surely its counter-intuitive to promote recycling and clean living but ONLY for those who drive to the centre, when its located in walking distance of town anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Feck off bloody HUGE ad for Currys at the bottom of the page on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

TA. That's just given me a longing for a spicy, hot takeaway... but I know I shouldn't ... 🤨...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tooth pain

Hate going to the dentist (and paying a whack for it) but pain is so frustrating I have to bite the bullet and go

I now understand why people can get addicted too Nuerofen etc. Definitely helped my pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Unexpected letters with 'Strictly Private and Confidential' on them.(It was a positive one but still)🤨

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

They give me the willies when one comes through the door :(

Today's TA is that my ongoing metatarsal pain may possibly be caused by osteomyelitis. I have to go to the doc tomorrow afternoon for an assessment on it. It could possibly mean strong IV antibiotics 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got a beard and haircut today, and when yer man started on my beard i noticed that his hands smelled really unpleasant. Couldn't pinpoint the exact smell, but a nauseating poisonous smell. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to do the lottery on the border . I drive to Co Monaghan to do the Irish lottery and I get the ' invalid ' location , when I'm in my house in Fermanagh I get a message from the uk lottery saying ' it looks like you're outside the UK ' and I'm on uk wifi . I'm going to sue if I happen to win !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When people pronounce "our" as "or".

To thine own self be true

Or people who say "he's" when they mean "his".

They're even worser...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

The ads. I mean seriously wtf. Too much of a pain in the arse to be bothered with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

They're dreadful! Big intrusive pop up ads clogging up the bottom of the page.

People who merge onto motorways at 80kmh. And more often than not they merge straight into the middle lane and sit there for the duration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Not to repeat what everybody else is saying but these goddamn fooking ads are making the site unusable. Every sixty seconds another one opens. It's not even possible to post a comment without them opening and moving the whole screen around.

I genuinely love this site and this is a very sad way to see it go.

Id love to know what in my cookies makes them think I'd be interested in buying plasma cutting tables. I genuinely hope they fix this before there's another mass exodus of users.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Add (no pun intended) to the fact ,when trying to type a comment you're bouncing around all over the place.

It's been well over a week now. They obviously don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Letter comes through this morning confirming services, installation schedule, pricing etc…..

but contradictory to what was ordered and agreed on the phone…. Services ordered…. incorrect, agreed pricing….. incorrect…….I’ve never had to endure such an incompetent shîtshow when dealing with an established business…..

in the main because they will not hire fluent English speakers…. Going to have to go elsewhere…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Enoch Burke thread still closed? It was closed until the judgement was made (today).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Children, 14/15/16 year olds it look like in some sort of international education or sports camp at the university, all sitting down taking a break on a pathway, in the middle of it 😏… blocking the lane from the gym to the shops…. Fine, kids will be kids, but you have 12 adults or however many, supervising…”yep kids, we are going to take a break here, at the start of a laneway 👀 where you get to sit down block access and egress for people on a busy Friday evening from getting to the shops, gym, home, buses, etc…because you / we are more important “ someone behind me… “just kick them” one of the teachers / chaperones throws me a look…. Thinking it was my utterance but still doesn’t ask any of her charges to move…. Seeing the inconvenience… I just walk at them, they move great, they don’t 🤷‍♂️….a lovely park 3 minutes away, acres of space….have your sit down there !

why is basic common sense and courtesy in such situations so difficult to attain these days.. 😬 people making increasingly stupid and inconveniencing decisions.

This is both a TA and a TH: Heineken Cup Final day!!!

TA: nerves

TH: Being there! And not having to get up at 3am for a flight like we have every other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Place an emergency order for some ink that's not very available and certainly not locally, in the 24 hours between finding the product and placing the order the price rises by almost 8e.

I bite down on that given its so hard to get here, they message back saying they need more info on the card, uk phone no, I asked for an Irish one, they give me the uk one with 353 01 ahead of it, that's not connecting.

Cancelled the order and they are soooooooooooooo sorry to see me go and ask a million q's about why!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A mature person I work with calls me in shock as they have failed the repeats of their computer planning exam(nope, no idea what that it) they were so shocked they kept repeating that they failed the material from the very start of the course and did well on the material they liked. They found the material at the start hard and didn't revise it at all and is now genuinely shocked they failed.

Ta that ppl are so arrogant to just assume an exam will give them questions they can do(if exams was like that I would have such a different life) more annoying is that I said continuously that as the exam is on all topics to have all the topics off by heart as there is no time to think in the exam format.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is it just me or does that new Dacia ad have strong Maddie McCann energy?

Totally increased the odds of me buying a car made from the Renault obsolete parts bin though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

These people on Help Me Buy a Home, a couple in their mid 30s with 2 kids and they want to buy a home after a few years in the States. Then when they are asked what their budget is they say "A million" as if thats totally normal for their age. Wtf??? A million and both in their 30s. I have a great job with no debts and id never get even a fraction of that budget.

The people they choose for these shows are not typical of the ordinary man and woman who are trying to buy a house. They are simply showing off to the world "Look at us and our first world problems..i cant get a property and an investment property at the same time..."..Its arrogance and self-obsession at its worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement