Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jokic is just putting on an exhibition now and Davis is actually having a good game. I really hope Denver win the championship this year, such a solid team.

Lakers creeping back in but might be too much going into 4th

Spurs getting #1 is funny, best place for him but conspiracy theorists wil have their opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah Jokic making a mockery of the MVP award tonight. 31 points, 19 rebounds and 12 assists for a less than three quarters triple double.

AD has 31 points, if not for him this would be over.

Lakers not going away, as much as I hate them, it’s impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Couple of circus threes don’t go either side of the 4th quarter commencement and it would have been tighter down the stretch, but Lakers D got beat today.

Ham will have to learn quickly from this in terms of what 5 to go with on Thursday.

Down to 3, wtf is going on here…lol

• Advertisement

Yeah, Jokic has been poor in the fourth. Murray in foul trouble. Caldwell-Pope not being given the ball enough, he's playing really well.

Furious effort in the 4th from the Lakers. Denver just about survive and absolutely key for the series that they did, you’d think. 2 - 0 for them going back to Staples now.

That was good, Lakers are really playing to the best of their ability, got to give them credit and LeBron is trying to play it smart, he has been good, trusting the role players and letting AD do his thing.

But also, Denver looked so dominant at times so if that was Lakers best shot, hopefully it’s over quick…lol

Jokic only scored free throws in the 4th, so Lakers likely to start game two with that look at the end and Rui on him. Denver will counter that by pulling Gordon out of the paint to shift Davis you’d think, but maybe the Lakers make Gordon beat them?

If Denver hadn’t fallen over the line there you’d be asking questions about Jokic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,684 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazers jump to third! I'll take that.

I think you have to either trade the pick or trade Dame, drafting Miller or Scoot while keeping Dame is trying to go in two directions at once.

There's a lot of value in the pick, especially packaged with Simons. Mikal Bridges is the talked about target but with the #3 I'd be trying to get Claxton from the Nets alongside Bridges.

There's also a chance that a team with a real All-Star decides to blow it up or re-tool and then I think the pick gets packaged with as many assets as it takes (hypothetically Embiid)

If no trade opportunities arise that could get Portland into a Top 4-ish seed then I think they need to face reality and trade Dame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bulls got 11th pick which they already traded to Orlando for Vuc so no 1st round draft for us, another shitshow of a season. I've read rumours of them making big moves this summer to focus around Zach as the offensive threat. They do need to make big changes but I honestly can't call who would be best to get rid of, Zach, Vuc and/or Demar.

Bulls have the Blazers 2024 FRP, in order for the Blazers to trade future picks this off-season they need to regain control of that one. Blazers also have the 23rd pick in this draft (from the Knicks) and all talk of Portland trade first involves sending #23 to Chicago to get back control of our own picks.

The last 2 Rookies to make an All-Defensive Team are Duncan and Robinson...there's a real chance San Antonio go 3 for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wemby isn't great defensively I thought? Needs a lot of work on that end?

I still think his size just makes up for a lot of those flaws, maybe it's reductive but I just think he's so big and long that even without perfect awareness/positioning he'll be getting touches on everything. I wouldn't be making any sort of All-Defensive prediction had he landed anywhere other than SAS though.

Harden has declined his option and goes into free agency

It's mad that it was only the lottery and the whole thing was about where Wemby was going.

"How does it feel to be going to San Antonio?" and the draft is a month away lol

Houston may as well dump the dollars into Trinity Bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Rumours the Trailblazers front office are open to trading no.3 pick here are two possible trades, do these trades move the needle? They still need a decent centre to compete in the west I think, two UFA big men available are maybe Naz Reid or Mason Plumlee...

Blazers get: Bradley Beal, Corey Kispert

Wizards get: Anfernee Simons, Jusuf Nurkic, No. 3 pick

Possible starting line up: Lillard, , Beal,Sharpe, Grant, Reid/Plumlee

Blazers get: DeMar DeRozan, Alex Caruso

Bulls get: Anfernee Simons, Jusuf Nurkic, No. 3 pick

Possible line up: Lillard, Caruso, Derozan, Grant, Reid/Plumlee

• Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No one better touch Caruso!!

I know it's only started but I love Rob Williams, three offensive rebounds already. He's making a huge difference as a starter.

Smart playing very well and Tatum getting to the rim anytime he wants

For Miami Lowry having a nice game off the bench

Bubble 2.0 😳

I'm still not ready to sleep. I don't know what happened. Did Tatum get injured or something? Like why wasn't he getting the ball more? Only five shots in the second half. Smart went down the tunnel at one stage too. Then Brown gets his arm hurt and bleeding and he's going to the basket then turning around looking for somebody instead of shooting. Besides all that our defense was in tatters.

We lost our first game against the Sixers, it puts you in a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gives us Heat fans some hope. Still fancy Celtics to come good but can't ask for better start

Only saw highlights but to steal a phrase from Bill Simmons, The Zombie Heat are at it again, it’s crazy how they have managed to keep on being so successful. Still early days in the series and you would think The Celtics will figure it out but man they make hard work of it

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Do Bulls have any other choice?

Who’d take Zach and his contract?

Advertisement