Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

"74% of girls feel underrepresented in games"

That means 26% of girls have issues keeping in contact with reality. 100% of us should feel underrepresented in games, that's why we game, to escape from reality and be someone who we ain't. If you identify with the game character, either you or the game have a problem.

Rating Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Equality

Yeah, you can be in the business of selling one of the deadliest and most abused substance, who kills millions of its users and more millions of innocents, as long as the queers working for you are happy it's all good, human rights achievement unlocked. What a fk up world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nobody on this thread was defending anyone verbally abusing a transwoman. The criticisms were with regard to her reactions to being (allegedly) abused such as verbally abusing the customer, clapping in her face, slapping the phone out of her husband's hand etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was listening to this being discussed on Newtalk this afternoon and honestly you just have to despair when a university professor spends 10 minutes talking about what terms to use when she's taking part in a conference about obesity (presumably the conf is about tacking obesity). That that aspect is what she thought most important to discuss for the brief time she was on the radio.

edit:typo

Post edited by AllForIt on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

It's probably the wrong name anyhow chronic bodyfat dysregulation would be more accurate.

All mammals have a similar system for regulating body fat, primarily controlled by the hypothalamus which monitors leptin, ghrelin and other hormones to keep fat at a set level.

This was essential for our survival as a species motivating us with negative feedback loops when we got too lean and increasing food reward signaling.

In times off plenty it did the opposite to keep us athletic.

In a chronically obese person this system is broken and all the diets/advice/exercise etc won't fix it. There body will defend a body fat level of 30% or whatever in the same way it would have defended a preindustrial 10%.

You listen to experts in the field like Dr Donal O Shea and they say the same.

The best we can currently do is to try and stop people getting obese in the first place; for best results that needs to start in the womb.

Nothing like obesity for generating smugness though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Biology being ignored allows one to speak bo11ox.

Every cell, organ in our bodies run on a circadian rhythm, regulated by sunlight.

The period is actually 24.2hrs which falls of of synch with the sun pretty quickly. To counter this we have cells in our eyes which subconsciously monitor light level, very similar to frogs who have the same mechanism.

Rising early and getting outside for circa 15 mins is enough to "set" our clocks. When we do that everything in our bodies works better.

Covered here, just skip the adds

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2pHLc3vOUzHRgKvYqRUQza?si=a9sYJE1lRrezkn5RJV6Acg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Professional attention seeker gets the attention he so clearly craves. Another N American tit whose entire existence is vomiting culture war bollox wherever he goes for attention. Hilarious you mention little to be doing when this “dad” spends his entire saddo existence away from his kids to walk around with a billboard. Absolute melts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Thanks. This whole internet craic is proving a disaster too many literal assholes with the platform to speak their behind and with serious knock-on consequences down the pipeline, it all comes too congested

Used to be restricted to throne but now word gets out like a bad dose of the qwerty squirts. Is why many value the etiquette thread, just cut to the chase there’s I mean dudes saying more than anyone over there just by flexing their intestinal intellect

• Advertisement

Peaceful protest is completely legal here. Or are you in the camp that wants to silence any opinions that are different to your own?

Bringing attention is exactly what he's at. Because using puberty blockers on pre-pubescent kids is something that is problematic and should be called out.

Ahh drop the victimhood mentality it’s boring. I never said he couldn’t protest another hallucination of yours, I said he’s an attention seeking dose who got the attention he severely craves. His entire existence is walking around with a fkn billboard, recording every moment in hopes he captures something to make himself a bigger victim. He calls himself billboardChris ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Some might call what “ Billboard Chris “ is doing activism?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seriously….. taxpayers funding the wages of that Garda ffs 😵‍💫

following a thinly veiled insinuation by the Garda…

Man : “ go look at the footage “

Garda ” no, I’m getting a point across to you “ 😅

so we are now paying Gardai to go around harassing and lecturing people like absolute woke idiots ….. absolutely indisputable that the lack of effective leadership both in Dáil Éireann and in an Garda Síochána itself is adversely impacting the ‘service’ that we get from some of the most the absurdly useless gimps ever to walk our streets on the state payroll …..

You seem to be getting over excited over something that doesn't affect you in the slightest. Unless of course you don't approve of what he does, i.e. highlighting the fact that some want to give puberty blockers to kids.

It doesn’t affect you in the slightest either but here you are a fanboy of a professional attention seeking billboard walker(repeat that twice it might sink in how utterly pathetic that is) .

I pointed out he’s an attention seeking dose which he is. He can protest(attention seek) all he wants. He loved nothing more than that interaction happening so all his goon followers blood pressure can rise and they can play victims.

I just seen the back of his billboard, an absentee father attention seeking about what a dad is. I couldn’t care less what his billboards say or don’t say, it doesn’t matter what the message is or isn’t, he’s just an attention seeking dose and it’s his full time job. If I seen anyone in Ireland walking the streets all the time with a billboard Id think the same. The fact of the matter is, he only does this for reactions, he probably doesn’t give a Shiite either way. More “unhinged woke” reactions he gets the better, it boosts his profile, gets more followers = the more money he can make out it. You’re all too dumb to see you are being played. But sure if people want to worships tits with a billboard who am I to stop them. It’s the most brain dead Americanised shite I have ever seen.

