Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Seadin

Cork are very wasteful

That's the end of that with Galways third goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Disappointing as we were well in this game but we had shocking wides throughout. Especially at the start when we on top. We should have been at least 4 up when they got the first goal. Then later when we got it down to 3 points behind, some very poor shooting again.

Still some very good prospects on this team so thats the most important thing

I can't see how we can be positive when we were beaten by 14 points. They were ripped apart by Galway last 10 mins. Galway far better side in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Disappointing result but hopefully we'll get a good few players out of that team through to the u20's and seniors. Well done to Galway. Bad shooting is bad hurling, and as a result we didn't deserve to win. I still think that Cork hurling is still in a good place, and we do have an u20 all Ireland final to look forward to. Hopefully we'll do the business there, and indeed hopefully we do likewise in Ennis tomorrow.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement

Awful second half of the first half!

Going along great and then Horgan misses a few then we have overlaps to get goals but somehow mess it up. Lost our way a bit and they got momentum. There is opportunities for goals if we just use the ball better from midfield to attack. Still think we can win this.

Conor Cahalane needs to be taken off as it just hasn't been his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

5 down at half time, probably lucky not to be more behind, Clare with a few poor wides

Can't get over the lack of basic skills from our lads. Far too many dropped catches, failure to pick the ball up 1st go, and really poor puckouts once again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Basic skills lacking today. Struggling to pick it up and dropping the ball constantly. Can't win playing like that.

We're seven points down right now, Clare got another goal from a penalty as well. This really has been a very poor Cork performance so far. I hope we won't end up ruing the fact, that we didn't beat Tipp at home a few weeks ago.

Shane Kingston wins a penalty. Hoggie missed it put Declan Dalton puts away the rebound to bring it back down to four points.

• Advertisement

It's down to two points now with 16 minutes left.

We drew level with a goal from Hoggie, but Clare hit back with two points. We have five minutes of normal time left here.

Scoring a goal to level it but then immediately giving up 2 points is ridiculous.

Great point by Hoggie there. It's a draw game with about three minutes of injury time left.

Deserved to lose that. Too many mistakes. Clare were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Barring a miracle, season over. Almost no chance we'll beat Limerick next week playing like that. Need a massive improvement. Clare did their absolute best to gift us that and we still couldn't get it done.

Score a goal to level it late on and concede 2 points within 30 seconds. Kingston then levels it again later and as soon as the camera goes live after the replay they're knocking over another score with ease. Braindead stuff. No composure whatsoever. So disappointing.

Clare win it right at the death. It was a much improved second half performance by Cork, but a very poor first half performance proved to be very costly in the end. Clare are through to the Munster final, and we have to beat Limerick in Limerick now to stay in the championship. The game is 70 plus minutes long, and unfortunately Cork only played well for 35 and a bit of those minutes.

Still though i still thought we deserved a point at the very least, on account of that second half performance. Oh well that's the way it goes. Well done to Clare, their hurlers and footballers have recorded championship wins over us this year. It's 1997 all over again! With regards to the next day, we do owe Limerick a beating or two, so hopefully we'll have a right cut off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Cork2021

We didn’t play well enough in the first half, very lax marking as well near the end, but maybe on my own here but I thought the ref let Clare off a nice bit, especially pulling of the Hurley back when a cork player was trying to exit the tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Kelly dive at the end was embarrassing.

Cork were poor and Clare weren't much better.

We just let that slip away from us. An awful pity. Ref didn't really give us any 50-50 at all. I don't mean he was unfair but he just saw many tackles from Cork as fouls and not from Clare. There was one in particular when the Clare fella caught it and 2 Cork players bottled him up and he fell over and got a free out. I think these should be played on and not frees for either team. Clare seemed to be allowed to take puckouts very quickly whereas we got pulled up. We got a goal and by the time they showed the replay Clare had a point. 4 minutes seemed very short too as there were a good few stoppages. These are all small things but it seemed to add up to the difference.

I'm not saying the ref is the reason we lost, I just mean we didn't get those really close decisions. Clare just seemed to get the bounce of the ball every time, Sometimes its just not your day. It felt like that today.

We took too long to change things as well. As I said at half time, Conor Cahalane should have been subbed at half time and he was a passenger for the 10 mins of the second half before he was taken off.

The second half of the first half where we just let them power on cost us big time. We just lost our way with a few things going wrong and it took 10 mins into the second half until we righted the ship. Hard to win when you go a period without scoring. We switched off a few times like after we drew level or got a goal. These are things we need to fix for the next day.

I think we can beat Limerick though but it is a massive task. Its possible but not probable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hurlaway

He also let Cork play throwball and pull a faceguard which is supposed to be a red

Well i hope we can actually compete with Limerick for once, in the gaelic grounds at the very least. You really do need to win all your home games, and our failure to beat Tipp at home could prove to be very costly in the end.

Same old failings from Cork. Basic skills went out the window at times and Cork never had control of the game after the first 15 minutes. Conceding 2 points within seconds of the equalizing goal was ridiculous. No composure with long balls being sent in long that Clare easily dealt with. The amount of space the Clare fella had for the winning point was farcical. Only for the huge number of Clare wides it would've been a bit of a hammering.

We will be out of championship next week. Not a hope are we going to win in the Gaelic grounds v Limerick. I knew we wouldn't beat Clare today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Have to start our strongest team. Limerick aren't the force they were and Finn is a big loss at the back for them.

I think we will compete well but their home advantage means a big difference. I don't think Limerick are as far ahead as they were but we need a huge performance. If Tipp win today, the crowd may be edgy so hopefully we can use it to our advantage. Like today after Clare got 2 points at the very start, the crowd were up but when we came back to lead in the first half, it effectively quietened the crowd but we let things slip again.

There are some hilarious posts here about us lacking basic skills which is vey funny to me 😅

I thought we were a greatly improved team in the second half. We were probably lucky not to be more than five points down at half time though.

Us Cork folk are a lot of things, but we are never ever beaten before the battle starts! Limerick are a fine team, but we have seen other counties go toe to toe with them. I'm hopeful that we'll give them a game, but we have to improve in a huge way from today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

You must not have seen Cork over the last 18 years...often beaten before we start..

• Advertisement

Advertisement