Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But it was other way around. It was William who allegedly got the money. And it is still only alleged by Harry's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

I posted the article from CNN and the Washington post. I posted re William and Murdoch.

Do you want the voice note recording of Jeremy Clarkson and Camilla’s meeting before his disgusting article at Christmas? Or do you want the video footage or William leaving Rose Hanbury’s house? Probably wouldn’t even be enough for this thread, it’d be made out to be ‘Harry & Meghan are behind this, it’s their fault this happened’ nonsense. Online hate campaigns have consequences. Dan Wootton leading the charge against Meghan should have no one near it - he is a disgusting human being after the Caroline Flack episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Not according to this guy: John Miller, the NYPD's former deputy commissioner of intelligence and counterterrorism

https://twitter.com/Anna__with_an_A/status/1658910450430427136?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unless any of those people work for CBS, the Washington Post, or the NYPD, then their accounts (the NYPD, CBS, Washington Post etc) of what happened have no reason to be disbelieved, and their versions of events did not align with what Harry and Meghan are paying their spokeswoman to put out there, that it was 'near catastrophic'

Only in your head are people saying they weren't being followed by paparazzi. Of course they were. It was however safe and ultimately benign according to multiple sources including law enforcement officials. Yet you've gone on about bicycles/mopeds jumping the curb of the sidewalk etc in previous posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

When you're a cynic about these two then the below comes to mind. And note this is speculation/guesswork so spare me the hater/murdoch angle shite.

1. Meghan is getting another award. Not a big time one but an award nonetheless.

2. She does the dial a pap (BackGrid) and gives the details. Where, when etc. Celebs actually do this. They also might be going to dinner after she gets her award. Just follow the convoy.

3. The paps follow them. One of the SUVs, not in on the idea paps are collaborating with Meghan, does its job and squares off with the pap vehicle(s) causing traffic chaos.

4. The Sussexes decide that they are being followed/harrassed and make a decision to exploit their pap call and record this CHASE because they are thirsty for content.

5. During this they switch to a taxi because of this ordeal, the narrative becomes they were worried about paps knowing their destination and the optics of the VIPs in a humble cab reserved for plebs makes for a good contrast. Backgrid get pics of this. The driver brings them a block or two.

6. The following day Meghan is ridiculed as The Queen of Peoples Hertz. No mainstream news covers her award to her chagrin.

7. Meghan decides to use their CHASE content early so as to deflect. Harry thinks it will help his court case or else get his dad to think his life is at risk overseas.

8. They get flying monkey Scobie to make a dramatic statement about a two hour chase which was nearly catastrophic.

9. Mainstream media latch onto the Diana/Pap/Chase angle and cover the story. Meghans award is mentioned in passing as part of the coverage. It was even on RTE 9 o'clock news.

10. Harry, with a case about to be thrown out, swallows his pride and goes with this being the closest he felt to what Mummy must have gone through. It is quite difficult to get up to 65mph in New York traffic but he hopes the pulling at the heart strings might serve as a hail mary pass in salvaging getting paid for security but, surmising that is a lost cause, with his life at such risk it might get his family to finally make contact and his dad to stump up the money for his son who was born into the risk. See Scobie tweeting that none of the senior royals have commented on The Chase.

11. Everyone involved (paps, mayor, cops, taxi driver) call bullshit on their attention seeking dramatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Yes apologies you’re correct. William got the money and the endless good press, with Murdoch pulling the William affair stories from his platforms. Harry and Meghan got the sh** press and a dehumanising hate campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

LOL. I spit my coffee. For you it doesn't matter who did what. You can twist it any way it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Carole be honest. It doesn’t matter what evidence you are shown of the many mistakes that H&M have made and continue to make, you will continue to move the goalposts and deflect and employ whataboutery in order to support your agenda of them being the biggest victims who have ever walked….

You are in a large, strong, well crash-protected vehicle with blacked out windows and you determine that you and your clients are being pursued by smaller, less protected vehicles. Paps looking for photos.

Do you:

a) Drive to a secure location (hotel, car park, police station) and request assistance

b) Pull over, lock the doors and request police assistance

c) Contact the police and request assistance

d) Drive aimlessly around for a while, then find a smaller, less protected vehicle, transfer your clients to it; see them get photgraphed through the non blacked out windows, drive aimlessly for ten minutes then return to the larger vehicle and drive aimlessly a bit longer.

Since option D was picked then no wonder Harry went to court if that is the best kind of security you have on offer overseas.

• Advertisement

I don't understand why the paparazzi/newspapers fall for Meghan's tricks every time though. To stop all her efforts, all they have to do is stop publishing photos of her. Then the paps won't bother (even if requested to photo her) because no newspaper will buy them. Simple. Then Meghan would avoid upsetting you all.

PS - I like your little dig - ''not a bigtime one''. What are the bigtime awards - the Nobel Peace Prize?😂

Not big time enough to warrant any proper coverage though. How many awards is it now I wonder?

Of course they are not the biggest victims who have ever walked - but they are, like 100s of other people, victims of the vicious British press. Fair play to Harry (and Elton and others) for taking them on.

Reading some of the latest comments reminds me of something Graham Norton said when asked about Brexit in the early days on Late Late Show and whether they would go through this. He said that when the British people decide something, they never back down, even if it was to self-harm and the example he gave was that if they said they would eat their leg, even though they would know that it was bad for them, they would still eat off their leg.'' British people will never back down, forgive and forget Harry & Meghan. They are incapable of doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I do believe something definitely happened with paparazzi but I think the language and description the Sussexs use is their usual inflammatory, shock jock style.

In a few weeks, they'll dial it down a notch, á la "we never used the word racist" climb down.

To thine own self be true

Interesting twitter feed from reporter from Vanity Fair that says a pic of them /their kids would put the photographer's kids through 4 years of college and thats why they are so reckless. She also says that there is huge demand in the UK. She counted 100 articles in Daily Mail one month about Meghan who hadn't been seen all month!

You haven't answered what 'Big Time Award' is?

Searching 'Meghan Markle Award" Google has 153,000 results (0.37 seconds) 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

So this must mean season 2 of that Harry and Megan Look at us. Look at us! LOOK AT US!! documentary series on Netflix has started filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

Long time since checking in on this thread......hilarious comments......bat sh1t crazy posts.......love it all.

My 2 cents....why oh why would they turn up to accept an award walking through a car rental office? Like literally its Z list stuff. Thats before adding in the car chase non drama, drama. I worked in Manhatten for 7 years, lived on the Upper East side for 2 years, no way on earth was there a 2 hour car chase, fake news, did not happen. More like 15 mins, in traffic, lol. As soon as I saw the headline I thought that the court case must be nearing decision time. The smell of desperation is strong.

I'm sure Netflix would be interested since they did so well out of the last one.

Full report here from The Guardian. It explains how it came about that they got a yellow taxi. They left the awards ceremony in an SUV.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/17/prince-harry-and-meghan-in-near-catastrophic-car-chase-with-paparazzi

• Advertisement

If you can tell me whatever field it is that Meghan currently operates in then I might be able to. Since she was formerly an actress then does Oscar, Emmy, SAG and Golden Globe suffice? Big time they are.

Humanitarian, feminist. Similar area to what Michael D. Higgins/Mary Robinson operates in.

It was a theatre. In true NY fashion, here today gone tomororrow. Venues pop up everywhere. Now it has a Hertz car rental space apparently at one of the entrances. Pity they didnt roll out a carpet for the guests

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Worldwide Privacy Tour: the fast and the furious NYC edition. The south park writers really won't have to put in too much work, thanks to this couples histrionics, the episodes pretty much write themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not sure if this has been shown already..

Mary Robinson: barrister, Reid Prof of Law at Trinity, senator for 20 years, elected first woman president of Ireland, High Commissioner of Human Rights for the UN. Broke glass ceilings for women everywhere.

Meghan Markke: actress, married a Prince.

Not even the same stratosphere. Ever. Hang your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I absolutely thibk tabloid press is gutter scum in how they get their stories, make no doubt.

But I also think the Sussexs offer their 'truths' through a very dramatic/exaggerated lens.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Have been out for the evening so only catching up on this aspect of the story now- my god it’s refreshing to see so many posters thinking similar I did when reading the accounts of the “chase”- I.e smells like total bullsh1t- sorry but there’s a serious Diana thing going on here with Meaghan and has been for some time in all sorts of ways- the photos (black & white photo of her in the black polo neck ) - creepy-the jewellery and other smaller incidents- she’s signed to a high end PR company in the last few months and this is the best they can do? Invent a paparazzi chase that never existed?

The two need psychological help - I really do pity his brother at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Was it called the “forgetmenot” award???? 😛🤪🤪🤪

Advertisement