Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

What methods do people typically use for payments.... daily limit on bank account is a bit restrictive for transferring balance.

Has anyone gone in to bank directly with the Tesla account details and made a single transfer in full?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Transfer over a few days. Online is usually €10k.

Or call your banking support. They can do it in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ian125

I'm the same, M3 RWD, ordered 1st May but at least you have an EDD, mine is just generic May/June so I doubt my car is on any boat 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

I transfered 10k per day.

Where is the best place to charge up for the trip to Cork after getting the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

So support say that there was a mishap with the boat and that the pick up dates for those with a "19 May - 3 June" window will actually be mid June for most people.

There are a load of cars in Baldonnel at the moment but most of them are for a new show room (presumably Cork as I haven't heard of any other new showrooms).

Hard to know what to believe any more. Guess anything is possible until you get an actual delivery date

Post edited by ModelWhy on

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Ballacolla Tesla supercharge site (as long as you have enough range for that journey or alternatively Ionity Fast Charge at Kill (5min drive) is a good alternative .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

That is good to know, however until I can see the money entering my account I don't intend to transfer anything until I can see it coming into my account on the Tesla page

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Estimated delivery date just jumped to June 20th - 30th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

MYLR 19/5 - 3/6. They told me in Sandyford yesterday the car was en route to Baldonnell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

And mine went from June 13-27 to June 6 to 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

New date here too 23 to 30 June from the 19may 3 June ................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 30, was May 19th - June 3rd

cutting it a bit fine for the grant there, elon

2nd MYLR order, placed 4th May, from "existing inventory" - I cancelled my original 30th March order as soon as I got the VIN assigned & EDD for the new one. I asked support today if keeping the original order would have meant quicker delivery, but apparently not. I'm choosing to believe that.

Oh and I asked about the grant-friendly MYs that are currently listed on the site as being in "Dublin" and "ready for delivery."

No they're not, and no they're not.

Post edited by pete on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Same. My EDD fot M3RWD brought forward a week. Now 7-22 June

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

My EDD just changed from 19 May-3rd June to 21 June-30 June.

And my VIN is gone.

it’s gone from “hey it’s nearly here” to “eh maybe next month”

WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

bleedin logistics

It's so hard to coordinate the sale of an existing car when your being fed misinformation. Specifically asked was I safe to proceed with my car sale in spite of my vin going missing etc and was told yes, the MYLR is en route to Baldonnel. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Given they are now cutting delivery so tight to end of quarter (June 27-30 for me). It would seem completely reasonable to say those dates don’t work me. Especially as they have changed my delivery date 5 times.

On that basis I assume it’ll be possible to push to 232 reg? I know they will be desperate to get it collected before then but that’s their problem for cutting it so late.

SEAI grant will still apply as it will have been lodged before half year. Anyone any thoughts on why that wouldn’t work? Again, I know Tesla won’t want this to happen but they’ll hardly be able to cancel an order if a 3 day window doesn’t suit having messed buyers around for months? They wouldn’t have any other buyer on short notice anyway so be no point cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

My delivery date has just gone from 21st May - 5th Jun to 23rd Jun - 30th Jun

My thoughts

1. The date has changed so many times, who knows how accurate anything is with Tesla anymore.

2. I am not registering a 231 days before the 232 registration.

3. All the talk of the Project Highland means it's getting even closer to being an old model by the time I pick it up.

I think I'm out! It's not worth the hassle anymore, and then to be looking at a new model in a few months.

The Tesla purchase process is a shambles.

Now the stress of trying to get my money back off them and I don't mean €250 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

My M3P is still showing 13th to 28th June...I was given VIN via chat the other day and told it was on Grande Mirafiori...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

Mine has so changed to 13th - 28th June. Have VIN, and there's now a request for cash (M3 in blue/black).

Who knows what that all means. Could be September before delivery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Oh how I don’t miss this forum was through the exact same hassle as most of you dates changed orders cancelled waiting weeks for refunds it is something that will stick with me for a long time.

putting that to the side after collecting the car what a dream car it is it’s brilliant in every way for me so hold on in there people because it’s so worth it in the end best of luck all.

Rather than debate what may (or may not) be "reasonable" I would not assume anything. While Tesla usually extend flexibility of a week or so to accomodate people who are not available for pick up, this (in my experience) has never extended over a quarter end and there have been showrooms discounts in the past around quarter end, always on the basis that the customer can pick up car by the quarter end sometimes just one day from agreeing the sale. If you cant take the car when offered, or delegate someone to collect on your behalf there is also the possibility that the car will be offered to someone who is prepared to take it and you should keep an open mind to that possibility.. There may well be many who have placed orders which were not fulfilled in Q2 who would be only too glad to take it and avail of full SEAI grant before it reduces.

Clearly it is a decision for you alone to make ..I am just highlighting the risk that you should also consider before making your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I get you and agree on most points.

But Tesla isn't any ordinary company... They don't seem to do common sense!

Project Highland is M3 with a MY variant expected in late 2024 but in the USA. Probably 2025 before we get a RHD variant from Shanghai. Plus the cost is likely to go up with a new model. Might be another year or so after that (2026) before we see today's prices in a Highland MY. Plus the grant is gone then too. But again, Tesla pricing is anything but stable so take above with salt!

On registering the 231 car days before 232. You're right it's nuts. But they well probably just hold back the car in Baldonnel for someone else to "order through inventory and pick up a couple weeks time" as is happening now. Your car/spec could be gone by the time you get your refund (assuming you need the refund to fund the next car).

Honestly, 231/232 doesn't make a huge difference in the depreciation stakes as much as you'd think. Mileage, spec, and condition make far more difference. Plus if you order in July grant is reduced by €1500. May not work out as you think.

Best of luck though, to us all! 😅😁

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

Fair point, but I suspect they will have far more cars than legit orders at this quarter end. They’ll have a tonne of cancellations to come in the weeks ahead with so many people having multiple orders.

Most likely at this stage they will do another fire sale to try clear stock, but not cancel this time as delivery will be possible before quarter end and I’ll look to pick up one of the on sale cars. Time will tell.

But even thinking logistically if one was inclined to push an existing order to 232. Just accept the order date given on 30 June. Say nothing

’oops, transferred money to wrong account on 29th’

No way they’ll get fully payment and organise delivery with another person in a few hours. Cant see how it won’t be possible to delay it fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

They would need to do car registration before collection. So if they don’t receive full payment from you a week before the collection date, they could push you to do it or offer the car to other people.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Jaysus M3 RWD brought forward to 9-24 June.

I was 12-27 June and that timing was perfect with business travel I'm on.

I'm screwed if it arrives earlier on the 9th as they are saying now.

Perhaps, will be interesting to see. One thing seems fairly certain though - unless they do a fairly major sale, they’re not going to be able to sell their excess stock, never mind aggressively chasing existing orders with the intention of cancelling them.

• Advertisement

`Relax..there is enough drama ....Tesla will be flexible and if 12-27 June was good for you...things will work out

Advertisement