Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Say what you want about this dumpster fire but damn is it entertaining in a gossipy bitch way.

Can't wait for AEW's third live show next year with CM Punk returning once more this time being billed as Third Time's the Charm.

*insert Big E popcorn gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be fair the backstage fights with punk are more interesting than the on screen product itself. I say have a show where the camera follow punk around. He seems like great craic. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW All Access is the first AEW show advertised to be on MAX.

Im surprised they are moving that off TV as it was a bit of a ratings winner for Warners in that time slot.

It outdrew Dana White’s Slap Fighting show which it replaced in that time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder would Sky Sports go in for AEW ?

Well considering WarnerBrosDiscovery bought BT and are making it TNT Sports over the summer and Eurosport to be branded TNT Sports over the next two year as it could be interesting to see what they would do if Sky or DAZN sniffed around AEW over here.

• Advertisement

Digging the eyepatch on Hangman.

Tonight again shows AEW is better off with the Elite than it would be with Punk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Punk is gold!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Elite vs BCC in Anarchy in the Arena sounds brilliant. The crowd pop for the "We are The Elite!" line was amazing.

O.C. defending his title against everyone at once, rather than in 20 separate matches 😂 I'd wager he drops it without having to take the pinfall this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Great episode, from the "snap" return of The Elite to this, the eyepatch. Kenny with the trash can lid like a shield. Swimming in MCU references. Bet they do something MCU at the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tony holding off on naming where Collision will be to not ruin the surprise because Chicago will be a big giveaway or because the venue may change if can't get Punk to come back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Snip

Never mind. I should have read the previous page before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 86,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's being reported that Danielson will be involved in creative for Collision.

Smart move by Tony there i think.

So apparently this is the Ace Steel situation according to Meltzer taken from a Reddit post, it seems this is what others have reported to.

What a colossal f-up! Bringing back the guy who attacked your EVPs and bit them is bad enough but then bringing him back in a half assed way so you don't even get the reason why you brought him in to begin with (aka keeping Punk happy).

If key talent weren't told and that talent included the Elite then Jesus, that is horrendous. It's stuff like that this that really makes Tony look amateurish, he seems absolutely blinded with affection for CM Punk and it really is impacting his judgement.

Jon Moxley has declared himself out from appearing on collision.

TK allowing wrestlers to opt out from the show if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could this impact the card for 'All In' if some won't want to be in the same room/building as Punk ?

Fight Forever to be released on June 27th according to Fightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

None of this would happen under Vince McMahon, they be told to do what is best for business or pick up their pink slips

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It really is the latest in a series of things that Tony Khan has let happen that don’t paint him and his company in a good light.

I'm actually not shocked he didn’t tell key people because there have been incidents of Tony ghosting wrestlers if he hasn’t got good news to tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well vince did let **** happen, the clique being an example but more often than not he’s the one calling the shots.

And also Tony khan needs to log off twitter unless it’s to do with his TV shows.

• Advertisement

Apparently AEW are threatening Punk if he fails to show for Collision. Punk the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Petermc83

I knew the new collision logo was something like the old nitro… but I seen this online and was shocked!!! Can they not even come up with something more original?!

Wasn't watching the time of the wars, but just realised seeing it now, was it called Monday Nitro (Night Row) to sound similar to Monday Night Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They weren't that far off the actual release date of June 29th.

I am so curious about how this game is going to come out. I'm skeptical it can be good based on a lot of things but I would love for it to be a great game and a fun alternative to the 2K games. Releasing it stealthily with not a lot of hype doesn't inspire much confidence though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, there've been a few red flags on this game - the radio silence since what was apparently a very successful time at Gamescom and a few other big shows last summer is a little worrying. I believe there's been some talk about the certification of the game being a major part of the delay, I can understand them wanting to make sure it's got as broad an appeal and market as possible and you know how puritanical the US is about age ratings.

It's a big week, I'm curious to see what way things are landing in relation to Collission's first night. It's a messy business all of it, and not a great way to be starting off a billion-dollar TV deal! :D

I'm looking forward to the PPV.

Yeah for sure, I think they really just announced it too early. They announced it to get over on WWE when they had that awful 2k game a while back from memory and since it's been announced the 2k series has bounced back in a big way. I will say, I saw the stream Evil Uno and Orange Cassidy just did with the game and it looked fun, graphics aren't too pretty of course and there was a few moments where it looked a little janky but could be a fun play, although definitely not at full price.

Keep forgetting the PPV is this weekend, definitely the worst build to a PPV they've ever had, I've said this before but DON this year feels almost like an after thought with Wembley and Collision coming up and all that goes with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement

Forgot it is as this weekend as well. So have this, Night of Champions and Battleground this weekend. It's a long weekend in the States as well.

Advertisement