Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

For the love of god. He hasn’t even arrived yet. We need a midfielder that can stay fit and can cover defence well. He fits that description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

__

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool were very very poor in the first half. Improved in the second half but average.

The referee was terrible.

Both can be true and both can/did contribute to the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

CL still alive, Leicester need to beat Newcastle, and then Newcastle need to lose away to Chelsea on last day of the season,I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This bounce off Lovren however was considered a deliberate play behind him to offside Kane

Not to mention Kane's dive that was given too.

• Advertisement

Also I know I'm being bitter but high boot aside it's also a last man challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, it’s been infuriating alright… the Salah thing is especially insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Keeper should be warned once then yellow then punished with yellow card and Indirect freekick on second offence and if you take this piss like what Martinez does on a weekly basis, keeper should be shown a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Needs a ref to stand up, also need a ref to have the balls to apply the 6 second in hand rule too it will stop then once the refs start applying the rules

Arsenal handing City the title on a plate, never have I seen a team gifted the title so easily .

Now watch City draw with Chelsea tomorrow, and lose away to Brighton and Brentford, and for Arsenal to think '' if only we beat Nottingham Forest''

• Advertisement

City are champions, and no one cares, and rightly so, cheaters should not be celebrated. They've ruined the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Anyone got a clue when tickets for next seasons Europa League final are likely to go on sale? I'm assuming it won't be until next season starts at least but I'm defo buying. First time in many years Liverpool are in that competition and the final's in Dublin. No doubt we'll be playing Sevilla again and we owe them one after the last time. Gives Jurgen the opportunity to complete the full set of honours. It's fate.

City champions and Sky mention it in passing ,

Champions with 85pts, SAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

They'll finish with 94 but who cares. Cheating a title means nothing.

in reality 84pts won it, 1 less than they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You know I agree on Nunez, tho not to your levels, and I agree the ref blaming is maybe OTT but leave it out on Salah FFS, another 30 goal season despite how bad thins have been.

If he left, we literally don't have another man among the 4 there (Bobby also gone) who will likely score 20 in all comps (nvm PL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'd say it'll be a ballot on the UEFA website in the new year

The clubs will get an allocation. If we're there it'll Go to those who attend the EL games along the way

Even M.O.T.D can't figure out the ruled out goal, shocking call, defender OBVIOUSLY played it, yet ref, and all the VAR team saw it, but didn't believe it WTF

Henderson had a stone wall penalty, clear as day, defender got none of the ball, and all of the back of his calf, again they missed it? Nope, they saw it, but chose not to give it, why? What reason... because todays ref was the touchline assistant Klopp yelled at the other week, and today was payback..

Plus the assault on Gakpo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Absolute class act firmino is, one of my all time favourite players. When he was good, Liverpool were damn good,made that team tick for years. He know what klopp wanted from him and he was totally selfless.

Alot of respect for a player when he knows his time is up and he goes out like that. Pure class I'm sure he'll be a huge loss to the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Always felt we left this good run of form too late, any slim hope of top 4 really died with that Bournemouth defeat, pity as both United and Newcastle were vulnerable, but, realistically we needed one of them to totally collapse and with so many teams on the beach towards the end of season, that was always unlikely to happen. The recent good form does bode well for next season.

In the long term it might be good that we missed out on top 4, as the club now have to face up to the reality that the transfer policy in recent years hasn't been great. Getting top 4 would have papered over a lot of the cracks, so finally might get the players in that we need especially in midfield. Klopp too might finally realise that holding onto players too long isn't a great strategy and also that we need more than 1 way to play. Winning EL is a realistic goal, any chance to win silverware should be embraced, also we won't have to play Real Madrid next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Supporting Liverpool and Leinster, rooting for Katie Taylor, and wanting Lomachenko to win in the boxing.... Yesterday was a tough one :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

lol i remember thinking the same thing in 2011 when it was in Dublin. Thought liverpool were gonna get to the final, bought 2 cat 1 tickets at I think 145 euro each... Liveprool beaten by FC Braga :( ended up the final being Benfica v Porto, one of the worst games i have ever seen lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Bournemouth result was a killer, they were bottom of the league and hadn't won a home game since beating Everton in November. Realistically that result ended the chance of getting into the Champions League places without relying upon Man Utd or Newcastle suffering a collapse. It meant that we needed to win almost every game for the remainder of the season to have a chance.

The Chelsea match in early April deserves a special mention. The 0-0 draw was the only point Chelsea got in the month of April, they were that bad at the time. What was worse is that we made them look better than the actually were. Our players looked afraid of conceding a goal rather than going for the jugular. Kante not having started a game since early August outworked Fabinho, Henderson and Jones until he was substituted. Kante was named man of the match and afterwards, Bruno Saltor, said he only started him to get some match practice before they played Real Madrid.

Even if we had picked up the additional 5 points that were available from those two games we would still have needed to beat Villa yesterday to have a real chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

Milner confirmed yesterday that Klopp wanted him to stay for another season and he would have been happy to do so but the powers that be decided not to offer that contract. I had suspected as much when the news of his potential move to Brighton broke a few weeks ago, somebody behind the scenes has their head screwed on and Klopp not having the option of being able to fall back on Milner next season has forced the issue of refreshing the midfield personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It’s just not fair 🙈

Jude could have a league title medal, Dortmund go top, 1 game to go. Bayern lose at home.

Dortmund two points clear. Poor Mane thought it was going to be easy, '' go to Bayern, win several titles''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

And interesting that it's 2 of Klopps former clubs playing each other on the final day of the season

• Advertisement

Yep, Dortmund at home too, can't see them lose it from here, a winners medal will add another 10m to Jude, just to make it even more impossible for Liverpool to sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

I thought the RM deal was done and dusted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Is it known who Firmino is joining next

Nothing is confirmed. There are rumours that he has offers from Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Marc Guehi is a name popping up now. He would count as HG too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Would be a shrewd signing if they can get it done quickly. He has a few England caps and was linked with a move to Newcastle in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jorg Schmadtke about to be appointed the new sporting director. By all accounts, it’s an odd choice.

Looking at his previous signings for other clubs, we could expect to sign a “character” or two under him, and he seems to favour height a bit too strongly as well.

Hopefully it works out well though, not going to write him off before he even arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Guehi I expect would be a costly one. Chelsea have a first refusal option, Palace got him for £18m and he's got 3yrs left on the current contract

Hard to see him move below £40m

Guehi seems to favour the left hand side of central defence anyways. I'm glad that Liverpool are looking at that side of the defence as the long term VVD successor needs to be looked at in the next 12-18 months anyways. No harm in having him at the club for longer. Integrate in while the other guy is there. Like what happened with Diaz/Mane & Gakpo/Bobby.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

So many weird things going on behind the scenes.

My take on what Ornstein said is that it sound like he is just there to handle the final points of deals, and not actually direct the recruitment strategy.

It promises to be a period of significant change at Anfield, with Liverpool targeting an injection of quality in midfield and considering their options in defence, while a back-up goalkeeper may also be required if Caoimhin Kelleher moves to be a No 1 elsewhere.

Liverpool have already done the majority of the groundwork ahead of the window opening but having a new sporting director in place is seen as an ideal solution ahead of such a crucial summer.

Schmadtke, 59, is likely to agree an initial short-term deal to replace Julian Ward, who is leaving at the end of the season. There will be an option to extend his stay if the role goes well or Liverpool may decide to explore other options.

Head of recruitment Dave Fallows and chief scout Barry Hunter would work closely with the former goalkeeper, who is available to start work immediately after announcing his “retirement” from Wolfsburg in January.

I do like the phrase "Liverpool have already done the majority of the groundwork ahead of the window opening"

Fingers crossed it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

All we can do is ask that they learn from the mistakes of the past.

When the window officially opens there could be some significant leaning...

I think we see MacAllister announced within a week of the window opening anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We were very very slow against Villa...weve been like that most of the season. We are too easy to play against..

Need competition for Salah, 2 starting CMs with engine's on them and who can chip in with long shot goals. 1 CB (without selling any of the current ones) and a right back at least... as we know we will get a load of injuries during the season...

Need to buy some pacy attackers too imo.. but not sure we will as we have too may players to replace now in one window.

maybe i'm overreacting ??

I think the same.

It's all noises coming out of Argentina saying that a deal is close, and not local journos too, which generally seems to be the trend when big money signings are made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mac Allister is going to be a brilliant signing and he'll add plenty of "grit" to our midfield if we do land him. He never shys away from the rougher side of the game.

Souness, going to swim the channel, fair play 😪

• Advertisement
Advertisement