Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENGWE X26 All Terrain E-Bike - Anyone got one in Ireland?

Options
  • 20-05-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

Hey,

I saw an ad for the Engwe X26 a while back, I have to say it's a beauty, they make some nice looking bikes.

I don't know what the quality is like, maybe someone on here owns an Engwe e-bike and has some advice.

It's a fair bit of cash, manufacturers are in China, EU warehouses, don't know anyone that owns one locally.

There's a few Irish e-stores offering them, but no psychical store or repairs service, drop-shipping services.

Had a Boardman hybrid but it got stolen, I love cycling but could do with the power assist for long journeys.

The Engwe M20 looks pretty retro: Max Speed: 25km/h, while the Engwe X26 has 50km/h.

Anyway, what do you think.

Thanks

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it looks like something that would have been used as a prop in the original 'robocop' movie.

and 1200W? it's a motorbike, not a bicycle. that's nearly five times what would be legal for use on the road.

41KG!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Robocop 😂 it does look futuristic in the pics, I don't want to be Robocop either.

I just want to know more about them, if anyone has/had one and their experience.

Engwe X26 is powerful 1200W, they're locked to 25km/h for IE if sent from manufacturers.

Just like many of the e-bikes in local stores, they're built to go faster, but limited to 25km/h.

Post edited by Sounds on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why would you want 1200W and lock it to 25km/h? locking it to 25km/h doesn't change the fact that it's still far too powerful to be considered a pedelec.

if you're using it on private land, it's OK; on public roads, just be wary of the new law coming in (whenever that may be) about PPT, the gardai could do a crackdown (but i doubt they will).

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Scary things for sure, in untrained hands accidents occur, as with motorcycle, or even bicycles.

If there are e-bikes on Irish roads capable of going over the 15mph limit, they should be licenced.

There should be theory tests and e-bike training facilities like their is for any vehicle on Irish roads.

Can't imagine what might happen if you accidentally slipped the throttle on a fast e-bike, e-scooter.

I've tested a few 750w motors, weren't powerful enough for hills, sometimes you might want to stop

peddling and let the motor take control, and I think most people would want a bit of power under them.

If there are e-bikes on Irish roads capable of going over the 15mph limit, they should be licenced.

The law already states that an e-bike capable of providing assistance above 25km/h is an MPV and requires a licence.

If people want to stop pedalling and be carried uphill, they can buy a moped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

What hill and what weight are you?

I have yet to meet a hill which won't take me via a 750w engwe ep2 pro.

going to close this thread; none of the machines mentioned are actually bicycles!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement