Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Not suggesting there were none. Backgrid confirmed paps aligned with them were assigned to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,136 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Then why the half dozen questions in your previous asking why would the paps bother?

Again, it's simple and obvious. Money.

In July 1997 a pap photo of Diana sold for $6 million. A record. It is easy to understand what the motivation for frenzied paps was in the weeks after that. How much do you reckon photos of the Sussexes command since their spokesperson said this was a “near catastrophic” chase? It must be very lucrative. I don't know what the going rates are these days but I highly doubt it is in the millions.

I have no idea, how does that invalidate reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement

Bldg security for Charlemagne tha God report the only dangerous incident they witnessed was Harry and Meghan’s motorcade crashing into parked cars

Reality? Mayor of NY says 2 hour chase is impossible. Even a 10 minute one impossible in Midtown. NYPD says it gave assistance to the security team. Says trip to their accommodation lasted no more than 20 minutes.. No incidents recorded. No arrests. No tickets issued. Cab driver says there were some paps, there was no real danger, wasn’t chased. Backgrid says its crew operated legally, didn’t endanger anyone . One unnamed pap claims their security was driving somewhat carelessly and blocked a side street. Cops intervened to clear the traffic caused by that. Now would I be registering on my hate-o-meter if, given the multiple sources above, I reasonably think that the Sussexes via their spokespeople just might be engaging in a little exaggeration?

Post edited by valoren on

Well no he is claiming the paps crashed into parked cars.

There has been no reports of that yet.

The Mayor of New York wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the box.

A 2 hour pursuit is not impossible, how could it be?

• Advertisement

Not what the mayor said. Regarding the speed of any chase.

I didn’t suggest they would fake a kidnapping. Don’t be disingenuous. To clarify I mean that they might fake a kidnapping attempt i.e. make something up to get attention/prop up their security concerns. After this exaggerated “high speed chase” nonsense is it not unreasonable to think they might go there? Security is a high priority for them. Who knows what they might do. I wouldn't be surprised. Also, being a regular contributor to a thread is not fixation but that is your opinion. Negative, degrading and nasty is your subjective opinion. I disagree with you. I have explained my interest in this before. They’re not doing anything wildly controversial? I know. It’s not like in the last six months they’ve had a Netflix series and a book driving exhaustive headlines and coverage.

I didn’t suggest they would fake a kidnapping

Oh good, because that would be absolutely nuts.

To clarify I mean that they might fake a kidnapping attempt

🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I think the newspapers went to print far too early on this news story- there will be a new batch of “versions” out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Ok we’ll adopt your version so over the mayor of New York- you seem to have had more information about New York than they do 😀😀😀

I wasn't there, but no one claimed this apart from the Mayor

"I would find it hard to believe there was a two-hour high-speed chase."

2 hour pursuit on the other hand is not impossible, again how could it be?

Let’s do a brain storm. 

Situation: You decide to move away from a full time job and now have to pay for your own security. Problem: You deem yourself born into the risk and feel entitled to paid security forever. Goal: Convince your gran/dad and her/his government that you are in danger and thus need security forever.

What might we do?

Go on Oprah and say titles mean nothing to you. Security is priority one.

Write a book where you detail how many Taliban you have personally killed.

Get the PR to put it out there that a stalker was milling around your house.

Get the spokespeople to put it out there that you were involved in a high speed chase with paps in New York which could have been catastrophic.

Get the spokesperson to say that none of your family made contact despite all the danger you’re in.

They’re not getting a reaction. A reaction is what is wanted. Paid security not out of their pocket is what is wanted. Resorting, in desperation, to using the kids in a similar attention seeking way to finally get a reaction is not unreasonable. And no, I'm not suggesting they are so crazy as to put their kids in harms way. I am suggesting they might conjure up another BS story e.g. someone they don't know while they are out and about innocently talking to their kid = stranger danger! Scobie tweeting and then going on Newsnight about the Prince/Princess in a "scare"/They could have been kidnapped/No comment from the King, the POW etc.

Oh shít, so it's fake a kidnapping of one of the kids?