I'm not a fanboy of his. Never heard of him until he was mentioned in this thread. I just have no problem with him protesting or highlighting his cause in this manner. As long as he does it in a peaceful manner. You say he's doing it to get a reaction. Maybe so. But if he's being peaceful, then those who are against his views should leave him be and then he'd be getting no attention. You've said it yourself, 'unhinged woke reactions'. Maybe that's where the issue is and not with someone protesting peacefully.

You might think he's pathetic and you are entitled to your opinion. Others might think he is doing some good in highlighting the fact that puberty blockers are being given to children. I agree with you, he is attention seeking. How else can he get his message out?

No need to get personal and call me dumb. How am I dumb? I don't and wouldn't give him any money. If he wants to waste his time, then that's up to him. He's not costing me anything.

I don't think you understand what the word 'worship' means.

Where I will agree with you is that he'd be better at home with his two girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Love the coward that shouts bigot and then runs away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Fortunately the comments under the article pretty much all call him out on his bullshit. Or as he calls it, "I Am Currently the Target of an Alt-Right Harassment Campaign. Thanks, Elon Musk."

Another article he has is "Why SpongeBob SquarePants is sexist". One of those numpties who knows what he wants to find and amazingly enough then finds it everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

What's with the 2 in the background in pink and yellow holding their arms up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Falun Gong.

Don't agree with the criticism of the Garda btw. He was called out by someone in the Disney shop and by and large seemed quite reasonable in his chat with the guy to work out what was going on. (The guy then acted the prat by saying "You look like someone who would give puberty blockers to your kids", which could be considered quite an offensive thing to say).

Agree with the guy's message overall of course. But this is a non-wokeism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭aero2k

Possibly OT, but an interesting (if rather long) viewpoint that might be of interest to followers of this thread. Mods, please delete if I've coloured outside the lines. I've never heard of Africe Brooke btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

On Grafton Street too. Absolutely laughable that they are harassing this guy and not bothering at all about a lot of the other stuff going on in the city center on a daily basis. Some guy with a daft billboard should really be far down their list of priorities. Maybe they could get themselves to one of LUAS stops and actually start making the city safer for the people that live in it.

I'm not worried about being assaulted, robbed or harassed by they absolute scum of the Earth that infest the area. Oh no, it's this weirdo Canadian guy who thinks kids shouldn't needlessly be given puberty blockers that I'm worried about, please save me officer.

Absolutely pathetic and not at all surprising. I bet this Garda pretends he's looking the other way when he walks past open drug use and other anti-social behavior. Maybe something really interesting on the ground or in the sky when he passes some wreck roaring at people at the LUAS stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

I mean, protesting is literally attention seeking. You are calling other people dumb and brain dead?

"I care passionately about an issue and was thinking I should protest about it."

Well just be sure to follow The @.Donegal. Guide To Protesting and don't draw attention to yourself. That'll definitely get your message out and draw attention to your cause if you choose not to seek attention.

In the protestors defense too I would wonder how much the general public does actually know about puberty blockers. Personally I have no idea if they are available in Ireland or if they are being offered to children or is it something the family needs to sign off on or under what conditions they might be given.

My understanding from this billboard dude is that not only are puberty blockers being given to children but they are being sometimes given to children without the knowledge of the child's parents. Also it seems to be the case that these medicines come with a whole range of potentially damaging side effects and probably shouldn't just be thrown around like candy. Then you've got the historical side of things with pretty serious medications being prescribed to children without due diligence.

So with all that in mind maybe it's worth hearing this billboard guy out? Or have we already made up our minds?

Precisely…. Gardai getting woke now is more important than Gardai getting criminals and protecting people, business and the city…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Midlands 103 presenter apologising earlier on today for calling Sam Smith "he" by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Who'd have thunk Mizzy reads the Guardian.

They have invaded a home, with a small 2 / 3 year old child present.

Mizzy obviously doesn’t understand the term ‘slander’…

you can’t be slandered by being called out for doing something that you are actually filmed doing…that you’ve filmed yourself doing…clown.

The good news… he’s been arrested….

considering the presence of the very young child, his attitude and manner, and importantly ….. going upstairs to living/sleeping areas…I’d say the criminal justice system will be happy to charge him, prosecute him and criminalise him…. I doubt he’ll be looked at as a case to be treated leniently… going upstairs in that property will see him done…

im not for the criminal justice system making examples of people, I’d rather cases tried on individual merits but with these TikTokers, attention seekers and misfits it might be an opportune time for the judges to say.. “ ok, gloves are off, there will be consequences now “… hard to argue….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭animalinside

Time to remember all the great women in society and female firsts again:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement