Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Plenty of the red stuff flowing in the Moxley vs Omega 'fight'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A screw-driver job? :P

Omega getting his leg caught when they went through the cage looked pretty awful, hope there's no damage done.

So we're getting confirmation of the new show next week and I for one welcome seeing Miro back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Rosa going to be kept separate from Britt as well since they apparently don't like each other? Is this new show going to have its own titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

They kinda gave the vibe that if this is the new show it's basically all the disgruntled folks, that is a recipe for disaster surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yup when the egos are bigger than the company it's never a good thing, late stage WCW bullshit....but then Tony thought that was awesome so who knows....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Miro back after Mrs. Miro was at Backlash, pure coincidence

Mox will run out of blood soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Julia Hart is a star!!!!!

Really hope Christian destroys Wardlow and becomes TNT Champion!!

Christian really is a master on the stick!!!!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

I've said before but Tony needs to learn how to keep the brands separate. Like why were 2 RoH champions fighting each other on AEW? Not that it was a bad match but surely advertising it for RoH would be more beneficial for Tony if he wants people to sign up and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man I thought this was a terrific terrific show

I popped big time to see Miro back and that Christian Cage promo, chef's kiss

Post edited by Headshot on

Meant to say, was Julia knocked silly at one point during her match. A couple of pins on her seemed to be successful since she didn't seem to get the shoulder up but the ref claimed she did. Think she may have moved her arm at most but a lot less than a fully lucid wrestler would've done. Seemed to be the same time she hurt her hip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah definitely. Heard the ref tell her deep breaths when Anna was buying her time stacking the chairs in the ring.

This making me laugh what the hell is this lol

You edit the post and actually shows what i wrote

Ah, I was wondering what "Marc Ancient Mimicry" was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was wondering what that was about! I haven't watched Dynamite yet but that made no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah, it's that weird new-Boards bug that pops up every so often - happened during the world cup as well. For some reason only effects certain threads.

It's when you say something that includes the name of a deleted user. So i'm guessing there was a user named C*ristian C*ge (actually think i remember them) who deleted their account, which randomises any further mentions of their name (but seemingly only on some threads). It's a dumb error, since obviously lots of deleted names may well end up being words or phrases said in normal conversation.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wade Keller is reporting the TV deal will $240m a year for 5 years which is $1.2b

That will give them $4.6m a week to make 5 hours of TV with 4 of them being live.

The current 4 year deal was worth $175m which was $43.75m a year or $840k a week for 3 hours of TV with a few special Battle of the belts episodes.

Big day for AEW one way or anaother.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

New show collision officially announced starting on the 17th of June.

Lot of wrestling media looking a bit daft. No deal announced at the Upfronts even though a lot were saying it's coming today. Just goes to show again that the wrestling journalists don't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to the wider entertainment industry. So it's hard to take any figures seriously at this stage as there's been so many different numbers and what it entails. Was hoping at the very least for shows going on Max though.

Collision has a gorgeous retro logo, looks like they're suggesting that champions will appear on both. They also mentioned Andrade will be on Collision and some are saying that talent is expecting a harder brand split than was initially reported.

That is one awesome looking retro logo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

So that's everyone that can tolerate Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

More like Thunder based on the press release https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/tnt-launches-a-second-night-of-wrestling-with-aew-collision

they really need someone better writing these thing for them, they are giving out mad C show vibes with copy like this

TNT LAUNCHES A SECOND NIGHT OF WRESTLING WITH “AEW: COLLISION” FEATURING HEADLINERS THUNDER ROSA, MIRO, SAMOA JOE, POWERHOUSE HOBBS AND ANDRADE EL IDOLO ON SATURDAY, JUNE 17

should just call it the leftover show, featuring special guest star Samoa Joe….

EDIT: AEW presents AFTERTHOUGHTS has a nicer ring to it based on that press release.

Again I ask why is Joe there when he should be used to promote RoH. Well I know he's obviously there to lure people in.

Also in case there was ever any doubt, the release was edited to take out Punk's name, presumably so they can do it in a more exciting way than a press release. That might answer the question of why Joe is there too. Actually wouldn't surprise me if since there is a brand split they basically use ROH as the defacto world title for Collision if the champion isn't willing to go to the Punk show.

From Dirt Sheet Radio

'Lots of reports that CM Punk had a falling out with AEW recently and might not be returning, over the fact that the company hired back Ace Steel but AEW’s legal department doesn’t want him coming to the areas in person and only working remotely and other reports calling that news false and that Punk is still slated to be the main star of new “Collision” show starting on 6/17.

At this point, the debut its exactly one month away and I’m willing to wait and see what happens'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He couldn’t even make it back in air before his meltdown this time 😂

”For those who have asked what happened that CM Punk was not announced for AEW Collision today, the rumor making the rounds is that Punk and AEW are again at odds currently, now over the status of the return of Ace Steel. In asking around, there appears to be something to that situation.

The belief among those we've spoken with is that Steel was expected to return in conjunction with Punk next month, working behind the scenes. 

However, the story making the way around AEW backstage today at Dynamite is that a decision was made that Steel would not be working backstage at the actual Collision tapings. 

As you might imagine, that left Punk and AEW on opposite sides of the discussion, which in turn led to Punk being removed from all promotional material released for the AEW Collision series today. 

One person believed MJF replaced Punk in the promotional graphic for the series, but we haven't been able to confirm that with multiple sources.

We do know that Impact Wrestling sources noted today they had interest in bringing Ace Steel in for a tryout and when the invitation was passed on several weeks ago, their belief was that meant he was AEW or WWE-bound. So the timing fits in that a return was on the table for Steel.

Time will tell if the two sides can work things out in advance of the 6/17 premiere of the series, but Warner Bros. Discovery issued a statement to ComicBook.com today stating Punk was "not affiliated" with Collision.  

As of this afternoon, based on what we are hearing, that would be correct.  

Whether anything changes remains to be seen. 

There are a few weeks until the Collision debut, so stay tuned.”

Punk going off on Instagram (including a shot seemingly at the EVPs)

…picking fights with Alverez too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Punk is some douche-nozzle😂

Be gold if the crowd turned on Punk when/if he returns

Obv no way the Chicago crowd will

It's very hard to see how Steel would be even welcomed back after biting Omega

God this circus around Punk is just more trouble then it's worth, it will all end in tears. TK just **** let him go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Agreed, he's just not worth the aggro. They had a whole new show lined up around him and he throws a tantrum because his nobody friend isn't going to be backstage to massage his fragile ego and tell him what a great lad he is. Cut ties and be done with him.

Advertisement