Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As much as I love How Demar has helped, I think it just makes sense to trade him for another big to support Vuc on the court, Pat Williams is not cutting it as a starter. Need a defensive anchor big to help when Zach leaves people blow by and Vuc is nowhere to be seen. Saying that, we also need a point to replace Ball full time and stop giving everyone a go to see what fits, Dame could fill that nicely.

Vuc can get it going as well but i think it comes down to Billy not knowing what to do with the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jimmy Butler again. Home court gone again. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 19,684 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Portland trades the pick for another guard I'll scream.

Dame and CJ didn't work, Wall and Beal didn't work, Dame and Beal would be no different imo. If it's getting shipped it's gotta be for a Siakam/Bridges type, a wing who can function as a primary defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Denver gonna hammer the Lakers tonight.

Jokic is a joke.

Making the Embiid MVP looking all the more obscene with every touch of the ball.

• Advertisement

Murray with some horrid shot taking decisions tonight.

Lakers must win now. If they lose in the 4th no shot for the series 

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's always felt to me like the Nuggets are just biding their time, like they know they can win this whenever they want.

Hachimura has been huge for LA, they'd be in big trouble without him tonight.

I had just posted the above and the Nuggets took off, up by 12 now with 5.32 left. Lakers led all the way through the second and third and got up by 11 a couple of times but the Nuggets pulled it close every time and then took off in the fourth and I honestly don't think there's any way back for the Lakers.

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but, based on their careers to date, who would you choose to start your franchise with...

Jimmy Butler or James Harden?

Nuggets just done enough and I just felt like thats how it was going to go all along.

Regular season Harden, postseason Butler.

I'd pick Butler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That’s a weird choice…lol. I wouldn’t let Harden near my franchise, he doesn’t have it in him to lead a franchise in my opinion, a bit toxic to be honest

Haha it was just based around a discussion I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,480 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

stomach was at me all night, so was awake for a lot of it. LeBron really threw some bricks from 3. Lakers have let a bit go in these 2 games. Just as well for me as I was going to back them at 150/1

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Even though the Lakers are down 2 this series is far from over both games were very close in Denver and Lakers are unbeaten at home in the playoffs

The games were close but maybe that’s the problem. Lakers should have gotten at least one of them. Denver have had some ridiculous scoring runs.

LeBron had his best defensive game in years last night and was simply exhausted at the end, plus the rolled ankle.

I feel like Denver in 4 is in play now tbh

The only good thing about the ankle roll last night is it's not the one thats been giving him trouble all year.

I still feel it's more likely the Lakers will win a road game than the Nuggets, Lakers have been excellent at home in the playoffs too.

Who do you think will come out of the other series between the Celtics and Heat?..

Celtics still narrow favs, expect them to blow out Miami tonight

• Advertisement

I think Miami will run them close this series though, I think it's a bad match up for Celtics especially if Bam is playing well

The Celtics are a deeper and far more talented team than the Heat. But the Heat are tougher, smarter, and better coached. The Heat had a few things in their favour the other day….their 3s went in at a far higher rate than usual, Boston had less rest than the Heat, and they had to adjust mentally from the high of a G7 win etc.

I still think Boston will win the series, but they’ve made it very tough for themselves.

Best defensive game in years? On what grounds?

Coming back to the free throw disparity thing from last week.

There’s much more to it than just playing inside. There are fouls all over the court after all and then fouls in the penalty (regardless of where they’re committed) lead to free throws. To say it’s because LA go to the rim more is a complete oversimplification.

What wasn’t discussed is the way FTs affect the flow of the game. A team that plays a fast break run and gun style can’t do it as much if every second or third possession for the opposition is stopped for FTs.

Also, and this is where it can really affect a team with an older player for example is all those FTs lead to prolonged breaks in play which allows players to recover more in game.

That the Lakers have such a shockingly high positive FT number in the regular season since the non call in the game against Boston and in the a Play Offs is absolutely favouring them - and to deny that is basically lying to yourself. The Lakers took 42 FTs in one game (!) in the series v GS. The Warriors took 14 in the same game.

Whatever about the Lakers getting more FTs v “smaller” and “shooting” teams, the fact that they’re taking considerably more FTs against Denver in Denver is a bit eye opening.

Butler every time. You want a guy coming in and setting the standards, not a guy who cares more about stats than winning - and that’s before we even talk about the off court circus that comes with Harden.

LeBron choosing the wrong and lazy option time and time again last night to take a 3 over a drive to the rim….what about his famed high basketball iQ there? No criticism from the usual suspects on here of course 🙄It’s not like he wouldn’t get free throws either if he drove, given the stats!

He was 0-6 from 3 last night. And is 1-20 in Q4 3s these Play Offs. As I said earlier in the thread teams must love it when he does this. Shoot them all you want LeBron!

For anyone interested, there’s a very good take on the culture in Philly by Mike Lombardi on a recent (this week) Bill Simmons pod. Well worth a listen.

Mike/Michael Malone with a nice few digs at the Lakers in the post game too 🤣

Saw that "who is No. 15 for Denver?" is a trending search on google in the US. It's hilarious that people don't know who he is at this stage. He's a 2 time MVP (and should be 3 time), playing on the 1 seed in the Western Conference.

Listen to last night’s Dunc’d on Prime, they were hugely impressed with how he defended Jokic from the late 2nd on

• Advertisement

I hope he'll be able to play next season after that foul. Lucky not to break his neck really. I mean he's obviously out for the season now after that isn't he?

Another angle:

Another:

There's some great videos on YouTube celebrating his greatest flops. Worth watching sometime for those who can see no wrong in LeBron. The travel videos are just hilarious too btw.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Advertisement