Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dub2020

When is the typical payment made? Should I wait until Tesla provides a confirmed delivery date? If so, how long does it usually take to receive that information? I understand that I need to make the full payment one week before the collection, but I'm unsure about the timing. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Your decision if you want to roll that dice .you are aware of the risks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

I've a M3LR in red ready for collection. I've been offered dates for this week coming and I still haven't paid anything other than the deposit.

I'm waiting for my M3P and not taking the LR but I'm not cancelling yet...kind of want to see what happens if I keep ignoring the texts to book collection...

The LR is a firesale car which they didn't cancel but they removed the discount. They messed me around so I don't mind messing them around holding the order till they force my hand to cancel.

Can you share how much time in advance Tesla informs you about the delivery date? I'm asking because I believe I would need a minimum of two weeks before the delivery date if I do online bank transfer: one week for the bank transfer (maximum 10k per day), and another week before the delivery date for registration purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

I got my delivery date last Friday. I paid it off daily this week and got the registration this Friday gone (19th)

Had the license plate by lunch time

• Advertisement

Thank you. It appears that I should simply wait for my delivery time. It has been rescheduled to the end of June, which is quite disappointing...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

and ANOTHER change of date for me too.... now moved again to June 7th - 22nd! That's the third EDD in a week.

When I first called into Sandyford in February I recall the Customer Agent saying "After you pay your deposit, you'll receive confirmation, then do not expect to hear anything else from TESLA until your car is ready for collection". At that stage the EDD was April, and I asked if this would be the case.... "Not sure, to be honest. It will probably be later, but you WILL have the car before July". I laughed, thinking he was joking. He didn't laugh. And he wasn't!

This has been some experience, but for those of us still waiting, from what other folk who have collected have said, it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

We had a similar situation. Had no intention of taking the car but every time we were called we said we couldn’t afford to pay for the car until they refunded our €50k from fire sale care (took 2+ months).

Guy on the end of the phone was always kinda confused about what to do and said he’d chase the refund team. Went on for a few weeks.

Eventually they just scheduled a collection date and time without agreeing it with us. Didn’t show up and cancelled it a while after. Suspect this is what will happen to you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

oh one other thing that was mentioned re: the disappearing VIN

Supposedly there's a new(?) policy that the VIN will only show up on the account 3 weeks out from the delivery date; have a VIN, but delivery date is pushed out by a couple of weeks? The VIN goes, but will reappear once you're 3 weeks out again.

Fair enough, like, but I've absolutely no idea what this achieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

At end of quarter Tesla may do a fire sale, but look at how the last one went (or didn't go in the end as it turned out).

Remember, while Tesla want to get the sale in this quarter, they don't have to, which means it's nothing to them to hold onto the car into Q3 and give some other customer an easier experience and faster delivery time.

That said, imho Tesla really need to sort out their ordering process. To say it's a shambles is being kind!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Unlikely they’ll want to move the cars into Q3. If they know anything about Ireland, they’ll know that cars sales drop away to virtually zero into Q4 as you get nearer to a 241 plate.

Point is while they may not WANT to, they can and have moved cars from quarter to quarter. This has allowed for faster sales to "new" customers.

Why do you think people have been able to order and pick up a car within 2-3 weeks where others have ordered since Jan, Feb etc and are still waiting?

Tesla don't seem to back fill orders as you would expect. It's not exactly what you might call a fair system.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 asifr

I can swap dates with you if technically possible. I've ordered White RWD M3 with EDD 12-27 Jun

They text me a few times. 4th May, 12th May and 19th May. When I clicked the link on the 4th and 12th it was about 2 weeks from delivery dates.

The 19th was for dates this week coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Weser Highway is en route from Zeebrugge to reach Dublin port on the 23rd May at 6AM

I'm hearing anecdotal rumors of Tesla's on board for anybody with delivery dates in Ireland from 5th to 20th of June

Timing seem accurate I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

The whole process really is rather daft.

How can the purchasing process be some completely covered?

