Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sockman1979

40kwh, need bigger car and better range,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

All the grant qualifying MYs in inventory are now marked ‘ready for collection’ from previously ‘coming soon’.

It really is a frustrating experience ordering 4 months ago and having multiple people picking up the same car up from inventory on a whim and getting it weeks before you (as has already happened over the last two months and is now happening again). I would order one but no doubt it would take 2-3 months to get a refund on initial order like the last time!

For anyone who’s just paid the €250 deposit on their order, it might be worth snapping one up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s a bit like queing for the plane in departures.

Everybody is getting on the same plane.

You get up and que at the gate and the next person sits there until the que is gone. You both get on the same plane.

I don’t see the issue here. The cars were always on the same boat.

I don’t think that’s true though. Several people on this forum have collected grant qualifying MY LRs from inventory weeks ago.

Those of us who pre-ordered in January’s have cars that still aren’t in Ireland and are being told it will be June at least. So it’s not the same the boat clearly.

Applying a basic level of common sense from Tesla, cars should be offered in order of those who ordered first. I don’t think that is a remotely controversial statement.

Even from their own selfish standpoint, if inventory orders can jump pre-orders by a period of months (as they demonstrably have), my genuine advice to anybody buying a Tesla in future would be to order every single car that comes to inventory in their style and take the first one, cancel the rest. So not only is it inherently unfair, it’s also just bad business as it will drive behaviour that threatens their own business model in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Issues persist annoyingly. Will try and reach out to Tesla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Seeing as I now have a VIN for my M3RWD 13-28 June delivery does that mean it's on a ship I can track ? (Just curious but no biggie if I can't)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

My Tesla account page no longer displays the "Please pay off your remaining balance" message.

VIN still missing too after disappearing yesterday with everyone else's.

My payments are still tracked though as I was paying in installments. Wonder what's going on? Very strange

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Log it in app. Another poster that couldn’t get it going with the full reset got a firmware pushed to the car and it fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

I have to post this again, previous post was flagged and removed for sounding too much like an ad. I'll keep it short:

If you want to get alerts for Tesla inventory cars being added and/or for pricing drops/increases for new cars, you can use my tool now as well, with Discord and Telegram groups: www.teslaalerts.ie

Mod Note: Discussed with poster, ok'd to share

Post edited by liamog on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PGTips 25

Just onto Emma here on Tesla chat and she's telling me mid June for my MYLR, which is still showing the May19th window. Says that the dates aren't pulling through correctly. So who knows what's actually going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Picked up my parents M3LR for them yesterday as they were typically on holidays by the time the VRT issue was resolved. Was in and out in less than 5 mins. Car very dusty outside (I suspect it was cleaned when it first arrived but then sat for a month gathering dust) so was hard to check properly for scuffs, etc but no sign of any issues. 36% charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Collecting the car Tuesday. All I need to bring with me is licence and proof of payment. (Bank statement? ) or just online on my account do?

Just need to number plate now to sort the insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Just your driving license as long as zero is amount due. Its a straight forward pick up process best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Eddy didn’t have much better news for me. Leaning heavily towards June at this point I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PGTips 25

Same car is in inventory and says available for collection. Asked her if I could transfer to that and if it really was available. Was told its on the same boat as mine. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Friend walked into Sandyford today, had an order of a white MYLR affected by whole recent ordeal. Car fully paid for too.

Was told if they switched to a black colour they could pick it up next week (which he did).

Though I'll hold by breath until I actually see if he really gets it next week.

Unreal! He ordered a week after I did in January.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I dropped into Sandyford as I was in the neighbourhood to see what the story was with my order (MYLR in the 19/5 - 3/6 window with a missing VIN). I'm told that I do have a VIN, it's missing on account of a glitch. I'm also told my car's en route to Baldonnell and I can expect to collect it in 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Moved on a step, looking for payment now (I ordered M3 bog standard white on Feb 14).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Same here M3 RWD - EDD 12-27 June.

How much do people tend to leave as a balance up to the collection date? I could pay all over the coming days but also conscious it's a few weeks to delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

For me, I could transfer €10k a day via online banking so did one small payment early on to make sure the details were correct then sent the rest of the payments each day the week before.

Main thing is to make sure you are paid up before you need the reg number.

Just so people are aware. Tesla chargers no longer qualify for the SEAI grant starting from this week. SEAI form has been updated accordingly.

Confirmed by SEAI and two Tesla approved installers. Tesla happy to take a return of the charger.

Anyone any thoughts on alternative?

Ohme, Neo, Zappi all been proposed as options.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I've ordered one of these. There are local installers / distributors and it's on the SEAI list of approved units.

https://hypervolt.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Does the VIN shows for you on the app and under my account? I ordered on the same date still the VIN is hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

H all, I have just received a collection date for next week 22nd to 26th! Has anyone been able to reschedule the dates where it doesn't suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

call them and explain and they will usually extend flexibility for about 7 days..for so long as this does not extend over a quarter end date.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

If I may ask, when did you filled the SEAI grant form because I got it done on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Ok, thanks for that! Hopefully they can push out to following week. I haven't actually received anything about SEAI grant forms yet either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

whats the craic with tesla refunding deposits?

i rang them today to ask about ordering a M3 and if it wasnt delivered before july would the 250 deposit be refundable if i changed my mind due to todays quoted price not being honored. predictably they said that the t&cs cover price changes due to grant fluctuations and so this would not be a basic for deposit refund.

in reality, how hard has it been to get deposit refunds?

Advertisement