Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

They also include a €50 EasyGo public charging credit. Net cost of €549. Zappi available with them for an extra €200. Not sure it’s worth the extra but it’s user friendly and has a 3yr warranty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Zappi May be worth the extra if you have other MyEnergy products to keep it all within the one MyEnergy app.

Otherwise wallbox is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

On the topic of EV chargers.. we got an EO Mini Pro V2 installed a couple years back - I presume there’s no point in changing this out for something like a Zappi etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I have noticed that for cabin overheat protection I can no longer change the activation temperature. The option used to be in the app under climate and it was an option below the cabin overheat protection option. Is it just my app or is that the same for others?

I also don’t have the option to change the activation temp in the car menu system either.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Option is still there in mobile app. Under climate scroll down and enable pet mode and you can adjust temperature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah I have the cabin overheat protection (off no a/c on) option but in the pic above I am missing the approximate activation temperature option.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

New wheel caps added today, made me realise the Tesla Aero covers that came with the car were all the same and didn't come in a left and right version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Looks good 👍

aeros are the same for production cost reasons, I’m sure.

we’ve officially come full circle btw, buying new hubcaps at the car-boot sale :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Had to laugh last night parallel parking the car, the Tesla has hubcaps and doesn't have self parking unlike my Mini which had alloys all round and was able to parallel park all on it's own, even though it couldn't do adaptive cruise control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The idea of hubcaps on alloys was a really strange one back in 2017 but it all makes sense now for aerodynamic reasons. I'm not so convinced about the fake turbine ones as they probably actually rob some efficiency.

• Advertisement

I'm not the kind of person who values aero efficiency over all other variables. For me I prefer the look of black wheels but wanted to keep the 19', it would of cost me €2,473 to take the induction wheels from Tesla, instead I spent €300 on new caps.

€300 for hubcaps - really? I haven’t bought hubcaps for a long time clearly!

Much cheaper ones available, especially if your willing to wait for delivery from AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I rented the 2022 MYLR(USS and stiff suspension) from UFODrive recently as I felt the Tesla test drive wasn't long enough to get a good sense for the car. I'm in love. It is hands down the best car I have ever driven accounting for how practical it is, the rear legroom is amazing and there more than enough storage for my needs. Although I'm quite young and in good health I still appreciate the extra height for getting in and out, and how easy it would be for my parents as passengers.

I don't get understand some people say the turning radius is bad. Yeah the full lock isn't the best but the ease of using the stalk for drive and reverse and the immediate responsiveness makes it very quick to maneuver in my opinion.

I know I complain a lot about the lack of USS, no radar and blindspot, but once I got a good taste for that acceleration it won't stop me from ordering one in a few years once my better half gets her full license.

I imagine with acceleration boost it would be similar to the M3LR which is almost all the acceleration I ever wanted since I was a teen when I dreamed of owning a Nissan GTR or an Audi R8. Teslas really are a poor man's supercar.

I wish tesla Sandyford had the M3P available to test drive, it might make me forget about the practicalities of the MY😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭lau1247

General question: What's the story with Spotify?? I understand you either need Tesla Premium Connectivity sub to get the date (essentially they are supplying a sim service) or use your own hotspot.

Since I picked up my car, I have been using my free Spotify account, it worked very well (any songs I liked from the mobile app automatically transfer over to the car).

This evening it seems like it essentially did a reset. I locks me out of Spotify and would not log in. even though I knw the username and password is correct. I did notice that it says Spotify premium required.

Any idea why it worked for 2 weeks but not now?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

How long have you got the car? You get one month free premium so that could have expired?

It seems like you had Premium Connectivity and it has expired (perhaps 30 days since delivery? ). Premium Connectivity is required for streaming music through cars app regardless of that type of account you have with the streamer. If you have also lost the satellite view in maps this is most likely what has happened. Spotify from cars app won’t function without Premium Connectivity. You may be able to play by controlling Spotify from your phone using Bluetooth connection to car.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Akula

Collected today. Absolutely delighted overall. Only thing that irked me was that the r car was filthy. And in particular there are some glue stains on the car on the pillars where they removed some sort of ppf protection they had in place while the car was in transit.

Any point in raising any issue with them? Or just whistling in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’ll only cost 5 minutes of your time to make a complaint. Photos would be important if you have some. Others have got vouchers for a local valeting place in the past to sort post delivery.

having some residue gunk from the ppf isn’t unusual on new cars in my experience. Not ideal, but it washes off after a few hand washes

• Advertisement

Had the car since the May 5th. Even got the the email to state that the 1 month free trial will last until the June 5th.

"You've been granted a complimentary 30 day trial of Premium Connectivity for your Model Y VIN LRWxxxxxxxx. It will end on 05 June 2023"

No, not expired yet. The satellite view is still working. It still can stream from Spotify but only giving option to use the car account (I need to start playlist from scratch) or sign in. When trying to sign in, it say "premium account required".

So if I don't have premium connectivity subscription from Tesla, I will need to essentially stream by running Spotify from phone via Bluetooth, not wifi hotspot. That's the only option?

Also, another question for recent buyers (that collected), the ones that got the email about free 150km supercharger credit. Did you get it in your loot box yet? It was supposed to come a week after collection. I nearly forgot about it but mine hasn't shown up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I have Spotify Premium working just fine through the car's app using my phone as a hotspot - premium connectivity expired; was a bit of a palaver to set up iirc - you don't just sign in with your credentials, it needs to be activated at account level. (If I) remember to switch on the hotspot before starting the car it all just works without further todo. If the hotspot is switched on after the car, the WiFi need to be connected manually.

Any idea what email to send to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Amazon

greendrive

alie express

Basically all the same products from different sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I’m sort of wondering if they would bring much to a blue Y ?, they absolutely look good on a grey

Hop onto google or Ali and you’ll see loads fitted. Even YT has them. It’s a personal choice. I wouldn’t. I’d rather get the oem wheels under the covers refurbed in performance grey or black.

You will need to do this through the tesla Mobile App under service and select the appropriate option (External Trim?). Then describe issue and attach pics if it is the route you want to go down. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new toy!

• Advertisement

Just fitted them today.

Advertisement