Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They know they'd be totally overwhelmed with reports. They can't even cope with the 999 calls they get ffs...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The new style of parking at the Supervalu car park in Ballybofey is to try and get the car centred over a white line. Got 2 here for the price of 1. If I said it was women who parked both cars Id get slaughtered so I wont mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Donegal is like Mumbai when it comes to driving. It's like a third world country in driving terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No more than the fact that these two were women drivers, in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Blatantly taking up 2 spaces is very annoying but I can understand it if you're minding your car as shop carparks are notorious for people that don't give a s**t about other people's cars( not condoning it but understand it and may have done it) but what drives me insane is people parking on the lines. No way will I squeeze in when I know they'll come back and bang doors and trolleys off my car, it's every bit as bad as parking in the middle of 2 spaces imo, maybe even worse tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seen worse but still....

A lady came back to the car minus a child.. looking like a drunk dolly parton..off the center of that space by 5 feet and making the wheelchair/accessible space unusable at worse... dangerous for anyone with a disability at best..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Parent and child spaces are just a courtesy, no requirement for them to have children. Most people won't take advantage of them but people are generally disgustingly lazy and will abuse them to park next to the door rather than park 50m away. Most people that park in them in my local Tesco never have children with them or just an empty car seat.

But the spaces were marked out for a reason much the same as disabled parking bays. I believe the laws cant be enforced when these bays are located on private property such as supermarkets and shopping centres etc but you need to be a bit of bollix to to use them when not entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

If you mean Parent and Children spots, there is no entitlement or lack of entitlement in their use. They carry no legal weight whatsoever regardless of being in private property or pubic.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Arnout

Or children that are old enough to be well capable of getting in and out of the car themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carbuncle

Busy aldi carpark, merc was there when I arrived and still there when I left. The full 4 spaces.

Not sure why it’s sideways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's not just that he parked on the footpath, he parked on the one bit of the footpath that is dished, to accommodate wheelchair users, parents pushing buggies, people using walking frames and more. I guess it was just too much effort to reverse back a little bit.

Probably one of the builders working on the house at the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Me thinks tesla drivers are the new bmw drivers.

Not a disabled person in sight & its not the first time I've noticed how entitled they feel they are!

Outside a SuperValu this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Definitely the new a$$holes on the road. So many of them adore Elon like he is infallible but I digress.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I haven't noticed Tesla drivers to drive like they own the road and there's plenty of them around where I live. Honestly haven't noticed any EVs driving like they own the road. Still the same twats in their 10-15 year old shítbox diesels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

More of this needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭POBox19

Leaves plenty of room to park the shopping trolleys on either side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭De Bhál

nothing in the driveway, just couldn't be arsed driving it in that extra 4 metres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Where to begin? Parked on a (semi) roundabout, double yellows, obstructing traffic flow and just in front of a zebra crossing!!! Stayed there for a good thirty minutes.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

^^ Parking properly is only for Plebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Clifden. Lovely town but they just park anywhere.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't think Tesla drivers have a sense of entitlement necessarily. The fact they have bought into the hype and purchased a truly awful car, shows its more likely that they are just dumb.

Why bother parking my wankpanzer in an actual parking bay when I can just stop and walk away?

I thought it was the guy using the ATM at first, but no, it wasn't.

Supervalu Knocklyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

That's a regular one in that Supervalu, always parked in that area anytime I've seen. Meant to get a photo before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

I've seen it 5-6 times in the last year and I'm in that Supervalu regularly, sometimes gone when I've come back out so assume they're just a customer.

Advertisement