Brain storm. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

This whole nothing-burger as the americans would call it, could have been avoided if their security team advised that they hide out at The Plaza a few blocks from the venue and wait till the paps had gone. The Carlyle is also nearby where they have stayed before. Either top end hotel would have given them a safe space till it quitened down. Funny how they can never seem to find an appropriate solution to their problems when in a bind, despite having agents, PR, security, mental health experts and goodness knows who else on their payroll. Its almost as if they dont want their 'problems' to be quietly solved........

I don’t think Meghan would strategically use her kids in order to make them out to be victims who are in danger. I mean it’s not like she went on TV with an audience of millions watching saying Archie wouldn’t get a title and that as a consequence of that he wouldn’t get any police protection while also implying that this was racially driven even though she knew she was bullshitting. She wouldn’t make stuff up just to pull at our heart strings. Harry himself, a multi millionaire who'd just bought a mansion, wouldn't go saying he was born into DANGER implying his wife and kids were also in DANGER and so he reluctantly had to sign multi million deals (like you do) so he could afford to pay for their security after his father (fresh off giving him another couple of million) cut him off financially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, seems bizarre that their solution to feeling that their lives were in danger was to leave the safety of their professionally driven, secure, SUV, which had blacked out windows to prevent pictures being taken. and to then get in a taxi driven by a regular driver with normal windows leaving them in full view of the photographers? Make it make sense.

You don't understand, someone on bicycle might have killed them in a collision on foot.

Feared for my life because it had electric assistance.

A previous poster on this thread of anti Meghan and Harry lunatics accused me of making up the motorcades, scooters and e-bikes part despite it being reported in many media outlets. Something very sinister about the behaviour of the paps, pedestrians could have been killed on footpaths.

I work on a University campus, been on this campus oh for 9 years now. There's thousands of eBikes and Scooters/mopeds. Have yet to hear of a single fatality, and they have a duty to report student deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Or instead of going to their friends house, they asked the friend to come to their hotel "room". Presumeably the friend is less recognisable than them.

Nobody seems to believe they were in any danger except themselves or people on their payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I know nothing about this story in general, just what ive seen on the news. I knid of agree with the NYC Mayor, a 2 hour high speed car chase in Manhattan does seem implausible.

I don't know. Theres an awful lot in this story that does not add up.

AFAIK their spokesperson never said they were in danger.

They said others were put in danger.

This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.

Part of that at least backed up the NYPD via the Mayor.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams told reporters that two police officers "could have been injured" and that it "would be horrific to lose an innocent bystander during a chase like this".

I honestly don't see how this is very hard to believe. It's what the paps do.

Here is Scarlett Johansson detailing her experience from a few years back.

I was followed by five cars full of men with blacked out windows who were running red lights and putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk so they could follow me to find out where I was staying and subsequently stalk me and my young daughter for the duration of my stay," she explained. "The paparazzi put people's live at risk, so they can wait for days in quiet neighborhoods in blacked out cars, and try to follow me to the playground and photograph my child and other people’s children in a safe place that should be off limits, but isn’t. All of this is perfectly legal."

Don't remember anyone calling her a lying evil bítch. 🤷‍♂️

Scarjo also doesn't have a netflix documentary smearing the paparazzi though, or lawsuits involving their security from the paparazzi. I doubt people called her a liar as she had no reason to.

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex were “shaken up” after they were pursued by paparazzi through New York City earlier this week, the head of the security firm responsible for their transportation told NBC News. 

Tom Buda said the "chase was frightening” for the couple and Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, and “putting them in danger.” He added that he “felt bad they were shaken up.” Meghan’s mom had been particularly affected, he said.   

More than 1 person on the payroll speaking on behalf of the couple.

Modest tip BTW for someone who apparently saved their lives that night lol

Scarjo also doesn't have a netflix documentary smearing the paparazzi though

I don't see how that is relevant. Paps are vile scum and always have been.

Also I'm sure Meghan's mother was affected by it.

You asked why nobody called her a "lying evil bitch"

I answered.

Were there ever any competing media and official accounts of what happened to Scarjo, as here? No?

• Advertisement

No she gets to mouth off at paps without any "official accounts". Strange that.

I just gave you an official account which corroborates the press release.

Also the dangerous driving was when they were in the limo, not the taxi, the taxi basically circled the block.

Again this is what paps do, they are vile scum.

But in bizarro world they are the victims.

Advertisement