Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I never looked back after reaching Skellig.

Absolutely beautiful location and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was playing this game all day Saturday and again till now. There is so much to do. You finish side quests and then get more all the time. I was even doing a Witcher hunt mission and forgot that once you collect the gear it's finished and the game auto loaded another mission which I didn't follow and ended up starting Blood and wine DLC. I was wondering why the guys at the site in Novigrad were so difficult to beat but got there in the end and then went to the location and fought a giant good job there was other guys with me as I was so under powered and once that giant was down I went to the nearest fast travel location and back to Skellig/Novigrad.

It's some game though. I'm hooked atm. I heard the DLC's are long too. I don't know if that's a good thing as I may be worn out. I have over 2 days done so the Xbox tells me. So a couple of hours over 48 hours done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Are you playing on Series X, how's the performance after the next gen update and patches etc etc etc? I have this game on the backlog for years.

Yes, I'm playing on the Series X. I also own it on PC for some reason. The performance on the Xbox is good. I actually started the game on Xbox five or six years ago and just left it for what ever reason and I'm glad I came back to it as it is that good. I think it was to do with hearing storys of 80+ hours to beat it and then not fully understanding the game and said I cannot be bothered to learn or sink 80+ hours in this game and said I'll come back to it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I think inventory management and just having too much stuff and few ways to sell it was one of the complaints I heard made most about the game. There was a chest as I recall in Dandelions pub/club in the city where I used to mass dump everything until the high master blacksmith just around the corner had the money to buy most of it. But that's all I remember.

I also remember the DLCs being quite long but in some ways even better than the main game. But I remember the burn out you talk about too. I played pretty much every mission and side mission back in the day. And when it was finished entirely I was so burned out I could not bring myself to start any other computer game for months afterwards. I think I even made a post on this very forum complaining that I think Witcher 3 broke me and I might never play another game ever again. But it was worth it.

• Advertisement

I figured out after posting that post you linked regarding selling items. I hadn't explored the city of Novigrad properly and the blacksmiths there and they have a larger bank account than where I used to sell. Then there are more in Skellige too. I have no problem selling items now when I need to.

It's a great game alright but there is just so much to do it great and a curse at the same time. Great if you have no other games to play but I actually have a tonne of games to play that I do not even know if I will be able to get around to playing them all.

I finished this game just now. With 76 hours clocked. I done as much as I could. I have a few question marks still left in some places but I'm a bit worn out and still have the DLC to do so I'm not sure if I will go around to do them all. They were a bit stingy with the upgrade points I felt on the side missions. Some you would get 1 point(yes really one point) or maybe 5 or 10 points. I'm not sure if it was like that in the original game or this new enhanced version. Just to add that was near the end and the game may have felt I had a too high of a level so were stingy with points.

I was playing the DLC hearts of stone yesterday but I'm not sure I like it. It is more tricky than the main game and then what the hell is it all about are these fellas

gods or some magic folk or what. Some guy controls the weather and leave a mark some how on Gerald's face another got a sword through the heart and is still alive and acts as if nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I think the answer to those questions becomes fairly clear fairly quickly as you progress.

Basically it is the Witcher version of the old "Sell your soul to satan" story. Gauntar is an incarnation of the Devil who grants wishes but exacts a heavy price. The other guy Olgiers is one of his customers/victims who wished to be unable to die. And now Geralt, with the marking you mention, is also one of Gunther's. I very much liked both characters as the story progressed.

I didn't read your spoiler as I don't want to ruin anything on myself. I just finished the wedding just now and damn I hate Geralt's face clean shaved.

• Advertisement

Well finished the first DLC just now. Not sure I liked it. It was more difficult or trickier than the main game I found especially the named characters or mini bosses what ever you want to call them. Truth fully the only hard enemies in the main game was the named wraiths I found especially if you went into the fight at their level and if so you had no chance especially with how they regenerated health. But anyway over all it was ok of a DLC. I could have finished it last night if I had known there was

no boss fight at the end

as it was late when I stopped playing and said I wasn't in the mood for a difficult fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Question about your ending:

What do you mean there was no boss fight? There is kind of a boss fight area, but it depends on the choice you make at the end. What did you do with Olgierd?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ok, that explains the lack of boss fight. If you chose otherwise, you would have had a cool boss sequence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I played this on PC so modded out the inventory limit as I hate inventory management unless it is a RE game

I think I put in about 230 hours but that included every marker except the ones in the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Just finished this for like the 5th time, I could always New game plus it but now it wont let me, I reached level 100 upgraded all potions, got all the abilities that I like maxed out and got 11/12 of the new mutations but now I'll have to start all over whenever I want to replay it.....That's going to take some getting used to not being OP anymore!

Can anyone tell me this it's been on my mind but I will ask now. Remember

near the beginning of this game you have to fight some magic evil tree or so you are told but it turns out the witches are the evil beings. I was tricked, as the villagers said the witches were nice so I went against the tree. What happens if you listen to the tree and go after the witches. Does it alter the game as you fight those witches later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only started this again recently myself and just finished that quest a while ago. I've gone both ways over my playthroughs, but this time killed the tree spirit.

The tree spirit is actually the Crones mother, and is pure evil. If you kill the tree, the Crones eat the kids Gran was plumping up (her job as per agreement with the Crones), but you get a chance to kill 2 of them later. If you kill the Crones, the tree will be released, kill everyone in the nearby village, and as per the journal entry continues to move and kill all. So neither option is the right choice. Its basically saving a group of orphans or an ever increasing untold number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Photo mode is basic but still such a great feature:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And not even a minute later I get stuck falling through a tree and have to reload my last save.

A hard game to love at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm at the resuce Dandelion part and all will to continue has died. This part also goes in the hard to love at times section. I don't know if I can even try and blast through that part... I know it improves again afterwards, but it's a longish part!

This shall be my 2024 game 😁

Totally booked up this year.

Got my first bug in this game on Xbox two nights ago in the Blood and Wine DLC. I was doing the knights challenge side mission and it was during a cut scene and the video just stalled. It was late so I called it a night. Ran fine the next evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bit odd you felt the need to post about it, mind you.

I finished up the Blood and Wine main story though I'm not finished with the game, I have a few side missions still left to do. I was going around doing a few side mission and came across the largest bandit camp in the Witcher history. Up north of the map in B&W, they just kept coming and coming and dogs too it was pure mayhem, I nearly died so many times I had to dash backwards and keep eating and wait a while till my health replenished.

I also got a sore finger during the battle with Detlaff. I was dodging so much my finger was killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So about 9 years late but I have this downloaded and ready to go on the ps5. Looking at the gameplay videos on YouTube it looks like it will be a great experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So jealous you get to experience it for the 1st time!

This shall be my 2025 game.

Totally booked up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Glebee

I envy anyone playing this gem for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Playing it for the first time in 60fps no less. Nice.

Advertisement