Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Next topic at 2.55 no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

"my face is actually touching off her face"

weirdos the whole lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

So, from a very long build up to the callers complaint --->told to do this, told to do that then accused of tshirt fraud and threatened with a $3k fine and the clothes ripped off the back of the poor childer

to --> oh yeah, she wanted to swap the tshirt for a real one plus she stayed on an extra hour

It's obviously a case of the parent's embarrassment at being a *cheapo, I 100% bet the kid didn't bat an eyelash!

*I don't blame someone buying at €10 compared to €59 for a yoke that'll be dumped after a few months.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭Tow

Half 2. New topic, I hope!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,686 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

10 calls on the topic, wow, wow, hold tomorrow mornings headlines in the papers.

• Joe Duffy, a well-known broadcaster and presenter, has taken some time off to enjoy his holidays in the Dordogne region. It is understandable that his fans would miss him and wish for his return. However, it is important to respect his decision to take a break and enjoy some time away from work.

Taking a break and disconnecting from work is crucial for everyone's mental and physical well-being. It allows individuals to recharge and come back refreshed and energized to tackle new challenges. Joe Duffy has been a prominent figure in the media industry for many years and has consistently provided his audience with quality content. Therefore, it is important to acknowledge his hard work and dedication to his profession by giving him the time and space he deserves.

Furthermore, it is essential to recognize that everyone has the right to take a break and enjoy their personal time. It is important to refrain from putting pressure on individuals to return to work before they are ready. Once Joe Duffy returns from his holidays in the Dordogne, his fans can look forward to his return to the airwaves and enjoy his entertaining and informative broadcasts.

In conclusion, while it is understandable that Joe Duffy's fans would miss him, it is important to respect his decision to take some time off and enjoy his holidays in the Dordogne. Taking a break is a necessary aspect of maintaining good mental and physical health, and everyone should be allowed to do so without feeling pressured to return to work before they are ready.

"many of the wheelchair associations members are wheelchair users"

Thanks for that, I wouldn't have guessed that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

only thing that can save this shite is for Miss Abbey to ring in

• Advertisement

€70 refund to Meeshel, that'll pay for one of Miss Abby's hoodies

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• For 8 years I pushed my mother around in a wheelchair, travelling here there and everywhere, I’m an expert on what is and isn’t accessible, but it doesn’t take much imagination to cop on to what challenges a user faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

So she got a refund - we are told this at the end of the moaning

• Whackerette Karens don’t do parking well

LOL, only complaints received were from local residents about the mammies parking arseways all over the shop!

M

Is it some kind of game the producers and Colm are playing in to how near to the end of the show they can milk a rubbish topic to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Colm has really made a mess of this one. Asking the promoter about complaints made to a totally different caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Had he led with 'they got free official t-shirts and a refund' he wouldn't have been able to drag this out for around an hour.

Im beginning to feel sorry for Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

self driving wheelchairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Paul did well there. Maybe Joe would of made him hang up.

This whole wheelchair side to the story is pointless filler.

Get back to the battleaxe fighting the whackers, that's why I'm here.

M

It's now turned in to an infommercial basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭calculator

This is a meandering borefest

M

A prize of a scholareship Zoom call.

Yeah the wheelchair angle is really trying to milk this chat and make Paul look bad. Lets face it was an event in a local hall basically.

Lots of events are not fully wheelchair accessible and we dont hear about it.

90% sure they're now just getting randomers from the RTE corridors to ring in and pretend they have a connection.

• Joe Duffy loves his coddle stew,

With bacon, sausage, and spuds too.

He savors every bite he takes,And relishes the flavor it makes.The warmth and comfort it provides,

Is like a hug that never subsides.

Joe Duffy's love for coddle is true,

A hearty meal that sees him through.

• Advertisement

This is painful. 😂

Advertisement