Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW37 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭chases0102

What about Foden, in many ways the forgotten man of Pep's midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it bad to take hits this week?

I'm thinking maybe Grealish -> Bruno & Watkins -> Ferguson for a -4?

I don't think Grealish starts 2 games in the DGW, but Bruno will. I already own Foden. I would think I would be gaining 1 start anyways. Man City's second game might actually be a poor game to own Man City players for, but we never know with Pep.

Post edited by Fitz* on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,130 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s obviously a big risk to take hits with only 2 GWs to fund them and rotation a risk for most players. That doesn’t make it impossible though and it’s also at the point of the season where some people need to take risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm looking at a -4 anyway, I am chasing in ML's and 230k OR so any dreams off top 100k all but dead. A hit will hopefully bringing in a likes of a Bruno or Shaw who have a DGW and confident of 2 starts. For me it will be an upside vs owning Dalot who I have.

The 2 GWs is a good point. Essentially I have to ensure that whoever is transferred in is going to start in both GWs. And whoever is transferred out might not. Or at least is not going to score more than the transfer in. Gw38 can be very messy, especially for defenders.

I'm leading one ML alright, but chasing 1 more. About 15 points off of the top. So I kind of need to take a risk but it has to be the correct risk as there is no coming back from it. Any move I make this week can be blocked in 38.

I'd be confident in each of Shaw & Bruno both starting both games. Rashford probably too. Both Man Utd & Rashford in the past have proven that he will play even if he is carrying an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Predicting City's midfield seems harder than ever now. You'd imagine none of Mahrez, Gundog, Foden, Grealish, Silva would play 2 games in he DGW, certainly not 3 of the remaining 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭thefa

I’m looking to get rid of Grealish for a -4 too and weighing up Fernandes & Greenwood in (Fernandes and Trippier to start) or Mahrez & Alvarez (both to start). Second seems riskier and sideways but potential for extra fixture over Fernandes route.

Fernandes should gain the one over Grealish over the remaining three games alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Watkins has poor fixtures and is out of form. I’m thinking Watkins to Alvarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Madness to get rid of Mitoma ahead of another double?

I'm thinking of benching him, because of his form and I don't think he will start both now. We've seen some big players rotated by RDZ lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

15 points between 1st and 3rd in my work money league picking Isak over Wilson caused me to drop to 3rd but luckily the guy who was 1st didn't have a great week! Really need a big one now this weekend. Have a few doubts but Mart and March are only confirmed that wont play. Only have the one transfer and also thinking of bringing in Alvarez for Watkins. Not sure yet if I should play Olise or sell Mart and bring in another midfielder for a minus 4 and really go for it! The options are thin at that price in midfield.

Mahrez is an option but that would mean id be on Mahrez Haaland and Alvarez for the double and who knows what Pep is gonna do!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 fts, am thinking Martinelli to Bruno and Watkins to Alvarez to fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I was planning on doing Alisson to DDG for free which gives me potentially 9xDGW and Isak/Wilson.

This is one of those weeks I dred Pep Roulette as my team looks pretty decent on paper, but they probably all won't play each game.

DDG - 2 games unless he gets injured

Stones - hasn't played the last 2 PL games. Maybe being kept for the CL?

Estupinan - might not play both matches as 4 games in 2 weeks is a pretty tight turnaround. Might be subbed off/subbed in.

Dalot - Unsure if he'll play both matches. Don't know what's happening with him at all.

Gross - see Estupinan.

Rashford - I'd be worried about form/fitness, doubt he'll play the full 180

Mac - Subbed on the last game, should get both games under his belt, barring injury.

Grealish - Can't see him getting 180. Might bring in Gundog for him.

EBH - never not going to play and captain him this week. Other people can take risks.

Wilson -SGW, I expect both him and Isak to play as a win cements CL place.

Isak - see above

Bench: Raya, Salah, Konaté, Trippier.

Biggest worry I think is Stones/Dalot and Grealish. I don't like transferring out DGW players, but it might be necessary this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have a huge benching dilemma now. Martinelli, Rashford, Wilson, Isak, MacAllistar. Need to bench one. Ideally I'd like to bring someone in for Martinelli, like Bruno or Mahrez. I'm actually tempted to bench MacAllistar from all of those. Main rival doesn't have him and I'm 8pts clear (he does have TC left though). Isak would be my next option to bench, but main rival has him, and maybe he's more likely to start than Wilson? No idea what to do.

Sensible move I think. Would you be starting Alvarez? I'm surprised about how much gametimes he's been getting lately, that went completely over my head.

I'm not entirely convinced on him or any City option tbh but it seems the best move to free up funds for Bruno. I'd start him but it would probably be instead of Isak which could be dangerous against Leicester.

Martinelli confirmed out of the last 3 games by Arteta.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ya can’t be benching Salah whatever you do - probably the most in form player atm - think he has 3 double digit hauls in last 3 games - I’d be benching Isak

Agree 100%. Gundo will likely be rested for one of the games, no point bringing him in. Bench Grealish or Gross, play Salah. Save the transfer and have 2 for the final GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rashford is now a doubt for the weekend due to illness.

• Advertisement

Erik ten Hag: “Rashy trained well the whole week but today he reported he is ill. We have to see how he recovers during the day and see tomorrow.”

So hard to know. I'd imagine he plays in the second game against Chelsea anyway.

Wonder would switching to Mahrez who's in much better form be an option.... Hes played the last few for City and probably wont play Champions league. I dunno all these city names coming up now but none of us know who the **** pep will pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Whats up with the flag on Trip? Already taken a -4 and the news of Rashfords illness is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

So I still have a wildcard to play....

Currently 3rd in my money league and am pretty sure everyone else has used their free hits/wildcards.

Any suggestions for a WC team?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Must be first season in a long time that despite having a DGW few will have chelsea players -

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Him and Dalot are giving me serious Ire. Probably just 2 FTs of Dalot to Shaw and Rashford to Bruno. And then maybe a -4 to get in a 3rd city asset but will have to take out either a Newcastle forward or Mitoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Was feeling the back of his leg when he came off last night and had been holding it for 10 mins beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭mobydopy

1FT, can’t decide between:

1) Grealish to Bruno - leaves me with 0.1m itb

2) Grealish to Antony - leaves me with 2.3m itb

Leaning towards option 2 as it allows me to swap a Brighton midfielder for Odegaard in GW38. Option 1 means I can’t bring in an Arsenal attacker next week but I would have enough for an Arsenal defender like Ben White

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Why are you trying to bring in an Arsenal player especially? They'll have nothing left to play for in the last game of the season.

Advertisement