Estimated delivery :

April - May, then

May 19th - June 3rd, then

June 20th - June 30th

Followed by disappearing VIN etc etc.

It's incredibly poorly managed and structured.

Meantime the same car is aledgedly available for delivery in Dublin, presumably right up until you pay for it and attempt to collect it.

I'm lucky insofar as although I have a car to sell, it's to a family member and they are very facilitating of me holding onto it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sometimes Tesla are the downfall on themselves. They shouldn’t be providing so much info to customers or customers have too much access to data. Real or not.

if I order a bmw tomorrow I get a rough delivery slot from the sales man. That may change closer to the time but I don’t have options to sit there refreshing apps, following boats or checking inventory pages.

For example, recent i4 order told delivery was last october, then November then December then January buyer got it in May of this year

Its a consequence of the most tracked company on the planet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

That is exactly it; I was just saying to hubby last night that we are getting all the grief that the dealer would get in buying through normal channels. We would be told a date, which might or might not change, and that is all we would know.

Not necessarily...

I ordered a new VW in 2021 and was given an ETA and was updated at each stage of production, i.e., parts assigned, production line, Quality control, removal to shipping port and landing with NVD.

I think some manufacturers attract "enthusiasts" of buyers and the like of this thread will exist...the VW groups track ships also.

The crazy thing is, the Tesla ordering process is probably one of the better ones out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Quite happy to consider this if it comes to it however I do suspect Tesla would be less cooperative. I'm also willing to pay someone to collect on my behalf if necessary!

An aunt of mine ordered a leaf in January 2021 for delivery in April, kept getting delayed, pulled the deposit in summer of 2022 to put the deposit on an e-niro which was due for delivery in November... Picked it up last week...

By comparison I ordered a M3 on the 17th of April and it's looking like I'll have it by mid-June

People who see my posts here know I'm definitely not a Tesla fanboy... But they are doing something right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Any way of checking a VIN against that shipment ?

I would say your experience is more the exception than the rule.

Been on this page since January when I ordered. 6 date changes later, 1 cancelled car, €55k held by Tesla for over two months on a car they cancelled. Yet to receive a single phone call to explain anything. Best I got was an email essentially saying ‘we know our service is **** but we’re understaffed to deal with the price cuts. Sorry. Will try to get some form of compensation to you but not sure my boss in the UK will respond to my email’

Theres at least a dozen people on this forum with open CCPC cases against Tesla which have been progressed to the enforcement team.

So maybe they are doing something right in some cases but holy god are they doing an awful lot wrong. The worst company I have ever dealt with and it’s not close.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

What's the typical timeline for arrival to port and then onto Baldonnel? Seems like everything is ahead of schedule?

Or do we have a measure of that at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

My car arrived in Dublin on the 9th of March and deliveries started from the 14th, if I remember correctly. Collected mine on the 21st. That was the earliest option in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 asifr

Folks QQ. My tesla has an EDD of 12-27 Jun and uptill now I've only paid the 250 Eur deposit. Due to a family emergency followed by sudden change in circumstances, I might not be needing the tesla anymore but im not 100% sure as yet. Uptill what date can I cancel my order? Is it till the final payment notification date or do I need to cancel it right away? (as Im yet not 100% sure about my circumstances triggering the change)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have a look at the bmw i4 thread. Orders delayed by months. Delivery date changing constantly. One week it’s in production the next week it’s not.

Its not the exception unfortunately. Tesla seem to be the worse pre sale and one of the best post sale. But many drop out before collection so they don’t get to see this.

All ill say is if your still waiting on a car, hopefully you like it when it comes 😎

• Advertisement

Have bought new BMs and Mercs before. Neither are a great experience I will agree but neither come close to the sheer incompetence of Tesla.

Cant wait for the car, have driven many of them and they are in a class of their own for the price. But it will be the first and last new Tesla I buy. In future I’d either go second hand Tesla or just cough up the extra cash for a premium brand. Sure Teslas are cheap in money terms, but the process has cost an awful lot in terms of wasted time. Lesson learned on my side!

Advertisement