Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really enjoying Wunderhorse. Think they're playing Glastonbury next month too, so may try to catch them there before ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Kildare_Kev

Hope you're right! Just booked the tent for 2 deal with tent, blow up mattress and sleeping bags. Now all I have to do is lug the cans down and we'll be sorted 😁

Seen them in Galway in November, some craic

One of the best gigs I've been to in a good while, in terms of energy and getting the crowd going. There was a good circle pit going as well if that's your thing 😉

Can't seem to delete the comment, my reply above was regarding The Scratch ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Was listening to The Scratch again this morning. Fast becoming one of my absolute must sees! Hoping they're on around 7/8pm in a tent, could really kick start the evening.

Yeah put them on the Friday earlyish evening to kick things off properly. I've been debating getting an early entry pass this year. Anyone get one last year? Would there be much going on? Are there many areas open like salty dog at EP on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

My list of acts to see is growing every day, can foresee a lot of clashes!!

We are also thinking of the early entry passes so would also be interested to know if there's much going on the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I personally wouldn't bother. Not much going on (from what i was told last year) and now the traffic issues seem to have been sorted you can just breeze in on Friday and park up. We got down around Friday lunchtime last year and there was plenty of room in the campsite.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

I had the same experience last year, with no traffic issues. There may be issues this year with the increased capacity was my thinking. The comfort of the campervan area as opposed to a tent makes the extra night sound more appealing. Will make the decision closer to the time, doubt those early entry passes will sell out too quickly.

Just had a look back through the Thursday night updates on the Boards 2022 ATN WhatsApp group (yes, I'm still there despite the repeated stock spamming)...from the videos it looked like good craic with DJ's at the bandstand at least, decent enough crowd. Some bars open too.

The only thing I would worry about going down on the Thursday is giving myself a hangover on the Friday as would like to be fresh when the festival officially begins.. sure we'll make a decision closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

We found early entry pass last year was a life saver. We were able to get in find a decent spot get set up and then spend Friday morning people watching. I know its terrible and karma is getting me big time this year but was good fun watching everyone struggle knowing I was sat back having a can for breakfast and relaxing!! There was a good bit on Thursday evening to keep us entertained could see lights and hear music from the DJ's tbh was too lazy to go and watch but enjoyed it from the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I went down the Thursday last year with a mate before our bigger crew arrived the Friday. The Thursday itself was tame enough and fairly quiet, djs playing on the bandstand and possibly the stage beside the Guinness tent? Good tunes in fairness and there were people up dancing having a great time but we were sensible and just had 2 or 3 cans and an early night. Personally thought it was worthwhile waking up early on the Friday, having a shower, breakfast and a can or two before anyone arrived. Also had the pick of where you want to camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Saw them in a venue not much bigger than my living room, crowd of about 50-60 and they still managed to get a circle going haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Expressway tickets went on sale this week. The 11am bus from Custom House Quay sold out pretty quick last year so best not to leave it too long if you're planning on getting down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Gillman1998

What is Bus Eireann thinking? They are not running buses on Thursday evening nor on Monday morning. Whatever about the Thursday, what are people supposed to do on Monday morning, even if they get the bus there on Friday. Crackpot system of operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Fair enough about the Thursday but there are return buses Monday morning? 10:15 and 12:15 (although it's usually just show up at some stage in that window and they'll let buses off as they fill)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Black Country, New Road live album is pretty damn incredible!

It's hugely brave to release all new music - the first without integral founding member Isaac Wood - by way of live album, and it pays off massively!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

BASS CAMP.....

hi all, never been to ATN ...is this comparable to Pink Moon at EP? better security, chance of a bit of kip, etc etc

i see that they say " close to showers" and not dedicated showers, i never actually public camped at EP but the shower arrangement in pink moon was good for me, i need a shower to revive the head as much as the body, how are the showers at ATN, clean? massive queues?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭RINO87

I've only ever stayed in general camping/campervans at ATN but always found the showers great. Q's can be big enough in the morning, but there are plenty of showers so the lines moves fairly quick. Water was always hot. In the past they have had an afternoon session open too and that was always the one to go for. Zero q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

so there are set times then? you could shower anytime at pink moon, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bass Camp, sounds live some DnB revival, would be nice if there was a resident Jungle DJ to wake ye's up in the morning haha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

It is, unfortunately, nothing like Pink Moon - at ATN the closest you'll get to Pink Moon standard of facilities is by staying in one of the pricey 'glamping' options.

if you are staying in the boutique campsite then you can shower at any time. As far as Bass Camp goes they are a new crowd only in this year and they look to be situated beside the family campsite which is the other side of the arena to the boutique campsite looking at the site maps posted earlier in the thread, so dont know anything about their shower situation

I found the boutique campsite at ATN to be similar enough to Pink Moon. The only thing its missing is maybe a bar within the campsite but the VIP bar was right outside it in the main arena and you had access there with your wristband. They had a few stalls selling tea/ coffee and food. Phone charging facilities. Plenty of showers, the pamper parlour and plenty of toilets serviced regularly so I wouldn't say its nothing like Pink Moon - I haven't been to Pink Moon/EP since 2018 so it may have changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Sorry, I should have said "boutique"instead of glamping in my post, I stayed in boutique in ATN last year and agree with what you said about the facilities there (really good), but it's waaaay more expensive than Pink Moon at EP, and there's nothing like Pink Moon at ATN in terms of price for what you get. The boutique site at ATN is what you expect from Podpads, Silk Road, etc. who run it, very similar to the boutique/glamping sites at EP, ATN or Body & Soul etc., but undeniably pricey.

We're assuming Bass Camp will be just like Tangerine Fields was previously. Great the first year (no queue, beside boutique, well spaced out). They had a disaster year two with crowd management, but was still ok as it was separate from main camping/beside boutique and well spaced (but facilities were probably better in the general campsite). Last year they were just a cordoned off section of general camping, so no benefit bar having a reserved spot and your tent put up for you.

If you like your creature comforts, Boutique is definitely the way...but it is pricey as others have said.

• Advertisement

Yeah boutique is pricey for sure but unfortunately I have spoiled my self for the past few years with it and could not go back to gen pop camping 🤣

Advertisement