Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Marrooned

We will have some fun keeping up with them next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

That was a strong Leinster to win, Kilkenny backboned by majority of a team that won on All Ireland last year and a Galway team backed up by 4 in a row winning Minor All Ireland teams. Fully deserved playing a fantastic brand of hurling. It will be a final to relish going in as underdogs v Cork. That will draw a big crowd.

Well did anyone come up with an answer of any player with a senior all Ireland medal who came through the development squads. I hope Michael Fennelly is able to get our problems sorted. The very best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

There’s lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Advertisement

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

That doesn't read very well to me, sounds like Fennelly is content to have an extra gig on the side. I applaud him for taking the job and I hope it works out. The fact that the county board only think this roll is a part time job shows you everything you need to know about our current county board. To be honest its a disgrace. I'm not having go at Fennelly he hasn't started yet by the sounds of it.

It sounds even more disappointing than I feared after reading just that small snippet. Maybe Michael is some sort of superman that can do all this with a young family, a job and now this roll, he was amazing on the pitch but this is different. If this is all the county board is offering then fair enough but if this is how their starting out it doesn't sound like their going to give him much and I fear he is in a position of weakness. I fear this roll will become just a distraction the county board will point to and say that all is being done right, no need to look too closely here, give it time.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Happy enough with the team I'd personally like to see Adrian on the half forward line and dropping back a bit when he wants anyway we'll see how it goes happy with the team other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

Subs are interesting. Is Darren Brennan injured or has Aiden Tallis leapfrogged him? Billy Drennan in the subs, not starting. Richie Hogan injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

My understanding is that Michael Fennelly is sharing the role with Mickey Comerford. Perhaps the two added together will make it a full time role.

• Advertisement

If it’s a lack of funding they should be well able to secure it with all the lick arseing they do to the clg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Good to see after a presumably extensive application and interview process we ended up with the current Kilkenny S&C coach and an ex Kilkenny hurler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Very little talk about the Dublin match. A 1 point win and Kilkenny are effectively in the Leinster final, anything else we are depending on a result in Wexford. Having said that, if we can't win at home we won't be going much farther anyway. The only change I would make is that I would have included Billy Drennan. If we progress, he needs all the experience he can gain

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

I think it's the right thing not starting Billy. Tom Phelan must be making some kind of impression if he's starting. If things are going well then you would expect Billy, wally and a few more to come in and give Billy a bit of championship experience.

KK36 if you named three players you would deserve an all Ireland medal yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

Let me get this clear. Are you asking me to name 3 players who came through the development squad system and won all Ireland senior medals. Apologies if I picked you up wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Oh my god, where do they pull these refs from?

After the challenges last week it was a silly tackle to make. Just stand up square on and let him run into you, there was no need to shoulder him head on.

• Advertisement

It was a yellow at most, ridiculous decision.

And another yellow for absolutely nothing. I despair...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

After last weeks let off and given the frustration of the challenge you can see the reasoning behind the decision. However on balance you'd have to say it's a bit harsh. Up and down the country that's a yellow 9 times out 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

Stupid challenge to the head, deserved red IMO. Kilkenny hurling well though

Wheres the card now?

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Never a red, Clare player fell into him. Clare player leaves his feet and only a yellow? Much better performance and players working really hard.

Doing well to keep in it in fairness. At least 3, if not 4, of their scores came from KK mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Great effort so far.

Decision on Ed Mc Dermott was tough, he paid the price for a litany of high profile and far worse challanges by seniors in recent weeks going unpunished.

But If ref was being consistent he had to send off the Clare midfielder for an even more dangerous late head high challenge on Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Just seeing red card now. It's fair enough. There's a tendency with that team to be a bit wild with shoulders to the head and the ref may have had the Galway game in mind.

Having said that the Clare player jumped into a KK player with both feet off the ground and I don't see that much difference to the red card.

Advertisement