Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mistakenly went gift shopping for an event that is two weeks away. Lesson = don’t listen to other people…. Thought I’d established that… 😅

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trolleys with dodgy wheels. It was like a gym workout, FFS.

And removing the chain from the coin slot lock was a pain in itself. That should have been a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Saw a girl yesterday wheeling a trolley through the exit gates of Tesco where they are supposed to lock if you try and pass. She just lifts the wheel through that has the lock on it. It dosen't trigger it so she just carrys on down the road with her shopping.

Was on the bus yesterday and somebody didn't pay.

One rule for some, another rule for others.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's good to know, thanks. In my specific case, there was no lock on the wheels, it probably just needed a hit with a hammer to tweak it straight again, or some WD40. Or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is the amount of past it’s date food I throw out. That’s why I’m heating an Irish stew while it’s still the 20th

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

im wide awake so decided to rewatch’’ The Motorcycle Diaries’ except I can’t find it anywhere , and I Know I recorded it .

Those blonde triplets on TV, and media…the three sisters from Dundalk…. SuperValu add, chat shows, magazines, absolutely everywhere.

The fûck are people now so dumbed down that they are impressed by three adult triplets who look identical and that somehow passes for entertainment nowadays….

you can see how contrived it all is… three adult humans who dress the same at pretty much each and every public opportunity (weird)… in their late 30’s or early 40’s, erm…..very weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

When you arrange to meet someone at a certain time and they have still not shown up 15 minutes after the time.

I'm one of those annoying people who is early to everything. I just think it's manners to be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your in a clothes shop and the music is blaring and you can't concentrate.

I'm old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

RTÉ.ie's periodic "IS IT TIME TO DROP THE LETTER Z FROM THE ALPHABET" type articles.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you're stuck behind a slow moving vehicle for what seems like ages, waiting (im)patiently for an opportunity to overtake safely, only to see the vehicle in question turn into a side road in your rear view mirror just after you've passed them...!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Habitual lateness is possibly my biggest bugbear. It literally says to people "I couldn't give shıt one about your time".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Autism on board” car sticker. Who the **** cares …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

At the risk of going against the TA.

I'd imagine the reason or some of the reason is to do with there being no other way to alert fellow drivers that the car might make a sudden unexpected manoeuver , so best to keep your distance.

Also the person/child might be technically older than what the parent and child parking spaces are intended but due to intellectual disabilities it's too dangerous to walk through the carpark.....so having a sign up is a way to explain why they are taking a parent parking spot.

My TA is this feckin site, trying to type a reply is hard bloody work

My TA is buying some clothing online last night, but ten minutes after completing the purchase, remembering I had a valid discount code in my email…. 15% off that particular label 🤪 So with everything that’s a total of 43.50 I didn’t save…. That I co.. should have saved….

still there was a good sale on already, but the code could still have been used on top of it… 😵‍💫 bummer.

It was too small to “warn” any drivers. Either way it shouldn’t excuse any erratic or unexpected manoeuvres. Maybe for the parking bays. It still annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why would a car with an autistic person on-board make sudden unexpected maneuver's?

I think having autism as a passenger or being an autistic driver, you still have to drive within the road traffic act…. If that wasn’t the case there’d be absolute carnage on our roads…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't know maybe because they fired something at the driver, hitting/startling the driver.

Or they started to have a meltdown requiring the driver to pull in unexpectedly.

I'm not talking about zig zagging across the road or anything like that....just maybe something unexpected, slowing down pulling in on a straight road etc.

If the sign is small and you can read it, chances are you're driving too close to deal with something unexpected, which is why they are trying to give a warning.

I'm not saying the sign deminishes them of responsible driving by any stretch but maybe it's their way of trying to add another "safety feature".

Edit to add: it may also be there if there was an accident to alert first responders of someone with additional needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the last part is the only bit that makes sense.

Environmentalists trying to damage / destroy the Trevi fountain...

More of this shitshow where thugs... which is all they are... when notvgetting their way not getting enough attention then choosing the path of destruction and violence.... the act in itself doesn't do anything for the cause. . Scummy dopes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Spilled olive oil on my shirt this morning. Tried some vanish and a wash but I got home and it's totally ruined. It was a Christmas gift so I'm in something of a foul mood.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Good old laundry soap (or washing soda - NOT caustic soda) should get rid of it quite easily. Otherwise get one of the Stain Devils. Hope you get it sorted.

If the shirt is made of synthetic fibres it could ruin it.

My week, it’s busy, I’m knackered looking at my skedoodle…

vaccine booster appointment, dental appointment, physio appointment, workmen coming to install some tech, and I’ve probably forgotten something…..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I am not gonna give about the ads here lately again.... I am not gonna give out about the ads here lately again.....

But i really wish giant inside of an old mans ear would p*ss off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Would that help if it's set? Do you just mean use it for a regular wash?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Probably too late if it’s set, but salt is meant to absorb cooking oil from clothes. You could try washing up liquid or hand soap

my TA is I regularly store up TAs to post here when I am driving, but can never remember them when I come to post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement