Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster V Stade Rochelais. Champions Cup Final. Sat May 20, 16:45. Aviva Stadium, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Listening to the Molecast earlier and they made a really good point about ball in play time and La Rochelle taking that away from Leinster. Leinster thrive when the actual play time is in the high 30's and low 40's. Their passing and rucking will wear teams out. When Ireland beat France in the Six Nations, the ball was live for 46 minutes. France couldn't cope. That's how Leinster approach the game as well.

In last seasons final, the ball was in play for just 33 minutes. Leinster couldn't finish the game strongly because La Rochelle simply weren't tired.

There were a lot of pre-lineout huddles, water boys coming on for chats and medical treatment. Leinster could never regain momentum after breaks in play. I know referees are instructed to speed things up and the huddles are gone and the continual water boy invasions curbed.

A high BiP time will aid Leinster if they can manage it.

Post edited by Clegg on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

There's olsc fan events in sandymount hotel and Lansdown rugby club. I'd say one of them might be what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thanks Ciaran, I reckon those might be a bit raucous with a toddler in tow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Enjoy the game anyone that's headed to it, get there early and roar your heads off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Won’t be able to watch this live. The WhatsApp and social media blackout begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

The media love in for ROG is unbelievable, it's almost LAR are the Irish team.

Not really LAR are a cheque book team all the players bought ,how many were developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Leinster almost certainly have a higher wage bill than LaRochelle.

Doubt it most of leinsters high earners are paid by IRFU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Me nerves are shot. I want to see Leinster getting through that first scrum successfully. Let’s hope we get a good start and is it wrong to wish that somebody like Rhule makes a few mistakes? His acceleration is ridiculous.

15 minutes to kick off.

Christ.

Some decent patches of yellow around the stadium, but seeing a lot of blue.

Good.

I can’t believe it! Brilliant by Conan and Sheehan makes the rest look easy.

Oh

My

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well that's a start you want to have

• Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

YESSSSSS What a start!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well that didn't take long, try for Leinster after 40 seconds. Nicely rehearsed lineout from Leinster.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

LOWE.

Oh

My

God

• Advertisement

Fantastic! La Rochelle don't know what's hit them.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

What in earth is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Leinster have a second try inside 6 minutes.

Am I dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Leinster are an irfu subsidiary. Its the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭theVersatile

On the positive side, there won't be any giving out about the ref this week anyways!

Oof. That yellow could be incredibly costly. Game might be over by 20 minutes.

Feck me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Eh is this really happening

Advertisement