Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yep it killed Heroes off that show was going to be amazing then ended up with some inbred Carnival nonsense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There can't be as many quality drops as pronounced as Heroes', even if there were mitigating circumstances.

It'd make for an interesting, retrospective watch, given the subsequent ~20 years of the Superhero culture becoming mainstream. The show was made when it was understood most audiences would struggle with the whole "comicbook thing"; seems unlikely it'd be so newb-friendly now, were they to make another attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say there's a thread from back then. Maybe a new one can be created since I'm sure we'll see and hear of the effects.

I know new series at the time suffered from short seasons resulting in cancellation the following after the 2nd season like Pushing Daisies. 😟

As for Marvel, what would they have ready or in post at this point? Anything in production may be on hold since they're not allowed to make any script changes at all.

May lead to them spacing their stuff out even more, which would at least give effects teams more time.

But then when things start again, they might want to make up for lost time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,603 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Found GOTG more emotional than I imagined but liked the ending opening up so many routes

Although FFS this MCU different world stuff is really becoming extremely bloated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is the 600 different aspect ratios for Guardians 3 a joke that this writer seriously?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mcu-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-ratings-release-b2332915.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

That is still rumour but Margot Robbie is not an actress that I want to be invisible:p

I would prefer Kirby in this his role and for Robbie to be a solo hero though I don’t know who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,907 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Robbie woulda been a good shout for Emma Frost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam Driver is apparently close to a deal to play Reed Richards, I think he would be better as Doctor Doom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An interesting enough article that outlines & reminds how close the MCU came to going off the rails around the time of Age of Ultron, mostly because of then Marvel head-honcho Ike Permutter; specifically a spat with Kevin Feige that nearly had Feige walking out the door ... with WB seemingly sniffing around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good we have a release date for Loki season 2. Echo I couldn’t care less about but do like that all episodes drop at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,809 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wonder if that means they've made a decision on how to deal with the whole Jonathan Majors thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I wonder why they are releasing all episodes of Echo at once. All the other Marvel shows have been released weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Echo is another bloody origin story and all episodes being dumped looks like Disney don't expect it to be a hit they can draw out over weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah feels like a show where if it was weekly, people might drop off after 2-3 weeks, especially as it's starting late November so would get caught up in Christmas. Releasing all episodes at once, people more likely to just plow through it.

Her character didn't exactly have people clamouring for more of her, let alone her own show either. The most hype about her show is that Daredevil and possibly Kingpin will be in it and it'll likely act as a precursor to Daredevil: Born Again.

More comics based but likely to have MCU implications

Its been confirmed by Marvel (after already leaking everywhere) that Inhuman Comic Kamala Khan is going to be killed off this month.

While Marvel didn't confirm this bit its also 99.9% likely that she will be ressurrected as a mutant thanks to the Five on Krakoa. Thus deleting that awkward inhuman part of her character and just having her be a mutant outright. The ressurrection may also re-align her powers with her film counterpart instead of her current comic power set.

I don't think I could summon the interest in Echo if I tried; a broadly forgettable character in Hawkeye - albeit one with a vaguely interesting backstory - and if they're dropping all episodes in one go? Reads like Disney don't have interest either. Unless the eventual trailer floors me I suspect this might only serve as further ammunition the MCU is becoming a saturated market.

The writer of Quantumania will apparently no longer be writing Avengers Kang Dynasty.

Some good news anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No harm in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

watched Quantumania last night, thought it was rubbish. So not at all gutted the writer of it ain't doing Kang Dynasty.

• Advertisement

Guess that's what happens when you write what amounted to a the most reviled MCU film in a while. And for once with some justification IMO; Quantumania was absolute drek - though there's also a small degree of scapegoating going on, Loveness can't shoulder all the blame; not his fault the FX were so poor, for instance.

Confirmed that Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Yukio, Peter, Dopinder, Blind Al, and Vanessa are all returning for Deadpool 3 in addition to the addition of Jackmans Wolverine.

Be interesting to see if Brolin returns as Cable as think he's the only main character NOT returning at a this stage.

If the movie is based around time travel/multiverses then Cable would actually be the most qualified X-Man aside from Bishop for such a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I admire Ant Man Quantumania for trying to do something different in terms of world building etc, and the cast was great (Bill Murray!), but overall it was let down by its execution, particularly with the overwhelming CGI. There's a good film in there somewhere, but the whole thing seemed very rushed and phoned in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There was no way they were going to let him write an avengers movie after writing that flop quantumania

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Zazee Beetz also not confirmed to return as Domino

Daveed Diggs favourite now to play Ben Grimm The Thing in Fantastic Four

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Once it's not Mila Kunis im ok with whoever gets it!

Was Cable getting a spin off movie, I was sure I read that somewhere

I still come back to the point that it was insane they let him write Quantumania to begin with. His writing credits consist of a few episodes of Rick & Morty, and writing for Jimmy Kimmel on both his show and hosting award shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Advertisement